• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it legal to store firearms not in my house?

I'd put $20 that this has nothing to do with lead and everything to do with histrionics/ shit testing.

Not to mention the kid getting poisoned from residual lead from shooting is nearly pure fantasy anyways, and minimal to begin with. Most kids that have lead issues get it from old shithouses, lead paint and lead paint dust ground into carpets. And probably from chinese toys.

ETA: id be more apt to agree with it as a kid hazard if the OP was shooting at a garbage indoor range 2-3x a week but that's not likely either... a guy shooting that much is not going to fold that easy. OP is probably johnny 3 box etc. Yawn.

Twenty dollars? You are now a verified NES skinflint! [rofl]

.... maybe shes not a real woman or a mom you dont know

And dont over think it its just someone coming in trying to offer an actual perspective and no one caring
/sarc/ did you just assume my gender? /sarc/. Lolol.
i can add a bit more perspective if you guys will allow it….
it’s been a loooong time since I have been a guest in a maternity ward but when I was I was bombarded with doom and gloom predictions of everything that could possibly go wrong. There was a channel on the tv that nurses encouraged all new moms to watch, show after show about post-partum depression, household dangers, environmental dangers…..with plenty of ads for insurance and methods and products designed to “keep baby safe”. It can totally screw with an already overburdened mind. There were only a few channels other than that so I ended up watching the one that had all the ghost shows, Bigfoot shows and stupid crap like that. I have zero doubt that that subconsciously influenced my actions and thoughts, even if only for a short time until my brain could return to a somewhat normal state. I can see how some women take much longer to recover, some women never recover, like that Clancy lady. This was all a long time ago in a distant galaxy, I can only imagine how bad, woke, horrific, scary, etc those “keep baby safe” shows are now.

My wife would also be mad if I brought a rando pussy home 😁
I’ve been pushing the sister wife thing real hard. I mean we have three bedrooms.

It’s a pretty hard sell and then I’m thinking who the f*** would want one wife never mind two..

Edit. OP can’t keep his own guns in his own house.Lol… OP you have to do some more outrageous shit that way the gun thing don’t even look like a big deal.

Just make sure your guns are in your safe or she’ll shoot you

Last edited:
I thought marriage vows the woman has to obey the man?

Just put em in ur car if ur a BEYTAH 😆
Not quite. Means you have to pay their bills, yell at them and maybe they’ll listen 10% of the time, whereas you can just ignore them.

I just figured if I had two wives, they could talk to each other while I’m trying to sleep and fight amongst themselfs.. it’s like when you have more than one dog they’re always vying for your attention

It’s the people who inappropriately clean out shitty ranges that get lead poisoning.

As far as shooting in one yourself, you’d have to be there 24/7 to get sick

Lol ... wear white shoes to most indoor ranges. Then let us know.

People shoot and touch their phones, pants, t-shirts ... they get lead dust all over. Then thej walk around the house, sit on the couch, wash their hands but touch their phones again...

Is it enough to get lead poisoning? ... Maybe not.
But, how would it affect a baby?

Anyway, this is 100% NOT about lead. The conversation the OP would have had with his wife would habe been very different.

Most gun owners dont even think about lead, let alone peppe that don't shoot.

Lol ... wear white shoes to most indoor ranges. Then let us know.

People shoot and touch their phones, pants, t-shirts ... they get lead dust all over. Then thej walk around the house, sit on the couch, wash their hands but touch their phones again...

Is it enough to get lead poisoning? ... Maybe not.
But, how would it affect a baby?

Anyway, this is 100% NOT about lead. The conversation the OP would have had with his wife would habe been very different.

Most gun owners dont even think about lead, let alone peppe that don't shoot.

I didn’t bring up the lead poisening thing, but my point is. you know me, you know the bulk reloading I’ve done, casting lead, handling lead tire weights, whatever else. shooting all the time indoors and outdoors, and I got tested.
Registered basically nothing.

I’d be more concerned about the lead in your drinking water. it obviously affects infants and young children more.

But still the only real lead poisoning most people have to worry about is getting shot or people who work in an industrial atmosphere.

Also, who owns white shoes?
I’d be more concerned about all the baby bottles people are buying from China that actually might give you lead poisoning or God knows what

I didn’t bring up the lead poisening thing, but my point is. you know me, you know the bulk reloading I’ve done, casting lead, handling lead tire weights, whatever else. shooting all the time indoors and outdoors, and I got tested.
Registered basically nothing.

I’d be more concerned about the lead in your drinking water. it obviously affects infants and young children more.

But still the only real lead poisoning most people have to worry about is getting shot or people who work in an industrial atmosphere.

Also, who owns white shoes?
I’d be more concerned about all the baby bottles people are buying from China that actually might give you lead poisoning or God knows what

I agree.

@Spartan65 rocks the white NB shoes.

If you can change the combination of the safe, have her set a new combination and not tell you what it is. That way she, and only she, controls access. Pain in the butt but might be easier than the alternatives. Another way would be to build a secure cage in the basement and give her the only key.

You don't know that, we don't have any information to support that assertion.

It's about her desire to get guns out of the house. Maybe lead is part of that, maybe it isn't. It's a potential factor that she might be concerned with. Or maybe it's about accidents, or maybe lawsuits. He didn't say, so we don't know.

In any case, even if it's not about lead, if part of the "safety mitigation" is about lead, it can only help her confidence in his ability to be responsible.

It's about her desire to get guns out of the house. Maybe lead is part of that, maybe it isn't. It's a potential factor that she might be concerned with. Or maybe it's about accidents, or maybe lawsuits. He didn't say, so we don't know.

In any case, even if it's not about lead, if part of the "safety mitigation" is about lead, it can only help her confidence in his ability to be responsible.
It’s just more irrational fear. I’m done with this thread, but it was fun. I’ll see you guys at the next dumpster fire

It’s the people who inappropriately clean out shitty ranges that get lead poisoning.

As far as shooting in one yourself, you’d have to be there 24/7 to get sick
I don't necessarily agree with that there are people on this very forum who have gotten lead poisoning from shooting at bad facilities multiple times per week. But under normal circumstances yes the odds are very long unless you actually work daily at a commercial range and are not given proper PPE for cleaning etc and regular testing. A dude who shoots at a high flow, properly designed indoor Range for an hour a week and goes home is not at great risk level. And neither is his or her family. Outdoors the risk drops further. Reloaders and people who shoot dirty unjacketed shit may want to take extra precautions but honestly it's not really rocket science. Like for example if I had a kid with my ex the only thing I really would have changed was only tumbling and sifting brass outside, and maybe toss clothing after a session, keep a separate set of shoes for the shop area.

Nah, were in 2024 now.

This incident is clearly just histrionic broadlogic. There's never any sense to it... otherwise if there was she would try having a discussion with him about it instead of issuing an ultimatum that's the key distinction here. Only stupid c***s that are out of their gourds issue ultimatums over something like this. Normal, non shitty people don't do that to their spouse.

I agree.

@Spartan65 rocks the white NB shoes.
Not yet. ten more years and they will be white velcro NB’s

Lead poisoning is a big deal. And you should be worried about it if you have kids. Paint, dust from shooting etc.

I don’t want to tell you how much I have spent de-leading apartments. If I had bought Bitcoin instead I’d be f*cking retired.

Last edited:
I am 99% sure it has nothing to do with lead.

The conversation, per the OP, was to get the guns out of the house. It was not about how to mitigate lead getting to the kids.

But, if we are doing mental gymnastics:
- Maybe it was about a fire and bullets flying all over the place.
- Maybe it was about being a target for a break in if someome knows he has guns.
- Maybe it is about the kid eating a primer.
- Maybe itnis about the kid eating a brass casing

I’ve been pushing the sister wife thing real hard. I mean we have three bedrooms.

It’s a pretty hard sell and then I’m thinking who the f*** would want one wife never mind two..

Not quite. Means you have to pay their bills, yell at them and maybe they’ll listen 10% of the time, whereas you can just ignore them.

it’s like when you have more than one dog they’re always vying for your attention
For the life of me, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to.

