I'm new here, but I may be leaving

Hello all, I am new here, and I am interested in getting involved with competition shooting. But here's the deal; I am from western NY, half way between Rochester and Buffalo. While the forum is titled North East Shooters, it seems to be more New England based so I may be in the wrong place. If anybody here knows a more appropriate website for my region please inform me.

Thanks!

Jack

There's no place any place quite like this place, so this must be the place.

Welcome. Come on in and participate.

Although a majority of this forum consists of New England folk, NY is certainly represented here. There's even a NY Gun Laws sub-forum. NES, where all oppressed gun owners go to seek comfort.

Welcome. There are members from throughout the world who frequent the board. I can't think of a better location to park your motherboard. Give it a chance, you might like it.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

Hello all, I am new here, and I am interested in getting involved with competition shooting. But here's the deal; I am from western NY, half way between Rochester and Buffalo. While the forum is titled North East Shooters, it seems to be more New England based so I may be in the wrong place. If anybody here knows a more appropriate website for my region please inform me.

Thanks!

Jack

Welcome aboard, Jack.

What type of competition? USPSA is well represented in Western NY.

Check out http://www.uspsa7.org/els/

Pathfinder might be the closest club.

Thank you all for the "warm" welcome. What type of shooting, one post asks, I am unfamiliar with the different types and acronyms, but in my terms, rifle shooting, target shooting, and bow as well but thats a whole nother deal. Afriend said I would like 3 gun, but I dont have a permit or a pistol, permit required in NY. Bottom line is that I don't even know where to start. I don't consider myself to be the worlds greatest shot, I'm just ok, and I know it! But I do think it would be fun and I could build and learn some new skills as well as make some new friends who are also interested in shooting. That's my goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Great, Thanks!!

That doesn't mean you have to leave... it's warm here and we have cookies [grin]

Get in the van.
free+candy+van.jpeg

Well I tried to delete a duplicate post, but I can only edit it, so this is the edited version!

Last edited:
I moved this to a more appropriate forum.

Ruger 556, the forum is weighted towards New England but you'll find some company, based on misery, especially among the people from MA and CT. We've even got a regular member here from Germany.

I moved this to a more appropriate forum.

Ruger 556, the forum is weighted towards New England but you'll find some company, based on misery, especially among the people from MA and CT. We've even got a regular member here from Germany.

A truer statement hasn't been made here (well, at least in the last hr or so I've been surfing the forum). You have Cuomo, we Have Do-nothing-Deval... it's practically the same state, just a few hrs west... and 3rnds short (sorry, had to toss that zing in).

Welcome Aboard!

If you've never shot a match before and don't have a pistol permit or pistol that's gonna be a problem In the near future. Go get said permit and get a Glock 17 or Glock 34. Go to make ready pro shop and order some blade tech mag pouches and a holster also from blade tech. Next go shoot an IDPA USPSA or steel challenge match with the new pistols to get your fewer wet. It will also pass the time as you're saving for an AR15 and a shotgun for 3 gun. Holler anytime you need help.

Good luck!

Last edited:
When I lived in NY, some of the USPSA matches would let you shoot a pistol caliber carbine during the match. Not sure if they will allow that out there

Back
Top Bottom