Interesting question

A friend is in grad school writing a paper and recently got his LTC.
He has been reading alot about Jefferson and his ideals.

He posed the question:

"If Martial law was all of a sudden declared. What you do? Where would you go?"

I'm curious what some of your responses would be.

Last edited:
I'd get home, I'd get to my safe, arm myself and my wife, get to other family members to make sure they were safe and arm them too

Drive home immediately (home to VT, not my apt in MA). Load up my deer rifles, shotguns, .22 rifles, and my new XD. Gather with a few close friends and neighbors and hunker down.

-top priority is getting the wife home from wherever she is...
-if possible, pick up extra food/water and misc supplies
-hunker down in the house, from the 2nd floor where I can watch out the windo. (To make sure I have advanced notice that someone is coming to take us for "re-education")

-top priority is getting the wife home from wherever she is...
-if possible, pick up extra food/water and misc supplies
-hunker down in the house, from the 2nd floor where I can watch out the windo. (To make sure I have advanced notice that someone is coming to take us for "re-education")

Could not have said it better. My wife and I are almost always together. In the event we are not, agree with your scenario. [wink]

I'd loot the packy. No sense in hunkerin' down unless you got hooch.

This reminds me of one of my uncles. When he died he had most of his net worth tied up in Schlitz beer. The guy could not tell you what day it was, but he knew to the can how much beer he had.

[grin]

Rich

Living on the western part of the state, I wouldnt do anything more than perhaps keep a few arms within reach. The National Guard at that point would have hopefully blown the springfield and holyoke bridges and set the cities aflame under the guise of keeping Martial Law.

So maybe I'd have a beer and throw marshmallows over the river.

This reminds me of one of my uncles. When he died he had most of his net worth tied up in Schlitz beer. The guy could not tell you what day it was, but he knew to the can how much beer he had.

[grin]

Rich

He was fixated on an object...and held to it. Are you fixated on Liberty as much as your uncle was fixated on Schlitz ?

Go home, hunker down, wait it out. Wife is a good shot , we have the necessary to wait it out with some good neighbours if need be. I would not leave the house...well stocked booze and supply :)

I'd stay home. I'll make a deal with my gun-hating, food-hoarding neighbor: I'll let her have some of her food if she cleans my house.

I would go into my backyard, kick in one of my basement windows, crawl thru the window, hack a hole in my safe and jimmy open the door. Then I would take a bunch of the pistols and rifles - grind off the serial numbers, and load up my car and head towards certain parts of Boston. Once there I would freely distribute said firearms and sufficient ammunition to keep them going for a while.

The resulting chaos in Boston would surely be enough to keep any NG or other police or military forces busy enough that they wouldn't have sufficient resources to screw with the rest of us. [smile]

Then I would find where EddieCoyle was and join his band of merry looters.

Throw the AK in the rifle rack of my truck and set up a roadblock at the border on Rt 202 with the citizen's militia. Turn back any vehicle without a NES sticker. [mg]

Go home, hunker down, wait it out. Wife is a good shot , we have the necessary to wait it out with some good neighbours if need be. I would not leave the house...well stocked booze and supply :)

Grin, my sentiments exactly...and yes, my wife is a goood shot. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom