If you're going to write about guns, get it right!

MAGAZINE: Removable part of a pistol which holds cartridges in such a way as to facilitate the chambering of these cartridges during operational functioning.

does it have to be removable? I alway thought that when I was loading my SKS with a clip (stripper clip), the cartridges were being loaded into a magazine. But, what I thought was a magazine on my SKS isn't removable without disassembling major components.

Maybe he's only talking about handguns, but even if that is the case, isn't a cylinder on a revolver a magazine?

Set me straight.

does it have to be removable? I alway thought that when I was loading my SKS with a clip (stripper clip), the cartridges were being loaded into a magazine. But, what I thought was a magazine on my SKS isn't removable without disassembling major components.

Magazines do not have to be removeable, nor are they limited to handguns. Ask any Garand owner.

Maybe he's only talking about handguns, but even if that is the case, isn't a cylinder on a revolver a magazine?

Set me straight.

NO, a cylinder is not a magazine. A magazine, regardless of the type of gun, feeds cartridges or shells into the chamber. In a revolver, the chambers of the cylinder ARE the receivers.

NO, a cylinder is not a magazine. A magazine, regardless of the type of gun, feeds cartridges or shells into the chamber. In a revolver, the chambers of the cylinder ARE the receivers.

Thank you for that reasoning, I hadn't thought of it that way, although it is obviously the case.

Note also that this fellow equates "pistol" with "auto." Actually, any handgun that isn't a revolver is a pistol. E.g., Contenders.

Back
Top Bottom