If Trump were to be elected, what actions could he take to support the Second Amendment (2A)?

Guys, Brandon Herrera isn’t going to be President; he’s probably not even going to be the TX23 rep. The best we can hope for is someone that isn’t actively anti-2A.

Trump is not a “gun guy,” temper expectations accordingly. Worse (on 2A) than Obama? Cut the shit already.

Don’t make me go all M1911 on you guys!

Last edited:
I have always said the only thing Trump did (right) was his court appointees.

Nah, be fair. He did plenty of other good things (though the courts were his best, and they were all I expected out of him). Objectively, though he wasn't the greatest president ever, he was definitely above average. That office has had a lot of worthless POSs in it over the decades. Trump wasn't that bad. He wasn't perfect, but his successor is now showing the world that maybe "experience" and "decency" aren't enough to make up for "incompetence," still less "senility."

I have always said the only thing Trump did (right) was his court appointees.

In the grand scheme of things, most Presidents do very little that can not be undone by a future POTUS or Congress, but the right court appointees, especially SCOTUS are effective in shaping the direction of the country for decades and for years after that so long as their rulings stand.
(See Roe v Wade)

but that being said, we had a Republican President and for the first 2 years of his presidency a Republican controlled congress.

He could have asked someone to introduce just one piece of legislation to help the 2A community and we got squat.

His administration gave us the Bump Stock ban.

Now I think they are gimicky, and I'd never own one because I like precision in the placement of my shots, but it is still IMHO an infringement of my rights to ban them and he allowed it to happen on his watch

I know we are better off having had Trump for those four years, and in the long run we who lean conservative are better off, but I still would have liked to have been tossed a bone from the desk of the President in the way of a signed piece of pro 2A legislation
Low unemployment, low inflation, no government woke bullshit didn't work for you?

But can he reverse those laws ? Or would he?
if enacted by Executive Order any President can repeal them ( or a Court can void them on Constitutional grounds if someone files a challenge)

If by legislation the 2 options are a challenge in the courts on Constitutional grounds, or Congress repeals the law

Nah, be fair. He did plenty of other good things (though the courts were his best, and they were all I expected out of him). Objectively, though he wasn't the greatest president ever, he was definitely above average. That office has had a lot of worthless POSs in it over the decades. Trump wasn't that bad. He wasn't perfect, but his successor is now showing the world that maybe "experience" and "decency" aren't enough to make up for "incompetence," still less "senility."
It's all clear now, all in focus, a straight forward decision if there ever was one.

1. Elect Biden for another 4 year term.

2. Re-Elect Trump for another 4 year term.

Any further discussion over other candidates, Biden's positions, Trump's positions is Superfluous Bullshit.

Need to get him into office first and make it to the elections....
Dems will be pulling out all the stops
The open borders....

View: https://x.com/1strespondermed/status/1748867959546872271?s=20

Have factions of every Terrorist Group and Violent Gang in the world here now
And with all the Illegal Service aged men crossing, Probably have enough for small standing army

Need to get him into office first and make it to the elections....
Dems will be pulling out all the stops
The open borders....

View: https://x.com/1strespondermed/status/1748867959546872271?s=20

Have factions of every Terrorist Group and Violent Gang in the world here now
And with all the Illegal Service aged men crossing, Probably have enough for small standing army

Agreed. But deep down I know it won't be easy and Trump is no shoe-in. The Democrats and the Media will launch a full scorched earth attack on Trump and MAGA during the summer.

It's all clear now, all in focus, a straight forward decision if there ever was one.

1. Elect Biden for another 4 year term.

2. Re-Elect Trump for another 4 year term.

Any further discussion over other candidates, Biden's positions, Trump's positions is Superfluous Bullshit.

Yep. The hypotheticals no longer matter.

"My principles are important to me. I'll only vote for a pure conservative."
"What if we could get a president who'd repeal all gun control?"
"My vote, my choice. I'm going Libertarian."

Yeah, no. This is either four years of Trump or four of Biden (if he survives). The only upside to a Biden second term is for civics nerds like me, because the possibility of another presidential resignation or a 25A or a death-in-office are interesting. And that's no upside, really.

Low unemployment, low inflation, no government woke bullshit didn't work for you?
the economy is rarely effected by a President's policy, it chugs along on its own, especially in a global economy.

The Fed has more impact on the economy by controlling interest rates and loaning money to banks .

T bond rates are determined by investors and there are consumer loan products that have interest rates tied to T bill and Fed rates. Mortgages in particular are closely tied to the 10 year T rate.