Long story short, we just had a kid and my wife wants my firearms out of the house. It's annoying, and I know y'all are going to say that it's time to trade in my wife, but really this is the only place we don't see eye to eye, so I'm trying to respect her wishes. She's always been super supportive of me in just about every way, but she's taking the hard line when it comes to guns in the house and a kid. Basically she said look, the second he's out of high school you can bring it all back and more, but while he's here I don't feel comfortable. It is what it is, so I'm trying to come up with a solve.

I rent a locked garage space from my neighbor literally 3 houses up and could easily move my safe up there. I'm curious though, I pay for that space month to month and do not have any type of lease. Would storing them there be kosher from a legal perspective and would I be under any obligation to inform the owner? Curious to get everyone's thoughts.

Thanks.

I’ll store them for you!

Take her car away!

Did you know that car accidents are leading cause of death among children in the US.

Did you also know that many of these deaths could have been prevented?

• 663 Children died in car accidents in 2015 (children 12 years and younger)
  • 121,350 were injured in car accidents
  • A study found that 618,000 rode in vehicles without the use of any child seat or seat belt
  • 35% of children who died in a car accident were not buckled up or using a child seat or baby sea

Most car accidents occur close to our home​

Another thing that you will learn from the statistics is that most car accidents occur close to home. It doesn’t matter if you were on vacation or if you were just going to the nearest Grocery Store. You are at your highest risk when you are close to home.

Oh, and BTW, You want to move your safe to someplace you rent but don't own? Are you nuts. too?
You would have a hell of a time if the owner(s) had a change of mind, had a disagreement, had a divorce or anything else that could jeopardize your safe.

The question "Is it legal....." is not the concern. What are you thinking? make sure you read all the replies at least 3 times before you do something stupid.

Long story short, we just had a kid and my wife wants my firearms out of the house. It's annoying, and I know y'all are going to say that it's time to trade in my wife, but really this is the only place we don't see eye to eye, so I'm trying to respect her wishes. She's always been super supportive of me in just about every way, but she's taking the hard line when it comes to guns in the house and a kid. Basically she said look, the second he's out of high school you can bring it all back and more, but while he's here I don't feel comfortable. It is what it is, so I'm trying to come up with a solve.///
Stall until the post partum hormones die down.

Ironically Mass law makes it rather more difficult to accede.

Making sure your baby seat is properly mounted in your car is many times more important in terms of the child’s welfare.

I have posted this on NES before but this deserves repeating. When I was dating my now wife of over 40 years, I Made this statement (I do not stop at the bars on my way home from work, I do not spend my Sundays in front of the TV watching professional sports. My only hobby is firearms, and you will go before they will) We have a splendid marriage. GOOD LUCK.

I have posted this on NES before but this deserves repeating. When I was dating my now wife of over 40 years, I Made this statement (I do not stop at the bars on my way home from work, I do not spend my Sundays in front of the TV watching professional sports. My only hobby is firearms, and you will go before they will) We have a splendid marriage. GOOD LUCK.
And now she is gone!
More guns!!!

Just watched the required video for Utah CCW renewal. It's mostly about suicide prevention and moving guns offsite or locking them up if there are 'at risk' people in the home.
But they had a brilliant idea which i think will work for the OP.
Take your guns to a pawn shop. Take out a small loan against the collection. Interest is about 3% per month. Example; borrow $200, use firearms as collateral, pay $6 per month for storage. Thank me later. :) Disclaimer- This post is for entertainment purposes only

Just watched the required video for Utah CCW renewal. It's mostly about suicide prevention and moving guns offsite or locking them up if there are 'at risk' people in the home.
But they had a brilliant idea which i think will work for the OP.
Take your guns to a pawn shop. Take out a small loan against the collection. Interest is about 3% per month. Example; borrow $200, use firearms as collateral, pay $6 per month for storage. Thank me later. :) Disclaimer- This post is for entertainment purposes only
I was gonna say that’s a terrible idea

Believe me, I'm aware that it makes zero sense but it is what it is for the time being. Thoughts on wether this is a reasonable solve?
It is what it is, because you allow it to be what it is. Sell all your guns, you don't deserve to have them. Gun owners should have back bones.

Back
Top Bottom