Instructor Discounts Thread

Does Vortex Optics do anything for instructors? Also Promotive.com - Pro deals on hundreds of brands with discounts up to 70% off retail is a good source of discounts for instructors! I would love to see Kimber do something for instructors!!

I don't want to pollute this thread with an anti-kimber discussion. But there are many other excellent 1911 manufacturers with instructor deals. One that offers guns in the Kimber price range, that I feel are higher quality is Dan Wesson. Its part of the CZ instructor discount program. Dan Wessons are made, by hand, in a shop, in Norwich NY.

Last edited:
I don't want to pollute this thread with an anti-kimber discussion. But there are many other excellent 1911 manufacturers with instructor deals. One that offers guns in the Kimber price range, that I feel are higher quality is Dan Wesson. Its part of the CZ instructor discount program. Dan Wessons are made, one by one, by hand, in a shop, in Norwich NY.

The last time I saw the S&W list, you could get the standard E-Series model (Gov't, all steel, no rail) for $680. Not sure what their status is at the moment, but that's a pretty smokin' deal.

I have the Eotech 2013 pricelist if someone wicked smaht can put it up here I will be happy to email it to you. [smile]

- - - Updated - - -

I have the Eotech 2013 pricelist if someone wicked smaht can put it up here I will be happy to email it to you. [smile]

Emailed Walther, since they are no longer being distributed by Smith and Wesson. They are putting together an instructors program and should have it ready by June.

Is there a trick to getting the S&W instructor list? I sent out a "do you have a program" email a week ago, heard nothing back. Should I just go ahead and email them a scan of my NRA instructor card and address?

Is there a trick to getting the S&W instructor list? I sent out a "do you have a program" email a week ago, heard nothing back. Should I just go ahead and email them a scan of my NRA instructor card and address?

Nope, they are just incredibly slow. Per my previous post, I sent the info on 5/6/2013, I only just received my packet in the mail on 6/1/2013.

I will take any discount I can get, but they do not seem to have anything that special. I do want two revolvers

Hi guys new here, been lurking for a while and thought I'd share some updated 2013 info for some of the programs I've gathered:

CZ-USA: Talked to Kipp Oertle ([email protected]) the guy who runs their program and this was his response:
"We are still running the program but with the program the item must be in overstock. The problem with that is, I basically do not have a gun in the entire warehouse.
Our stock is horrible right now and will be for most of the year depending on what item you are looking for.
The prices are basically the same as last year.
Let me know what you are interested in and we will go from there."

I think the 2012 price list is still on Remat's site so go by that for pricing or you can just email Kipp for a quote, if its in stock you'll probably get it in about 1-2 weeks, that's how long my shotgun took.

S&W: It took about a month for me to get my packet in the mail. Placed an order for a Shield 9 and 1911-E a few weeks back. The contact for that program is Windy Clayton ([email protected]), she can give you a rough estimate of how long for specific guns and how many are backordered. The wait for the Shield is 6-8 months and 10 months for 1911 to put things in perspective.

Ruger: Got a response from customer service saying the program will resume on June 30, 2013. I was also told the program contact is Elaine Sandberg ([email protected]) I tried to contact her asking some questions but have gotten no response. I am not sure if they will be using the same price list from the beginning of the year.

Last edited:
Talked to Remington today about their program. Its pretty simple, 25% off MSRP across the board. To place an order call the corporate number 1-800-243-9700 and ask for the NRA Instructor Program and they should transfer you to Shasta. She said the program is new and credit card is the only way to pay. The program is also extended to Para handguns.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to get in contact with Mossberg? I have a shotgun course coming up in January and would like to have some new 500s and 930s for use. E-mailed about a week ago and no response yet. Thanks!!!

Has anyone been able to get in contact with Mossberg? I have a shotgun course coming up in January and would like to have some new 500s and 930s for use. E-mailed about a week ago and no response yet. Thanks!!!

I had no problem with mossberg. Pm me your email address and ill forward you the contact. I got a 590a1 for $350.

I have sent 3 emails with no replies..Im sad face

I tried emailing S&W twice over the past week or two, no response. Just called them and the customer rep I talked to emailed it to me immediately.

Last edited:
Really?? Nobody?

Jefftk call S&W customer service and get them to email him the instructor program info. I got no response on the email address too. I guess phone request is the only way to go. As S&W attorney butt up previously so the info is not shared on public now.

As of other available program, you can find it at remat457 blog page.

http://firearms.fortreg.com/?page_id=2919

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Last edited:
Jefftk call S&W customer service and get them to email him the instructor program info. I got no response on the email address too. I guess phone request is the only way to go. As S&W attorney butt up previously so the info is not shared on public now.

As of other available program, you can find it at remat457 blog page.

http://firearms.fortreg.com/?page_id=2919

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

I was told to email my credentials to [email protected], but I never got a response.

Jeff and china, can you put some context around this so people don't have to dig through 21 pages? What company?

I was told to email my credentials to [email protected], but I never got a response.

I called S&W, forget which extension - probably the retail sales, and asked about the instructor discount program. The guy I talked to immediately e-mailed me the list. Interestingly, he did not ask for any credentials.

Does anyone have any good contact info for Lyman?
I called them the other day and talked to the operator who redirected me to someones voicemail. I left a message but haven't heard back. I don't see any e-mail addresses on their site.
If someone has an instructor discount list/catalog can you PM it to me?
EDIT: Nevermind, just got a call back from them.

Anyone know if the savage discount program applies only to Hunter Education instructors, or will they accept Basic Home Firearm Safety?

Last edited:
I just got a rifle from Savage with my NRA Rifle instructor credentials. 40% off, shipping included, made it about $200 less than the best price I could find online.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom