internet gurus, name server hacked?

i had to renew my network solutions accounts for 3 domain names
one had a name server AUTH3.NS.ENI.NET which comes back to MegaPath Cloud Company, LLC. I never done biz with them.
it was on top as the first name server. someone was able to change it? i removed it.

also using Microsoft browser does not work at network solutions, i had to use chrome.

MegaPath was a business telecommunications company. In 2018, MegaPath was acquired by cloud service provider Fusion Connect for $71.5 million. Maybe you used them?

MegaPath was a business telecommunications company. In 2018, MegaPath was acquired by cloud service provider Fusion Connect for $71.5 million. Maybe you used them?

nope ,

i was thinking some could change your name server and mis route traffic to some place else

i had to renew my network solutions accounts for 3 domain names
one had a name server AUTH3.NS.ENI.NET which comes back to MegaPath Cloud Company, LLC. I never done biz with them.
it was on top as the first name server. someone was able to change it? i removed it.

also using Microsoft browser does not work at network solutions, i had to use chrome.
I've had multiple domains with Network Solutions for over 25 years. They were great, right up until web.com bought them. They're now a steaming pile of **** on all fronts (hosting, email, service, the works). I've been bailing products over to others every time one comes up for renewal. Cut your losses.

NSI, while the legacy registrar, is the worst by nearly all measures, they only just recently added (weak) multi-factor authentication for account changes.

nope ,
i was thinking some could change your name server and mis route traffic to some place else
There are free tools/services to watch DNS records and notify on any change. I have a cron job that uses host & whois along with |sort|diff so I get one email anytime the output doesn't match the previous run.

If none of the above makes sense, just do this:
clouddnsnet.jpg

Last edited:
NSI, while the legacy registrar, is the worst by nearly all measures, they only just recently added (weak) multifactor authentication for account changes.
these domains been around forever and NSI was only registrar at the time
just to day i tried to authenticate the email on the account which it already should of been and put in the code they sent using ms edge it wouldn't work. i had to use chrome.

these domains been around forever and NSI was only registrar at the time
just to day i tried to authenticate the email on the account which it already should of been and put in the code they sent using ms edge it wouldn't work. i had to use chrome.
I've got domains sitting at NSI which have been there since back when domains were free :)

I should change registrars (already moved the nameservers), but need a registrar who won't cave to bogus trademark claims and deplatforming.

If you're not using Porkbun.com for registration, you're doing it wrong.

They're inexpensive, no bullshit, decent UI, etc.

I should change registrars (already moved the nameservers), but need a registrar who won't cave to bogus trademark claims and deplatforming.
that's how i noticed the change. i only have two name servers/hosting companies that i use, what's this third one.

and deplatforming:
If you're not using Porkbun.com for registration, you're doing it wrong.

They're inexpensive, no bullshit, decent UI, etc.
not sure who they are, but will look at it,

can you trust anybody? isp just will pull your ip number and connection.

not sure who they [porkbun] are, but will look at it,

I used NetworkSolutions until they got too expensive and started to suck. Then I used Godaddy, until they got too expensive and started to suck (and actively assisted the theft of their customers' domains). Then I used Gandi.net, until they got bought and started to suck and their prices spiked up.

I moved all my domains to Porkbun based on price, ease of use, and their "you own your stuff" policy.

can you trust anybody? isp just will pull your ip number and connection.

That's not a registrar problem, unless you're using your registrar as web/email host. (I don't)

I can't afford to own a registrar
how many registrars are there? Not to many i would expect.
There are 2,815 domain name registrars accredited with ICANN. To become a registrar, pay the $3,500 application fee, and then around $5K/year for accreditation and mandatory liability insurance.
What would you need to do to guaranty you are heard/seen/online?
need to have 2 registrars one US one not US??? have a mirror? Not possible?
Any given domain (e.g. ar15.com) can only have one registrar.

A registrar can make it very difficult to move your domain to a different registrar, or even transfer it to somebody else (by following a court order, or because somebody who wanted it more bribed them).

You could additionally register a backup domain at a different registrar and a different top-level-domain (TLD) like ar15.xyz, but your users would need to know the fallback rally point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom