Im seriously frustrated with being a wuss with a rifle...

QB you can get creative and buy some material like this Toughtek Neoprene non-slip fabric - Mini-Pique Texture cut and shape to fit your shoulder area use fabric glue or sew on....in the end it seems its just your wearing the wrong cloths for shooting a steel or ridgid plastic butt plate.
Quickest solution is one of these
Basics Cloth Shooting Coat. - Creedmoor Cloth Coats - World Famous Shooting Coats | Creedmoor Sports or these 10x jackets they are light weight and tough as nails. The one I got from a old shooter retired it in 1982! You can find them in many sizes if you look. Then there's the marine Corp jackets Military Logistics Mfg : Shooting Jacket

10x jacket http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...D600%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&sa=X&ved=0CDIQrQMwAw

IMO, it's almost certainly a technique issue, you need to have someone give you some instruction, so you can enjoy shooting. Certainly, a carbine gas system in a lightweight AR has a touch of recall, but there are literally, tiny 75lb, 10 year old girls that shoot these rifles.

Have an expert give you some tips.

Will do, thank you all for the help. I will try getting 3 things

1 . Should i get the tapco or rifle dynamics ak to ar stock adapter? I figure a magpul stock with rubber but pad plus the limbsaver on it would help?

2. Try shooting it with a jacket on, which in this heat will be a pain in the A**

3. Look for some great NES'rs to help me shoot rifle. Referably one who knows ak's well.

I feel bad that i told casey it was his and i dont like flaking out on a trade once it has been made. He understands though its my first rifle and im hesitant . I can always sell it later if all 3 things dont help .

Do not listen to these guys. Protect your health and stop shooting center fire rifles. I will gladly take those rifles off your hands. It's "for the chilren"

Will do, thank you all for the help. I will try getting 3 things

3. Look for some great NES'rs to help me shoot rifle. Referably one who knows ak's well.

I'm sure some one will take you up on this up on this.

My wife shoots my AK without issue and she's tiny. If the stock is not snug against your shoulder and in the right spot, that alone will cause issues.

It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you may be holding the rifle too far out (i.e. on your anterior delt instead of closer/on your pec).

Again, I'ms sure someone of the board can fix this pretty quick in person.

Last edited:
I dont belong to a club . Usually drift around at friends clubs be it sturbridge , harvard sometimes , or american firearms school

Slap one of these onto the butt plate and call it good:

KOTEX_liners.jpg

Dumb question, are you really pulling the buttstock into your shoulder and not letting it slam back against you?

If so, a padded shooting shirt along with a buttstock pad could go a long way/ Also, on the AR, a heavier buffer "might" help ease the recoil as well.

Another vote for the limb saver.
My wife couldn't take the hits from the 12 gauge.
Put a limb saver on it and got her a trap vest (better than a jacket in the heat)
The combo of the two made it comfortable.
You could also tack a second light pad on the inside of the vest to add more protection.
The limb saver also adds an inch or two to the length of pull.

No lol i pulled the shirt arm up so you could see it lol

- - - Updated - - -

K i can go to bass pro tomorrow and see if they have some stock pad that will fit
This looks interesting
Beartooth? Recoil Pad Kits

I get the red marks too. Figured the reason you were concerned is, when you wear sleeveless shirts your shooters shoulder shows. Be proud of your broken blood vessels - flaunt them.

- - - Updated - - -

Slap one of these onto the butt plate and call it good:

KOTEX_liners.jpg

beat me to it! - perfect size, very discreet.

I guess one thing I would add is to make sure you shoulder the rifle properly. Rally tuck it into your shoulder. Don't shoulder it loosey goosey. That will cause the rifle to slam back into your shoulder.

This

When we go shooting Queen Bee, I'll gladly take the rifle off your hands and give you my 10/22 or something [laugh]

Seriously, dig that rifle butt into your shoulder. I have barely any padding either, but even the steel plate Mosin isn't a big deal anymore. Adapt!

This

When we go shooting Queen Bee, I'll gladly take the rifle off your hands and give you my 10/22 or something [laugh]

Seriously, dig that rifle butt into your shoulder. I have barely any padding either, but even the steel plate Mosin isn't a big deal anymore. Adapt!

Should come with me and al you can try out a bunch of fun stuff we bring .

Couple of questions...

1) do you hold the butt tight to your shoulder? You can actually cause more pain with it loosely tucked than when it is pulled in tight.

2) what kind of butt does your rifle have? A2 steel waffle pattern, plastic, rubber, etc?

Another option is a light shooting coat like the Marine shooting jacket.

943368_10151450348561317_1609288827_n.png

Padded shoulder as well as arm pads for prone. Shooting the Beowulf in a T-shirt, I've had bruising, but never with this on.

Yup i was holding the ak74 tight against me.

I would try an AR-15 again but i dont have one . Maybe i'll rent one at AFS

Well if you shoot at AFS, Mansfield F&G isn't that far away. My offer stands, you can try my AR15s (one pre-ban/collapsible stock, one post-ban A2 full stock) or an SAR-1 (Romanian AK) and you can use the Limbsaver. Only cost will be ammo that you supply. I'm no expert rifle shooter but might be able to help.

Well if you shoot at AFS, Mansfield F&G isn't that far away. My offer stands, you can try my AR15s (one pre-ban/collapsible stock, one post-ban A2 full stock) or an SAR-1 (Romanian AK) and you can use the Limbsaver. Only cost will be ammo that you supply. I'm no expert rifle shooter but might be able to help.

I would love to, and i get to see a forum celeb:)

im wondering the type of stock that you have on the current AK, ive got a tantal with the wire style and i have contemplated extending the wire with some cool welder fab to make it more comfortable for me at 6' as im not too enthused about the high and tight holding style. have you checked out any of the AK specific forums like theakforum.net.

i have a tough time seeing my shoulders get beat up by a 74, though as i can hammer thru 12ga rounds without leaving a mark. you sure do appear to be built like a twig, so work on form with some 1on1 lessons, and eat a few hamburgers and go to the gym, and start working with a buttstock pad/padded jacket and dont give up. keep telling yourself that the kick isnt bad and that you will get past the trouble!

Going to prob buy the rifle dynamics ak to ar stock conversion , and get a wide magpul stock , preferably one that can have a limbsaver on it

Back
Top Bottom