Is it legal to store firearms not in my house?

Tell her if you get rid of the guns you'll rent a room to @Broc sooooo choices.

When I got married years ago my wife (grew up in a house with guns) didn't want a lot of things in the house including beer and guns. I have guns and a beer fridge (no other contaminants allowed) and she has her LTC so stand your ground it's not just HER house.

Long story short, we just had a kid and my wife wants my firearms out of the house. It's annoying, and I know y'all are going to say that it's time to trade in my wife, but really this is the only place we don't see eye to eye, so I'm trying to respect her wishes. She's always been super supportive of me in just about every way, but she's taking the hard line when it comes to guns in the house and a kid. Basically she said look, the second he's out of high school you can bring it all back and more, but while he's here I don't feel comfortable. It is what it is, so I'm trying to come up with a solve.

I rent a locked garage space from my neighbor literally 3 houses up and could easily move my safe up there. I'm curious though, I pay for that space month to month and do not have any type of lease. Would storing them there be kosher from a legal perspective and would I be under any obligation to inform the owner? Curious to get everyone's thoughts.

Thanks.
Go to home depot. But enough foam and packing film to cover every corner in the house and cover the foam in packing film to keep everything sanitary.

Throw away every sharp object in the house.

Sell your wife's car because she can't be trusted.

Sell your car because you can't be trusted

Anything that can be used as a blunt object, remove it from the home.

Have your cock removed because you might do something naughty to someone unwilling.

Now that everything is safe, ask your wife's boyfriend If he can hold your guns for you or sell them.

Have you tried a bonded warehouse?

Actually, OP, this gives me an idea...

Tell her a bonded warehouse is the only legal way to store offsite. Then tell her a bonded warehouse costs $1,000 a month, vs a steel security cabinet that can be had for a hundo or so, or a TSC safe at around $300.

Ask her if she's sure she wants offsite storage after that...

View attachment 834932

Let's see her we'll decide what the next move is.
Seriously. We know where she is on the crazy axis. The hot axis is relevant information.

That, and how much money she makes.

Ultimately, this isn't about guns, and it isn't about rationality. This is about trust, and she doesn't trust him.

Marriages don't survive a lack of trust.

You should just start saving for the divorce attorney now. Any woman who doesn't want you to be able to protect your family is basically a toxic waste of space. Even the kinda liberal woman I was with for the better part of a decade was in 110% agreement with me on guns and we had two young children in the house.

Just put your wife at ease and lie to her, It's not really about where the guns are it's about what she needs to hear.

That's surefire way to speed up the divorce process. 🤣

Why do you believe this?

Are your guns technically in possession of everyone in your house, even the ones that don’t have the combination to the safe?
This is tricky, the neighborhood doesn't have access but they would be on his property. Personally I would avoid this at all costs, but the original question was regarding the legality of doing so.

You guys always repeat crap like that, but I've known marriages that have survived this after the wife went FR about guns.

It's their marriage, their business.

OP, yes, what you are thinking about doing is legal.
The questions is not if the marriage survives, but how miserable is the guy.

My buddy is miserable and now trying to have a kid. Dude is f*cking up, but he wanted to settle. She didn't let him have guns and he always complains about her.

A lot of make up and hair products are poisonous.

As to the OP, this should have bee discussed way before this. Did your wife not realize that she was going to have a baby and that guns were going to be in the house?

I would be very nervous storing my firearms off of my property unless I had no alternative.

If you want to make a point with the Mrs. .... Maybe you should go through the house tonight with a trash barrel and start throwing out anything and everything that could be dangerous. Matches, knives small things that can fit in a kids mouth(like jewelery). Unplug everything and tape up the outlets. Put a guard rail around the stove. You get the picture

I wanna give OP the benefit of the doubt but I have a hard time believing this is real.
I don't. This isn't the first one of these we've seen by a longshot. Within the last month theres been at least one other "histrionic wife doesn't like guns, looking for storage" posts. Probably been dozens over the years.

Sounds like she was ok with guns in the house before the kid.

So, she must trust you.

Take her to a safe store and have the sales guy explain how a child can't get in.

Your situation is not as bad as you think.

I know women who would refuse to have guns in the house under and circumstance.

4 pages and I'm not sure this was mentioned, and if it was it was not mentioned enough.

If you love her and you really want to save this broken marriage at this point (lol), seriously, TAKE HER TO THE RANGE.
Teach her.
She has an irrational fear that you need to help her overcome. Taking her to the range will do exactly that

Don’t listen to fools.

What you need is a  girlfriend; then you can store them at her place.
FIFY
I get it every marriage is different, I knew a guy his wife made him sit in the corner while she got banged by other dudes...... Different strokes for different folks.
Whoa whoa whoa, they were making love it wasn't a gangbang and nobody made me sit there it was just the most comfortable spot

Actually, OP, this gives me an idea...

Tell her a bonded warehouse is the only legal way to store offsite. Then tell her a bonded warehouse costs $1,000 a month, vs a steel security cabinet that can be had for a hundo or so, or a TSC safe at around $300.

Ask her if she's sure she wants offsite storage after that...
Her solution will be to sell the guns

In all honesty, having a baby and an intact marriage may be worth losing guns over.

You may have to write off the guns for a few years while you work on her.

I know it's fun...

I get it...

But, in the mean time...

NO MORE CREAM PIES!!!

For Gods sake!!!

Here is some more sage advice.

Ditch the long guns.

Rent a safe deposit box and keep any handguns in there.

Problem solved!!!

In all honesty, having a baby and an intact marriage may be worth losing guns over.

You may have to write off the guns for a few years while you work on her.

I know it's fun...

I get it...

But, in the mean time...

NO MORE CREAM PIES!!!

For Gods sake!!!

Here is some more sage advice.

Ditch the long guns.

Rent a safe deposit box and keep any handguns in there.

Problem solved!!!
Yeah I’m not gonna be ditching anything. What about a small (like 5x5) storage unit? There’s a spot close by which offers storage for cheap and I could throw a few other things in there to make it worth my while. Would that be legal if the storage unit doesn’t prohibit firearms?

Back
Top Bottom