Inflation is also tied to oil prices and those are 100% market driven, during Trumps administration China and India were in recession and demanding less oil, e price per barrel plummeted, everything derived from Crude oil benefited.

Inflation is also caused by the Federal Government printing money, and during the Trump administration they were printing money as fast as the presses could run. Trump raised the National Debt almost as much in 4 years as Obama did in 8. At the end of his term the national debt went up exponentially as he throwing dollars at COVID in an attempt to keep the economy from crashing. Personally a recession would have been preferable to the additional 8 trillion or so his administration added to the national debt, and I would also add the 9 Billion or so Obama added to the debt during his recession. We are nearing the point our national debt is unsustainable and a huge part of our tax collections are going to debt service. We are going to be the next Greece.

Post war recessions are almost always felt in the term of the next President, ask Jimmy Carter, the economy tanked in his term mostly on the effects of the post Vietnam war recession and OPEC raising oil prices.

the economy is rarely effected by a President's policy, it chugs along on its own, especially in a global economy.

The Fed has more impact on the economy by controlling interest rates and loaning money to banks .

T bond rates are determined by investors and there are consumer loan products that have interest rates tied to T bill and Fed rates. Mortgages in particular are closely tied to the 10 year T rate.

Inflation is also tied to oil prices and those are 100% market driven, during Trumps administration China and India were in recession and demanding less oil, e price per barrel plummeted, everything derived from Crude oil benefited.

Inflation is also caused by the Federal Government printing money, and during the Trump administration they were printing money as fast as the presses could run. Trump raised the National Debt almost as much in 4 years as Obama did in 8. At the end of his term the national debt went up exponentially as he throwing dollars at COVID in an attempt to keep the economy from crashing. Personally a recession would have been preferable to the additional 8 trillion or so his administration added to the national debt, and I would also add the 9 Billion or so Obama added to the debt during his recession. We are nearing the point our national debt is unsustainable and a huge part of our tax collections are going to debt service. We are going to be the next Greece.

Post war recessions are almost always felt in the term of the next President, ask Jimmy Carter, the economy tanked in his term mostly on the effects of the post Vietnam war recession and OPEC raising oil prices.

Lol. A lot of that is true, but it also doesn't matter in the here-and-now.

Vote for Trump or vote for Biden. Those are the only choices. If you think Biden's a better bet for your rights, the nation's strength, and the world's stability, go for it. You'd seem to be in good company, as unfathomable as that is to me.

I'm not amazed that a lot of people voted for Biden in 2020. Trump made it hard to pull the lever for some people, and at that time Biden was just an experienced guy who'd waited his turn. "How bad could he possibly be?" Well, now we know the answer to that, and anyone who thinks he's earned a second term on the merits is not a person I can understand.

Hold your nose and vote for your own interests.

If 2A and stopping illegal immigration, controlling the border, and similar issues are your thing, you only have one choice. If you like Trump or not he is your (my, our) only choice.

But Trump, IF he wins is going in as a lame duck, and if he does not get some help in the form of a Republican congress without RINO's he is not going to be effective at getting those reforms enacted. He can only do so much by Executive Order and anything that involves spending money has to originate in the House of Representatives as a bill. Sure lets send "them" all back home, where are the funds to do it?

I'm willing to risk a second Trump presidency, hoping that he has a strong VP who can run in 2028 or the Republican party finds a strong candidate that can win in 2028 and hold the office for 8 years, because we need 12 years of Conservative Presidents AND a supportive congress to reverse the losses of the last 4 years AND make sure to SCOTUS appointees in the next 12 years are constitutionalists and not activist Judges

Post war recessions are almost always felt in the term of the next President, ask Jimmy Carter, the economy tanked in his term mostly on the effects of the post Vietnam war recession and OPEC raising oil prices

Vote for Trump or vote for Biden. Those are the only choices. If you think Biden's a better bet for your rights, the nation's strength, and the world's stability, go for it. You'd seem to be in good company, as unfathomable as that is to me.

I'm not amazed that a lot of people voted for Biden in 2020. Trump made it hard to pull the lever for some people, and at that time Biden was just an experienced guy who'd waited his turn. "How bad could he possibly be?" Well, now we know the answer to that, and anyone who thinks he's earned a second term on the merits is not a person I can understand.
Your right
Shutting down the XL pipeline
Reversing trumps stay in mexico policy
Open border's
Afghanistan disaster
Pushing ESG, DEI agendas
Unrestricted spending
Stopping Gun and ammo sales
Just the start
How many executive orders did he sign the first day in office ?
Yeah Presidents policy's does not matter

He already did. He put 3 justices on the SCOTUS. Had Hillary won her 3 would have taken your 2A rights away. Bruen, which I consider more important than Heller, WOULD have been 6-3 against.

