Is Fiocchi 9mm usually underpowered?

Ive been shooting mostly WWB 9mm in my Glocks and I've had only one or two occasional low power rounds. I bought some Fiocchi since it was on sale and ive had more than a few failure to fully extract/stovepipes. When I'm shooting them they dont feel like they are underpowered but the evidence suggests otherwise. And before someone asks...no I wasnt limpwristing. This is my first use of Fiocchi so are they notorious for being loaded on the low side or do I have a bad batch?

IME, no, Fiocci is usually hotter than most, of course that all depends on the particular loading you are using. What kind of Glock are you using? if it is a 17 Gen4 or something like that, you probably will need the 02 recoil spring, as the one that comes with the gun is overpowered.

-Mike

Lately ive only been using my Gen3 G26 (2011 manufacture) so Ive only had the issues with the G26. I have not tried the Fiocchi it in my Gen3-G17 or Gen3-G19 yet. Guess its a good excuse for a range trip after work!

Has always run hot for me. Actually, at MFL - they use it to run their MP5's, or they used to.

While we're all assuring you Fiocchi is usually pretty hot (it is), which particular Fiocchi 9mm did you actually buy? 'Cause it's not all oh-so-hot.

Its just 115gr FMJ roundnose 9mm in a blue 50 round box with plastic tray holding the rounds.

View attachment 18610

Is it posible the slide is moving faster than normal and the case is getting ripped off the extractor before actually pivoting out of the ejection port, then the slide rebounds off the frame before the case has cleared the ejection port? I guess its possible but ive only heard of it with low power loads.

9AP, right? If so, I've seen it run flawlessly out of a stock G26. Something else is up, or it's a bad box.

Back
Top Bottom