Instead of deleting FS threads

I noticed that a thread for an item I recently purchased was deleted(or at least no longer visible). Instead of deleting it, perhaps putting it in an "archive forum" for at least a few months time would be a good idea. This would allow people to look back at the ad in case there was any discrepancy, etc.

(PS: I doubt there will be a discrepancy, but I was looking for the ad and couldn't find it)

Just my 2c.
--Lord1234

To jump on this . . .

I bought a holster off the forum. Of course both he and I waited until the transaction was completed before ATTEMPTING to leave iTrader feedback.

He sent me an Email saying essentially "I tried to leave you iTrader feedback but the thread was gone" so he couldn't do it. So this is defeating the purpose of iTrader, as no feedback gets left for a good transaction.

"Unintended consequences" of cleaning up the threads a bit too soon. Maybe locking them for 2 weeks (assuming that iTrader will work on a locked thread, no idea) before hiding (deleting) the thread might be best?

You don't need the deal thread to leave iTrader feedback.

You just need any post to leave iTrader feedback. Leaving the thread URL in the iTrader does no good as it will be an invalid link.

I am not leaving sales history out there for everyone to see.

You don't need the deal thread to leave iTrader feedback.

You just need any post to leave iTrader feedback. Leaving the thread URL in the iTrader does no good as it will be an invalid link.

I am not leaving sales history out there for everyone to see.

That's what I did for him and what I told him to do (he didn't).

In that case, you probably need to make that clear somewhere, so others don't get perplexed by it.

And before anyone says, "but I want to know how much XYZ is selling for!" just because the post is still there doesn't mean it'll show you the price it sold for...it'll show you the last price the seller was asking; there may have been negotiation to a lower price.

Back
Top Bottom