You want to support the 2A, join every 2A rights organization you can and stop voting for Democrats.
In that case,NO. 5-2

That's more a statement of the federalist society than it is of Trump since Trump just operated from a list that was given to him by FedSoc. He even said this on the campaign trail in 2016 and said who he would nominate. He just got extremely extremely lucky that RBG shuffled loose the mortal coil and he could get Barrett on the court to replace liberal Ginsburg. It was a magic moment in time where the nuclear option was in play thanks to the democrats and there was a whole giant bench full of positions to fill.

It doesn't matter how it happened; it happened! It's also not a secret that the last 2 Republican presidents relied on the Federal Society list of judges while the Dems relied on the ABA list.

The Federalist Society for Law and Public Policy Studies (FedSoc) is an American conservative and libertarian legal organization that advocates for a textualist and originalist interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.

Guys, Brandon Herrera isn’t going to be President; he’s probably not even going to be the TX23 rep. The best we can hope for is someone that isn’t actively anti-2A.

Trump is not a “gun guy,” temper expectations accordingly. Worse (on 2A) than Obama? Cut the shit already.

Don’t make me go all M1911 on you guys!
I love all the Trump did nothing for me for guns.....what did Biden do for you?....yeah...10X worse...... weaponized the AFT, let them run roughshod and make their own rules and have to get slapped by the SC multiple times.

My question is.......... Who are you retards gonna vote if you don't vote for Trump? You gonna throw Vivek in there or maybe your Krispy Kreme fan.....might as well...waste your vote.

Trump kept the Supreme Court at least somewhat pro gun. Imagine if the Supreme Court flips...what do we have. That's what could happen if Dems get in again.

Besides.....you guys give a shit what Trump cares about guns......one thing he will not do is go all out of his way to weaponize three letter agencies against us.

Id worry about what Trump did do right about illegals........which are basically invading the country right now and will be used as pawns against us either thru bankrupting the taxpayers or just full on soldiers to sway voting forever...and to quash free speech or worse be used as real soldiers via the Pols promises.

That is the most important thing right now. Bitching about Trump not supporting guns perfectly while the country is going down the crapper.....who cares.

This.....if i remember correctly .com bust came about the same time Slick WIlly was shooting his wad on Monica's dress..... around March 2000, and Bush inherited it......the recession, not the dress.......... and the Great recession of 08 at the end of Bush's last term...into Obama's first year.

My guess is Trump will see possibly the same thing if he gets in, maybe worse because the debt load is so high and everything smells to me like real estate is bubble and stocks are bubble......

Yeah, no. This is either four years of Trump or four of Biden (if he survives). The only upside to a Biden second term is for civics nerds like me, because the possibility of another presidential resignation or a 25A or a death-in-office are interesting. And that's no upside, really.
Libertarians are not Conservatives.

Hold your nose and vote for your own interests.

If 2A and stopping illegal immigration, controlling the border, and similar issues are your thing, you only have one choice. If you like Trump or not he is your (my, our) only choice.

But Trump, IF he wins is going in as a lame duck, and if he does not get some help in the form of a Republican congress without RINO's he is not going to be effective at getting those reforms enacted. He can only do so much by Executive Order and anything that involves spending money has to originate in the House of Representatives as a bill. Sure lets send "them" all back home, where are the funds to do it?

I'm willing to risk a second Trump presidency, hoping that he has a strong VP who can run in 2028 or the Republican party finds a strong candidate that can win in 2028 and hold the office for 8 years, because we need 12 years of Conservative Presidents AND a supportive congress to reverse the losses of the last 4 years AND make sure to SCOTUS appointees in the next 12 years are constitutionalists and not activist Judges
If Biden wins he's a lame duck, what's your point?

Biden gave us the largest rise in inflation in 40 years, he had nothing to do with that?

You guys should have given Ramaswamy a chance. He was the only candidate who promised to dismantle the ATF and bring America back to the true to the letter spirit of the 2A. I was looking forward to buying a rack of suppressed HK MP7s. Oh well.

Did you vote for the drunk, wife beating, Liberal gun grabber in 2016?

I have many complaints about Trump: not pardoning Snowden and Assange, not firing Fauci, reckless spending…but guns? Not even a top 10 complaint.

