Is anyone else's LTC falling apart?

Just wondering, is anyone elses LTC falling appart like mine is? Both the front and back of my LTC card is peeling off, i dont want to mess with it because I am afraid of it looking "tampered with" and dealers questioning it. I'll probably end up applying for a replacement but seeing the thread discussing the lack of funding for printing the cards, im hesitant.

Just wondering if Im the only one with this problem.

Just wondering, is anyone elses LTC falling appart like mine is? Both the front and back of my LTC card is peeling off, i dont want to mess with it because I am afraid of it looking "tampered with" and dealers questioning it. I'll probably end up applying for a replacement but seeing the thread discussing the lack of funding for printing the cards, im hesitant.

Probably good to get it laminated over the old plastic if you can. Must be some place like Staples or something that does that work.

It started happening to mine the day I got it.

Are we talking about the old horse-blanket LTCs (mine has the same problem) or the new DL-sized LTCs?

Both my LTC and MG license are fading almost to the point where you can't read them anymore. These are the new credit card sized licenses and they don't expire until 2013. Maybe the state purposely made them that way. :D

Yup this is the new CC style card, can someone tell me why the cant just print these god damned things on the Drivers license machines!?!? Those never have a problem....

Ahh, made with disappearing ink!

This must be their third attempt to thwart legal gun ownership. [rolleyes]

Inquiring minds want to know what they will try next! [thinking]

Mine is a mess too. The back peels right off.

Tried laminating, doesnt work, just breaks open too.

I see no solution except a replacement

mine is good. it stays in the "low traffic" part of my wallet.

just curious, are they being exposed to excessive moisture? do you carry a wallet or a money clip thingie?

how about the rest of your cards? i keep my NH non-res in the next slot and it's good to go as well.

you must buy A LOT of guns [wink]

mine is good. it stays in the "low traffic" part of my wallet.

just curious, are they being exposed to excessive moisture?
I have been known to sweat abit

do you carry a wallet or a money clip thingie?

Wallet.

how about the rest of your cards?
They are all fine including my old still active FID, drivers license, and my department ID

you must buy A LOT of guns [wink]
Guilty as charged!

Half of my laminate peeled off the day I got it, from the scotch tape that held it to the paper it came on.

Mine is almost 6 years old and its held up fine. It stays in my wallet right behind the picture of my girl from Ireland. (And she hates that) [laugh]

The old "horseblanket" one definitely disintigrated fast. I was happy to see the CC sized one upon my first renewal. Like others asked, how often are you pulling the card out of your wallet?

I got one of those dorky license holders for all my licenses. Most of the time the wallet stays in the car. When I carry I can toss that in a pocket/purse (jacket, pants, whatever) but if I'm not it just lives in the car. It doesn't get pulled out of the wallet unless I am buying ammo or a gun so it's still in good shape.

Mine is smudging for some reason. I didn't notice there's any actual laminate on this... looks like a white piece of plastic printed out by one of those ID printers that you could buy yourself for $500. (Hence the smudging.)

My NH CCW card is the same age, and is of course in perfect condition.

My picture is sort of getting worn. The text is still good. It's weird that your drivers license is like $40 and it has holograms in it. $100 for a LTC and it looks like it was made in someones basement. [laugh]

Go to WalMart or Staples and get a package lamanating stuff and just recover it. They have them in different sizes from ID to 4x6, 5x8 or even 8x11. I use it a lot.

I also bought a lamanating machine from WalMart a few years back and I use the sucker all the time.

Mine is made of solid gold with Christ's image and signature on it.

(have I mentioned I'm on pain meds)?

I spittled on my monitor when I read this, and I didn't even have a beverage. [rofl]

Mine is the CC type, seems fine. I also keep it in the "low traffic area" of the wallet where I don't have to handle it much, like every time I pull out a CC or whatnot.

the problem is that low-quality materials are used in the manufacture of the cards.

A Modest Increase to $200 ( as a temporary* measure) will take care of that, as new, BETTER plastic can be obtained.

Of course, a budget crisis will come up, and the extra revenue will be directed to the Arts council to bring mimes to the farmers in East Treestump, so the problem will persist.

See, everything will work out.....

*It's temporary, 'cause it will go up higher, soon.

Both the front and rear of mine came off of the plastic card backing. I put it back on and had it laminated at staples for $1.10 and have used it several times since then and it never has been questioned. Who ever came up with this cheap assed method should be forced to do hard labor in Siberia. There is no reason why the licenses should not have the images screeened onto the plastic like most credit cards do. For Petes sake, I get junk mail fake advertisement plastic cards in the mail in better shape than our LTC cards.

At any baseball card/comic store you can get hard plastic sleeves that collectors use to protect cards. My EMT license is in the same boat, printed on a crappy printer and already fading. I put all my license in these sleeves and it keeps them well protected without physically altering them like laminating does.

Maybe Rep Peterson needs to file a bill for free replacements of defective licenses.

Not necessary. The current law and reg allows free replacement for any damaged or lost/stolen.

Problem is that CHSB isn't printing ANY LTCs, claiming poverty and inability to buy printing supplies. So for the time-being (until the heat gets turned up under their butts) it's not a good idea to push for that solution. Once the pipeline is flowing again, go to the PD and show them your LTC and request that they process a request for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom