Info on gun show in Manchester, NH.

If you purchase from a dealer, they will make you fill out the forms. Once they whip them out and you explain where you live and the state you are from, they should know if you qualify for whatever you decide to purchase. They won't risk losing their FFL if you are non qualified to own a particular firearm in your state.

I would NEVER, ever count on an FFL knowing the laws of your home state. They have little books/guides they often use, but for example, I would never expect any non-CA FFL to understand their convoluted assault weapons ban, for example. In CA the situation with ARs is somewhat perilous as not all brands of lowers can be imported, among other things. It's a pretty thorny situation legally there.

-Mike

Well, I sure had a nice long drive for nothing.
I got there at 10:30 and the line (never been one before) was backed all the way down the hall.

I don't do lines so I went into the hotel cafe and had breakfast. Came out around 11:15 and the line was even longer. I've never seen anything like it at Manchester and I've been going for years.

So I came home[sad]

I did stop in Bedford and picked up some cigars

I got there at 8am....I was 20th inline or so...great show....tons of stuff I was going nuts...prices were ok..I picked up a ton of ammo.I could not believe the line.I've seen long lines there and in Concord but that was crazy.I was in there for an hour and a half.I left at 10:30...the line was still massive and one guy said hes been in line for almost an hour.

My buddies were in awe and asked me if there was this many people all the time.

There was No shortage of ARs there what so ever...there must of been 200 ARs there or more.
Saiga 12s
WSARs one dealer had 20 NIBs all stacked on the table
Lotta C&R stuff...I grabbed a Romy Tok for a good price..dealer knocked off 20 bucks so it would of been the same price ordering it from SOG.(with paying for handpick and shipping)

I may go back tomorrow...this show was THAT good..and Manch usually stinks.

Last edited:
So I came home[sad]

I did stop in Bedford and picked up some cigars

Did you stop at that cigar shop on Rte 101.... forget what its called... I've been meaning to stop in there every time I come back from Rileys, but I keep blowing past it too fast. [laugh] Hows the selection?

-Mike

I would NEVER, ever count on an FFL knowing the laws of your home state. They have little books/guides they often use, but for example, I would never expect any non-CA FFL to understand their convoluted assault weapons ban, for example. In CA the situation with ARs is somewhat perilous as not all brands of lowers can be imported, among other things. It's a pretty thorny situation legally there.

-Mike

I'm sooooo glad I "live free or DIE!"[grin]

I have never seen a line like that for that show.

Prices where all over the place for different things.

I usually just go for brass, primers (I like certain ones I can't get at Riley's) and powder to save on the hazzmat charge you get hit with for online purchases (well not anymore).

The table I usually get my once fired at, had none (308).

I just left with primers.

Anybody here see the guy selling a russian sks for $250? That is an awsome deal. I exercised amazing restraint otherwise it would have been ramen dinner for 2 weeks.

Did you stop at that cigar shop on Rte 101.... forget what its called... I've been meaning to stop in there every time I come back from Rileys, but I keep blowing past it too fast. [laugh] Hows the selection?

-Mike

That's it. I can't remember the name. I've driven past it for years and never stopped in. Good selection from what I can tell, but I'm always looking for one thing. Cigars have gotten two expensive to experiment for me at least.

Too bad it was all non mass compliant and manchester firing line had all the good stuff and he will not sell anything if you live in mass.

I think I saw maybe 3 rifles listed as MA compliant.

Yeah the Firing line had the best price I've seen on a WASR10 since the election. and his price for GT 7.62 seems reasonable in todays market. BTW have you seen his expanded range shop? He's got some interesting stuff in there.

Glad I didn't go. I have waited in lne for a gunshow once (Concord) and will not do that again. Might head to Manchester tommorrow as I'm sure most hit it today pre-snow. Have to wait and see. Got some deals pending so not sure.

I got there about 0835hrs and we were about 30th in line..Took about 2 minutes to get in...

I was going to buy an underfolder milled Arsenal SAM 7 for $1200,which was a smokin deal...I thought about it for 5 minutes and came back the dude changed the price to $1800,which is no longer a deal..Snooze ya lose I guess.

Here are the prices for your enjoyment..

WASR's for $499 from Firing Line

Metric shit ton of AR's,only guy that had a good price was the guy selling the above WASR's.The rest of the AR's were a little high,but not unreasonable.The only insane prices I seen was a 6920 for $2200,Rileys had them for the equally insane price of $1700

Didn't see any LPK's.

Stripped AR lowers were out of control,the best price was from Lars for $179.00 for a CMMG.I say average price was $200,and as high as $240 for a RR.

7.62x39 GT $260 per K from Firing Line,Wolf was $250 from Rileys

5.56 Privi was $350 from the old guy at every show,ammo is located under his table..Ammo guy from NY the same for $400

Fed XM193A 5.56 900 round case on strippers was $350 from Rileys

.308 Privi was $125 for 200 rounds NY guy

7.62x51 Port surplus was $100 for 200 round BP from Rileys

Aussie F4 was $500 a case from Collectors

No Federal HST in .45 or a Cold Steel Magnum Tanto (the only things I actually went there for),I did get a smokin deal on Fed GMM .308 that I couldn't pass up,don't worry though I cleaned him out.[smile]

The show was the most crowded I have even seen it up there.At 1100 hrs when my buddy and I were leaving,the line was still wicked long.

I am glad I have been panic buying since 2004,otherwise this hobby would absolutely suck with the way people are getting raped at the register.All you new guys getting into this now for whatever reason,I feel for ya.

Last edited:
Showed up at 9:30 AM - that was a mistake.

There had to be over 300 people in line. So, my brother and I took a little spin over to Commercial Street, and checked out the Amoskeag Firearms Auction. Talk about high rollers! I watched bidders snap up collectible guns like candy, including a boxed set of dueling pistols for $40,000. They had about 900 items for auction, including a few examples of such "Holy Grails" as the 1941 Johnson Rifle. That went for $3500. When the orginal box of .45 Colt ammo went for $8,500 I had about enough and took off.

We checked out the show again at about 11:00 AM - still mobbed. So we went to Riley's in Hooksett. Guess What? Crowded! Nothing there I had to have.

A little bit later (about 12:30) it was back to the show. By then, there were only about 20 people in line. Usual over-priced guns and ammo. I did pick up some cleaning patches and a sling, but everything else was laughable. I can't help it, but ever time I look at a price at these shows, I immediately remember what the same item costs online, using my C&R "dealer" pricing - and it's usually half the show price.

Saw alot of milsurps, alot of AR's and AK's, a bunch of Mosins, and the usual assortment of handguns.

I don't know why I keep going to these things - maybe the entertainment value!!!!

There had to be over 300 people in line. So, my brother and I took a little spin over to Commercial Street, and checked out the Amoskeag Firearms Auction. Talk about high rollers! I watched bidders snap up collectible guns like candy, including a boxed set of dueling pistols for $40,000. They had about 900 items for auction, including a few examples of such "Holy Grails" as the 1941 Johnson Rifle. That went for $3500. When the orginal box of .45 Colt ammo went for $8,500 I had about enough and took off.

We checked out the show again at about 11:00 AM - still mobbed. So we went to Riley's in Hooksett. Guess What? Crowded! Nothing there I had to have.

A little bit later (about 12:30) it was back to the show. By then, there were only about 20 people in line. Usual over-priced guns and ammo. I did pick up some cleaning patches and a sling, but everything else was laughable. I can't help it, but ever time I look at a price at these shows, I immediately remember what the same item costs online, using my C&R "dealer" pricing - and it's usually half the show price.

Saw alot of milsurps, alot of AR's and AK's, a bunch of Mosins, and the usual assortment of handguns.

I don't know why I keep going to these things - maybe the entertainment value!!!!

It's not even worth the entertainment value anymore. If that's the future, I'm staying home from now on

I was going to buy an underfolder milled Arsenal SAM 7 for $1200,which was a smokin deal...I thought about it for 5 minutes and came back the dude changed the price to $1800,which is no longer a deal..Snooze ya lose I guess.

Cold Steel Magnum Tanto

You should have bitched at that dealer for jacking up the price by 50%. If you called him on it, perhaps you would have embarrassed him enough to cut you a deal . . . at least for what it was originally posted for.

I hate gougers!

Wrt the Cold Steel products, there is a "discount division" of Cold Steel that sells the same 1st quality products for less than their regular pricing. I don't understand it, but we bought new kitchen knives from them a few years ago with a considerable discount.

The division is called "Special Projects" and their website is www.ltspecpro.com

The Tantos can be found here: http://www.ltspecpro.com/tantoseries.html

Good luck.

Not really on par per-say with the show but question...everyone is now up in arms about prices at shows. Well it's all from the panic buying and the whole supply & demand market rule. Curious...anyone here willing to sell the same items that are so highly sought after now at the old prices or would you try and make a few extra bucks?
remember, prices can be set down but if no one buys, it's nobody's loss but the dealer and good chnace these high demand items won't sit idel for long unless it's a completely unscrupulos dealer.

Well this was my first gun show... EVER. I picked up some .38 ammo, and some other little stuff that interested me. I got there around 9:45, walked downstairs to the line to get in, and turned around to go back home. I got to the roof of the parking garage where my car was and commented to some guy walking in that the line was obscene. He said that he was a vendor, and the line was only a 30 minute or so wait... so I turned around and went back in. It really was only 30 minutes or so.

One gun that I was looking for was either a PPKS, or a Bersa Thunder 380. I knew the price that these went for.. both new and used. Only saw a couple PPKS's and they were high. I saw a Bersa 380 at Rileys yesterday for $313. I should have bought it.

Anyway it was a good first show for me. I enjoyed it, and hopefully will be able to hit some more in the very near future.

Greg

Not bad for me either. My first show too. I liked looking at the used guns, as they were more in line with my price range. Didn't buy any ammo, as I'm only into 22's at the moment. But I ran into someone who is from my area, and found out where the locals shoot, so perhaps I shoulda bought more guns. ;) Maybe next time.

Oh: I got there at about 2pm. 2 people in line in front of me.

229Equinox- for all intents and purposes you cannot buy anything at the nh show.
If you do "Live in mass" and try to bring in a longarm or handgun you will be in violation of mass law and subject to arrest. (as you do not have an FID or LTC mass does NOT recognize any other states gun permits)

You could have something transferred to a ca ffl. as for buying a long gun and hopping on a plane in NH and flying to ca, that MAY be legal, but I seem the remember something about the fed law stating purchasers living in contiguous states.

for that matter if you are a resident of mass now you are a tax evader also.
(not swapping your Lic and registration over to mass.) Just FYI. Now as a good Democrat
I would think you would be happy to pay more taxes. Or are you just a troll?

I actually paid quite a bit of taxes this year (IN MA). As it stands, I am a student at Harvard University, and therefore am not considered a 'resident', nor forced into changing any residency.

I picked up a 1,000 round case of golden tiger 7.62x39 for $240. The guy had a bunch of them.
That was Jim McLoud (Manchester Firing Line). He was the 800 pound gorilla in the room. He hasn't done this show in years, but came well prepared with lots of staff and product. Golden Tiger 7.62x39 was $239/1000 (NY Steve was $275/1000 for Wolf). He started with a pallet and had 12-15 boxes at the end of the day. Had WASR's for $499. Started with 25 that I saw, 6-8 left at the end. He sold lots of Bushmasters. .50 BMG $275/100. He also had lots of Glocks and other inventory stacked in shelfing between his tables. Must have been 6-8 people working for him. There was constantly a swarm around his tables.

QUOTE]

I had bid on the Ross rifle there and it went well above what I wanted to pay!
Seems like prices were crazy even on the C+R stuff!

I went on Sat. Had about a 45 minute wait to get in. Wasn't as bad as it looked. the wife and I had a good time.
My wife bought a purse with the center section holster. She had wanted one of those since the last Concord show. She was very pleased to get it and used just about as soon as we got home.
I did a quick tour of all the tables. I was looking for one of two firearms, if I could find them at a reasonable price. And I did.....brought home a Beretta 92FS used-police turn-in, for a very good price. And the condition was superb.
All in all a good day!

Bob

Missed it: Work Safety Class on Sat. Snow of Sunday....

Well, FWIW - I am a member at Jim M's Manchester Range. I was there about a week ago (Sat pm). They remodeled the place. Enlarged the sign-in/show room. They have lots of firearms, used and new, and lots of ammo (including bulk) for sale. They had pallets with cases of ammo.

(I was there on a Sat. night, just "shopping" the place. They were packed with people waiting to shoot (maybe 50). 2hr. wait. Jim was there. I talked to him briefly about SBR-ing an AR15 Pistol that I have).

Last edited:
show wasn't too bad... some of the prices were a bit high but is to be expected.
I picked up a buffer assembly, magpul MIAD grip (they had it in OD [smile]) and a skeleton stock for bout what I would pay online so saved me the shipping and I got to play with it rite away

Metric shit ton of AR's,only guy that had a good price was the guy selling the above WASR's.The rest of the AR's were a little high,but not unreasonable.The only insane prices I seen was a 6920 for $2200,Rileys had them for the equally insane price of $1700

I realize they're not the $1300 they were a few years ago, but $1700 is about the going gunbroker price for a 6920. [sad2]

It sucks but pretty much everything costs more than it used to, nearly everywhere you can buy it. The only good deals left are on the secondary
market- and even those are hard to come by.

I am glad I have been panic buying since 2004,otherwise this hobby would absolutely suck with the way people are getting raped at the register.All you new guys getting into this now for whatever reason,I feel for ya.

+1...

If I had bought nothing but ammo in 2004 I would have been a lot better off. I do feel for folks just getting started, though.... in between the
commodity issues and the obama crap, people are getting bent over the guardrail, especially on ammo.

-Mike

I've been to the Manchester show every time its comes to town. I expect this one in Jan will draw a large crowd and no telling when there will be a "good" time to go. I'd expect at least an hour wait to enter. One thing I would highly suggest is bring lots of CASH! No I'm not joking.... A number of
gun and ammo vendors at the last show don't take plastic ! There is an ATM at the hotel but it runs out of money pretty quickly. Yes you can leave the show and go up the street to an ATM but then you have to stand in line to re-enter.

Also a small fact many of you may not know. If you park in the hotel parking garage you can get a discount on the parking fee! As you enter the show, on the wall by the tables where you pay your entry fee, there is a machine that punches your parking ticket and you get a few bucks off your parking. If you can't find the machine, ask the people at the tables collecting the admitting fee, they can show you were it is.

Hey every few bucks helps!!! [smile]

I'm going if nothing else than just to say I went and saw the EPIC crowd. If I find a good deal on a trunk rifle, all the better.

I'm gonna get try to get there one hour before they open, maybe two if I don't stay up too late.

Back
Top Bottom