"Improved" Guns shear pin

It seems that there's a company trying to replace the trigger lock with a shear pin that would prevent children from causing a ND.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/04/26/gun-improvements-handgun-safety-shear-pin/

7036258_passive_safety_blockpdf_page_5_of_9-tm-tfb.jpg

glock-tfb.jpg

This kinda pisses me off.... I mean, I guess the intent is well meaning but how about the alternative of teaching your children the rules about gun safety and you being an responsible gun owner and keeping your firearms properly stored? I've got two small kids at home and you're dam straight there's a bedside gun safe in my bedroom and everything else is kept locked up.

So when an intruder breaks down your door instead of grabbing your keys and unlocking your gun, now we have to go find a special little allen key with the tip shaped like a diamond and crank this screw out of the firearm before it can be used to ward off a threat?

No thanks...

I agree with you Karl, the way to prevent disasters is through education.

So when an intruder breaks down your door instead of grabbing your keys and unlocking your gun, now we have to go find a special little allen key with the tip shaped like a diamond and crank this screw out of the firearm before it can be used to ward off a threat?

No thanks...

I agree with you Karl, the way to prevent disasters is through education.

You missed the point of the product.

If you squeeze the trigger with enough force the pin will shear and you will be able to fire the gun as usual. You'd probably just throw away the first round because the trigger pull will be interupted with a heavy press to shear the pin. If you are lucky the trigger won't get hung up on the stub left behind during reset.

I can't decide which is worse: the 15 pound pull on the first shot that makes you jerk the trigger and miss, or the little piece of shear pin that can get caught in the action so you can't shoot twice.

I admit I just looked at the pic if the glock then posted, so disregard what I had posted there.

I wouldn't think it would satisfy MA law anyways as an "unauthorized" person could still access it unless it's in a safe. But if it were locked up you wouldn't need this.

As intelligent, educated, firearms aware people that we are, we are taught to train with what we will use in defensive situations. Could you imagine having to remove a shear pin from the frame every time you wanted to take your gun out to the range? Look at the picture of the 1911.... how is that supposed to be removed?

pin_lock-tfb.jpg

When you buy a gun for home or self defense you don't just load it and stick it in a drawer and never touch it until you need it.

As a consumer, I would much rather gun companies adopted a concept like the shear pin, that can be removed by simply pulling the trigger

Hmmm, a "safety" device that is meant to be defeated by pulling the trigger......................am I missing something?

Don't worry, there's no way a child could fire that gun; unless of course they were trying REALLY hard. [banghead]

Back
Top Bottom