In Praise of Mouse Guns

8thring

Banned
For the purpose and need to be sneaky these days from undue searches and surveillance I am starting a thread pertaining to all unnoticeable guns and holsters. I have recently been buying these and feel shot placement counts over stopping power. If you have ever been shot in the butt with a bb gun: it hurts like hell!
I have a CWP for Ma., Ct., and N.H. and carry regularly. With thes guns I have successfully passed through many forms of inept security [not counting metal detectors].
My battery consists of :

1.NAA Mini, 22 magnum loaded with CCI Hi. Velocity concealed in a pocket or klydex neck chain Holster
2. Seecamp .32 loaded with Gold Dot Hollow Points: concealed in a Desantis Stinger or IWB
Pop up Holster
3. S&W 317 aluminum 8 shot 22 loaded with stingers concealed in pocket or IWB Holsters
4. Various S&W TiLite and air weight J Frames in high rise holsters loaded with 38 +P.
5. Walther PPK loaded with .380 silvertips or Fiocchi Hollow Points. Concealed in a
IWB or Falco Shoulder Holster. Falco makes great holsters; half the price of Galco or others and better made.
6. Glock 26 loaded with silvertips carried in a Klydex Predator IWB [small of back], high rise or pocket holsters
7. Norinco tokarev in 7.62 x 25. not exactly a mouse gun, but it is wicked thin [no wider than my Seecamp]. conceals perfectly in a IWB or High Rise Holser. 9 round capacity: the 7.62 tokarev FMJ round will pierce certain levels of body armour With hollowpoints it has the knockdown power of a .357 mag. and will outshoot the FN 5.7. Ugly Commie gun but it works everytime: I love them. Got one NIB with 3 mags for $230

Have a year round collection of vests, square bottomed no tuck in sport shirts, and pullovers. Baggy Cargo Shorts and pleated pants are great for concealment.

Always use high quality holsters for these guns could get lost without you noticing them missing.
If this happens; your in deep shit if the gun found and turned in.

Carry extra ammo. My rule is 20 rounds in spare clips, speedloaders or other means.
Always have the gun on you: security can and will search your bags, purse, carry on etc. but they cannot put thier hands on you.

When packing also include a can of pepper spray on your person. It solves many problems that you could get screwed for in ma. by brandishing a weapon. I have harboured many an urge to pull a 'Pulp Fiction" over some confrontation in traffic. If the clown is dumb enough to get out of his vehicle, stay in yours and use the spray. I keep two cans: one myself and one in the car at all times.
[shocked] [wink] [smile] [grin]

Last edited:
colt pony

when and if you find one it will be $$$$$$$$. i have seen them ,at times, at four seasons for $700
Seecamp .32 with hot ammo is almost equal. i love mine.
i got a buy[rolleyes] : $425

I used to have a Seecamp .32, and got rid of it after I
discovered it needed a death grip (at least in my hands) to
function reliably. I also had an AMT BACK-UP DAO 380
and ended up getting rid of that, too heavy and no parts
availiable for it.

If I ever get another small gun again, it will be a Kahr 9mm
or another J-frame. I'm not really enamored with the lack
of reliability in small autos. I might be willing
to try a guardian .380, though, but finding one in this
state is difficult. I might also try one of the newer PPK
.380s out (not the larger PPK/S).

-Mike

seecamp

seecamps are just from me to him quick 1 shot defense guns. mine stings.
i have a S&W PPK that has been worked on; i gave it a quick torture test
of 150 rounds with 3 types of ammo, without cleaning in between. it functioned
perfectly. i would stick with the 38 j frame Tilite, if yow want one defense weapon

I got this from my motherinlaw when her brother died. I am not even sure what it is other than its a Colt .25cal.

Its in rough shape and looks pretty old..Other than that, I have not idea...

IMG]
IMG_0822.jpg
[/IMG]

colt

those old colts are nice. if it does not any much pitting or other erosion it might reblue nicley.

Here's my mouse gun...

Raven003.jpg

Honestly though, I have barely carried it. It goes bang every time, and is unbelievably accurate at up to 20', but I just find it easy enough in the right holster to conceal a mid to large frame auto with only a baggy t-shirt. Add a SmartCarry to the mix, and you can carry whatever you want. Even if you get frisked by security, no one wants to grab someone's junk...

I love my little Seecamp .32 and would be interested in knowing more about the holsters that people use for them. I have a cheap pocket holster, but that's not cutting it for me. What have people actually used and liked?

seecamp Holster

the best or the money, i use the desantis stinger; which carries an extra mag. and the desantis insider the waistband pop up. goeto thier webstite and search under seecamp for holsters; desantis leather. the nice about them is there is no wait ; they usally get your order to you with in 5 days.

Last edited:
Just got an Aker for my Seecamp .32 and love it. Conceals about as good as possible in the back pocket. Looks like a wallet. Also works well in all other pockets. Other great pocket holsters for the Seecamp are Hedley (not currrently taking orders), Graham, and Matt Del Fatti (both long waits). One I have on order is a Kydex from Fist. I've heard good things about them.

I love my Colt Mustang. It is reliable and accurate. I've never had a failure to fire or feed or eject. It's thin and small, and hides easily.

That being said, I've stopped carring it and replaced it with a J frame 640
.357 as I wasn't comfortable with the .380 after seeing an animal control officer try to put down a dog with one.

I figure if it can't take a dog out quick enough, even with pretty good shot placement, then maybe I should carry something a little more powerful...."just in case."

I also Carry a J frame 442 rated for 38+, when I don't want to use a belt holster.

Just got an Aker for my Seecamp .32 and love it. Conceals about as good as possible in the back pocket. Looks like a wallet. Also works well in all other pockets. Other great pocket holsters for the Seecamp are Hedley (not currrently taking orders), Graham, and Matt Del Fatti (both long waits). One I have on order is a Kydex from Fist. I've heard good things about them.

dbhn,
Did you get that from Larry?
How's the quality of that Aker? Stitching solid?
It's on my list as possibles for the 32, for front pocket.
(too bad RJ is not taking orders)

Last edited:
Star Model S

A now-out-of-production slim carry gun is the Star Model S in .380. This looks like a scaled down M1911 except for pivoting trigger and adjustable sights.

Mine is very accurate altho it does shoot 6 inches high at 7 YARDS!! Aim for the chest and hit the throat. It even knocks over steel bowling pins since it hits so high, but I have to be careful to center the shot as the pin head/throat area is so narrow.

This thread makes me want to set up the press and crank out some .380s!

Snowjoker. That Colt is a M1908 IIRC. Made by Colt. Later models were called the Colt Junior and were made in Spain by either Astra or Star.

dbhn,
Did you get that from Larry?
How's the quality of that Aker? Stitching solid?
It's on my list as possibles for the 32, for front pocket.
(too bad RJ is not taking orders)

Yes, I did get if from Larry. Nice functional piece. Not as pretty as RJs as it is rough side out but works great. I've seen them side by side and liked the Aker as it is a little smaller than RJs back pocket. And it's got a LWS logo on it.... I use it in the back pocket. RJs Merlin is perfect for front pocket. Don't have one but tried one out.

I hear you about RJ. I wonder if he will ever official open up again. If he does, he is going to get bombarded with orders. I know I am ordering everything he's got...

Back
Top Bottom