I don’t know who here voted for Biden, but…

3370E5DE-24AC-4174-9798-AFDBF7A2D5DA.jpeg

You guys should have given Ramaswamy a chance. He was the only candidate who promised to dismantle the ATF and bring America back to the true to the letter spirit of the 2A. I was looking forward to buying a rack of suppressed HK MP7s. Oh well.

You're not thinking straight. Nobody who advocates for total repeal of gun control is going to get the support of the establishment. Ever. They like power too much. Ramaswamy was never a real possibility; he'd have been too much of a threat to the Swamp.

Did you vote for the drunk, wife beating, Liberal gun grabber in 2016?

Um, no?

I think I'm very clear in this thread. Voting for Biden over Trump is a stupid thing to do. If you care about gun rights, it was always stupid. But even if you don't care about gun rights, it's stupid now. Biden's demonstrated incompetence is clear, even to true believers. I know a lot of liberals; none of them likes him.

They'll all vote for him because he's got a D beside his name, but then we'd do much the same thing.

Biden gave us the largest rise in inflation in 40 years, he had nothing to do with that?
I'm not defending Biden

The American Rescue Plan of 2021 was his doing and there is no denying that caused inflation, but Trump also spent like a mad man when COVID hit and started tanking the economy, he could not throw dollars at the problems fast enough

The rise in the inflation rate has been attributed to many factors. The US response to the COVID-19 pandemic included a series of federal initiatives, notably the CARES Act and the American Rescue Plan, which collectively authorized roughly $5 trillion in government spending. These programs contributed to strong consumer and business demand, which tightened labor markets.... causing demands for increases in wages, that caused the price of goods and services to rise, and consequently cause inflation because for a long time wages were stagnant and that contributed to a long term of low inflation ( below 2%)

Why is oil up? Because the default currency for oil transactions has historically been USD, and when inflation comes along, the USD is worth less so oil producing countriess want more of them to pay for their product. Strong dollar, low oil. Weak dollar rising oil prices.

You can also add to that speculation in futures markets, any real or perceived threat to the disruption of oil producing or transportation in the Middle East, and if other major economies are in a boom or a recession

China and India in a recession benefits us as there is now a glut of oil, and low oil prices keeps prices down

India is bouncing back, China is ehhhh hard to tell, but when we are competing against them in a good economy for the oil that OPEC and others are producing we pay more

Add to that Russian oil is heavily sanctioned so that oil is unavailable also contributes to higher costs and inflation.

I'm not defending Biden

The American Rescue Plan of 2021 was his doing and there is no denying that caused inflation, but Trump also spent like a mad man when COVID hit and started tanking the economy, he could not throw dollars at the problems fast enough

The rise in the inflation rate has been attributed to many factors. The US response to the COVID-19 pandemic included a series of federal initiatives, notably the CARES Act and the American Rescue Plan, which collectively authorized roughly $5 trillion in government spending. These programs contributed to strong consumer and business demand, which tightened labor markets.... causing demands for increases in wages, that caused the price of goods and services to rise, and consequently cause inflation because for a long time wages were stagnant and that contributed to a long term of low inflation ( below 2%)

Why is oil up? Because the default currency for oil transactions has historically been USD, and when inflation comes along, the USD is worth less so oil producing countriess want more of them to pay for their product. Strong dollar, low oil. Weak dollar rising oil prices.

You can also add to that speculation in futures markets, any real or perceived threat to the disruption of oil producing or transportation in the Middle East, and if other major economies are in a boom or a recession

China and India in a recession benefits us as there is now a glut of oil, and low oil prices keeps prices down

India is bouncing back, China is ehhhh hard to tell, but when we are competing against them in a good economy for the oil that OPEC and others are producing we pay more

Add to that Russian oil is heavily sanctioned so that oil is unavailable also contributes to higher costs and inflation.
I like the logic
But biden shut down our pipeline and gave the ok to Russia
Still like to find out who blew up the norsestream pipeline
When Trump left office we where #1 in the energy sector and started exporting, Then the B came in and shut everything down
Even maura gloats about stopping the gas pipeline into mass
Then you have blackrock pushing the esg agenda so no loans to gas-oil exploration, Banks and insurance co trying shut down the gun industry
Shutting down coal plants
And if thats not the cherry on top
They want to take down the 3 hydro electric dams to save the salmon
Now you have the Houthi's pushing up prices because ships are now going around
Now if you excuse me I'm going back my dream with Dawn Wells, Barbara Eden and Cassandra Peterson

Back
Top Bottom