i'm really liking those new snake guns more and more that KAG is showing.

greencobra

NES Member
the prices are really attractive also, makes me wish i wasn't on the shady side of death or i'd look into getting one. the anaconda .44 always appealed to me but as i aged and got wiser it'd have to be a python to start with. colt is trying to do a good job with them. i think they succeeded. am i right?

Couldn't tell you. Revolvers never really appealed to me. I'd rather have a 10mm or .50 AE over a .44 or a .500.

I'd buy a box of .45 Long Colt to feed my friend's 460, but not the money on the revolver itself.

I want one of those 4" models. Sure, I'd love to have a classic model, but those prices are nuts and the new ones look fine for 1/3 the price. besides, I want a shooter, not a safe queen. I've heard a range of things about quality as you'd expect, but I think they've been straightening things out of late.

Colts are defiantly pretty but I've always went with S&W for D/A. The ergonomics and operations are more intuitive to me. Mine are all before the rash of let the public QC our product. When it comes to revolvers, what I really like the most by style are Peacemakers. Whether it's a colt gen 2 or the modern variants like Vaqueros, there's just something about them maybe the form, function, balance whatever but for enjoyment in my case it's a six gun.

Colts are defiantly pretty but I've always went with S&W for D/A. The ergonomics and operations are more intuitive to me. Mine are all before the rash of let the public QC our product. When it comes to revolvers, what I really like the most by style are Peacemakers. Whether it's a colt gen 2 or the modern variants like Vaqueros, there's just something about them maybe the form, function, balance whatever but for enjoyment in my case it's a six gun.
I have a 1970s made ruger blackhawk on 357 mag and quickly became a pistol I always toss in my bag when heading to the range. Just a pleasure to shoot. As far as functionality.......yeah it's not something I'd call a "defensive" use gun but for range use and even hubting where legal its a great tool. Accurate as hell even out to 100 yards.

I bought one of the Python's last year, only put 100 rounds of very light 357's thru it, more like 38's in a 357 case but no issues. To Me, the trigger is excellent for a production revolver, better than anything S&W is putting out now. A King Cobra or Anaconda may be in my future.

the cylinder is 1⅞" (1.875") long and your average 44M bullet is around 1.6"

Pretty sure it's designed for the 300+gn projectiles. Buffalo makes some crazy ass
340gn +P+ that it fits.

On the Model69, remember that it's an L frame and is limited to 5 rounds. You *can*
shoot full-house but you don't *want* to (well, more than a couple, maybe).

Last edited:
I scratched the itch and bought an 8" Anaconda from KAG. Very pleased. Ended up installing a green fiber optic sight from wilson combat. The trigger is not great so I'm in line at Heffron Precision for a master trigger job--scheduled July 2025, lol.

Back
Top Bottom