Instructor Discounts Thread

Hello,

I am new the forum. I found my way here from following links about NRA Firearm Instructor Discounts.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Smith & Wesson and their program. I ordered from them through the program some 8 weeks ago and have never heard from them. I sent an email to a person who was their program coordinator and all she said was there was a backlog and have heard nothing more. She also told me they do not even send an email when your order is shipped. Something even CMP does do.

Just wondering if anyone has had the same or better experience

I ordered an M+P 22 through their instructor discount program. You'll need a copy of the FFL from your local gunshop to go in with your paperwork. It took only about three weeks for the pistol to arrive. It would have been nice getting some kind of communication from S&W saying they got it, or that they're shipping the pistol. Oh the whole, I'll order this way again.

Has anyone seen discounted pricing from Rock River?

I don't know about instructor discounts. But they do give you dealer pricing if you have a C&R license. Another reason to spend the $30 for a 3 year C&R.
One thing I can tell you is that for direct sales i.e. custom builds, they are very backed up.

Don

Finally called S&W. The person who answered gave me an email address. Contacted the person for that email address. 12 weeks to the day finally recieved a response that it will ship in 5 to 7 days. Asked if I would get an email or something....got the response that my FFL would contact me. Geez! They need a better system!

Finally called S&W. The person who answered gave me an email address. Contacted the person for that email address. 12 weeks to the day finally recieved a response that it will ship in 5 to 7 days. Asked if I would get an email or something....got the response that my FFL would contact me. Geez! They need a better system!

Does their instructor program have a specific email address or phone number I can call? I'd like to see if the 2013 Program has been published yet.

I recently called CZ about a Dan Wesson and was told that they probably weren't going to do the program this year. Even before all the panic, they had a severe shortage caused by a fire at the DW shop in Norwich, NY.

Haven't visited in a while! The 2013 Ruger program is now available at my website remat457 firearms blog
Someone recently checked on S&W and it is not available yet. IIRC, it wasn't available until after June for 2012 :(

I was really kind of hoping we'd see the SR1911 on there this year........oh well. Hopefully S&W keeps a couple of theirs available.........

I was really kind of hoping we'd see the SR1911 on there this year........oh well. Hopefully S&W keeps a couple of theirs available.........

With Ruger you can request pricing on any item. They may tell you have to wait for it though..

NavyMoose,
Glad to hear S&W is going to renew the program earlier this year. Past years they have allowed you to order on the previous form. Not so this year.

Henry 2013 is now available on remat457 firearms blog too. Only 22's this year.

With Ruger you can request pricing on any item. They may tell you have to wait for it though..

NavyMoose,
Glad to hear S&W is going to renew the program earlier this year. Past years they have allowed you to order on the previous form. Not so this year.

Henry 2013 is now available on remat457 firearms blog too. Only 22's this year.

Thats been my experience with SR also. Was able to get a model of the Mk III that isn't on the list last year. I asked about the SR1911 and the woman just about laughed at me. Not really, she was very nice. But it definitely wasn't going to happen.

I cant seem to get through to Mossberg. Does anyone know if there discount is for NRA instructors or just hunter safety instructors? Just to let everyone know Ruger is on the ball. Ordered 10 guns 2 weeks ago 4 10/22 6 mini 14's. The 10/22's were delivered last Thursday and the mini 14's will be coming in this week.

I cant seem to get through to Mossberg. Does anyone know if there discount is for NRA instructors or just hunter safety instructors? Just to let everyone know Ruger is on the ball. Ordered 10 guns 2 weeks ago 4 10/22 6 mini 14's. The 10/22's were delivered last Thursday and the mini 14's will be coming in this week.

Huh. I ordered an SR22 a month ago and they haven't even cashed the check yet.

i spoke to someone at sales today at ruger regarding instructor purchases and they said they were suspending further purchases until June. I believe it was Linda. I did also ask about substitutions, in my case a finish substitution for a blued New Vaquero instead of the Stainless one listed and she said it shouldn't be a problem.

Created an account here just to add to the thread...

My wife has her eye on one of the pink Charter revolvers and so a bit of time searching on the web led me to a 2009 post regarding their discount program. I emailed them and within 24 hours, got a reply asking for my address so they could send me out a packet. I will scan it and get it posted when I get it.

Created an account here just to add to the thread...

My wife has her eye on one of the pink Charter revolvers and so a bit of time searching on the web led me to a 2009 post regarding their discount program. I emailed them and within 24 hours, got a reply asking for my address so they could send me out a packet. I will scan it and get it posted when I get it.

Oh, they have a packet? Excellent! Look forward to it. I like their new autorim revolvers (no more moonclips!)

- - - Updated - - -

The Mossberg is for instructors also.

Huh. I ordered an SR22 a month ago and they haven't even cashed the check yet.

i spoke to someone at sales today at ruger regarding instructor purchases and they said they were suspending further purchases until June. I believe it was Linda.

Well, I called them after you posted this and they told me "Oh, sure, here it is in the stack. I'll walk it over and put it in the queue for shipping next week."

Well, I just picked it up last night. Looks real nice, even came with two mags (Shootin' Buddy's LC9 only came with one)... and the check STILL hasn't cleared.
noclue.gif

I haven't seen any info posted about Remington in this thread so I thought I'd pass some info. along. Apparently they do extend NRA instructors a discount as part their "conservation" program. I faxed in my credentials (copy of my instructor card) but did have follow up a couple of times by calling the main corporate number at Remington and asking for the individual who is in charge of Remington's NRA Instructor Discount program. The individual (Shasta) did get back with me, got my credentials and secured the approval for me to make a purchase under their conservation program. I ordered a Versa Max Tactical 12 gauge - they're heavily back ordered on them so it may take a couple of months to get it. But Remington does extend discounts to NRA Instructors.

Anyone know if Weatherby has an instructor discount?

I think it's only for Hunter Education Instructors. There may be more info on the IHEA website, but the only working link I found required a password. Try the info below:

Weatherby, Incorporated is proud to offer all certified hunter education instructors 35% off on their entire catalog of products and accessories. “Weatherby is proud to support hunter education instructors,” states Ed Weatherby. “Their dedication to ensure safe and responsible hunting is a cornerstone of our hunting heritage.”
To enjoy this amazing program from Weatherby, contact John Long at 805-227-2653, by email at [email protected] or download the attached instructor order form & send it on to Weatherby.

FWIW, the referenced links were broken.

Back
Top Bottom