• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Is it legal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hypothetically
HYPOTHETICALLY......................................

Hi,

Is it legal for a ffl to order a rifle online for me to his store then I'll fill out the paper work of course, because lots of online store only sell it to person of 21 or older, it is their policies?

I live in Boston with an FID (with address in Boston), is it legal for a ffl to sell me a rifle that are banned in Boston (Boston have their own version of AWB, f the enforcement notice things), but I do have place at family member that have LTC living outside of Boston to store my rifle, of course the rifle need to be comply with the state AWB and my FID, and will never be cross into the city, but is it legal for ffl to sell me because my FID with the address in Boston and the fact that I'm reside in Boston?

I'm asking if it legal for a ffl to do so, not would they or can they, because I know not all ffl are the same.

I applied at end of May and still waiting for the call, I hope I didn't missed it, Boston Police Headquarter did their best to cut all contact and delaying.

Thankss.

Last edited:
No, that isn't legal. FID holders can't own or even possess any "so-called AWs" anywhere in MA. Additionally, BATFE requires dealers to only transfer guns to people who can legally possess them in the city/town they live in.

No, that isn't legal. FID holders can't own or even possess any "so-called AWs" anywhere in MA. Additionally, BATFE requires dealers to only transfer guns to people who can legally possess them in the city/town they live in.
I'm pretty sure FID holder can own SKS and SKS are on the list of Boston banned weapons.
But I'm living here so it is a no :(

BUT what about ffl order a rifle for me since many online store policies only sell it to one 21 or older?

They have to comply with state, city/town you live in, and federal laws/regs. So if Boston or MA has an age restriction, they must uphold that.

I don't normally do this. But.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Lol this one stinks of bad intentions
View attachment 828901
But don't worry, I'm here to derail.

What's it gonna be? 1980s and 90s hot chicks? Suggestions?
Funny you posted this. The first thing I do every time one of these questions pop up is I click on the name. Results are always the same. I just figure it's one of Maura's staffers.

Had to do it,....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwW0W8BCvVQ

Or this one

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBdpINm9UBU

MA Law Section 88.....
Section 88. Notwithstanding any other provision of law to the contrary, all public high schools shall offer the same student information and on-campus recruiting opportunities to representatives of state or United States armed services as they offer to nonmilitary recruiters.

You go down that rabbit hole......[thinking]
Your generation can do something about it.
Good luck!

Funny you posted this. The first thing I do every time one of these questions pop up is I click on the name. Results are always the same. I just figure it's one of Maura's staffers.
Always. Some are more obvious than others. This one is pretty bad

They have to comply with state, city/town you live in, and federal laws/regs. So if Boston or MA has an age restriction, they must uphold that.
You can buy long gun in MA under 21 include Boston but most online store only sell their gun to 21 or older, some sell long gun to under 21 but they didn't the best price.

BATFE requires dealers to only transfer guns to people who can legally possess them in the city/town they live in.
"State they live in..... "

MA dealers largely don't give a shit about Bostons silly awb, as an example. No different than non cook county IL FFLs who still gladly sold Chicago residents handguns back when Chicago had a full on handgun ban. (Yes, this was a thing. And everyone was aware it was a thing).

The responsibility of compliance is soley on the posessor in these cases, it's not the FFLs problem.

If he's local, why not stop by the ffl and ask? After all, isn't that where you're going to send it?
I have million question to ask, but why bother them without even know what ffl I'll be doing business with, when someone on here may be able to help.

"State they live in..... "

MA dealers largely don't give a shit about Bostons silly awb, as an example. No different than non cook county IL FFLs who still gladly sold Chicago residents handguns back when Chicago had a full on handgun ban. (Yes, this was a thing. And everyone was aware it was a thing).

The responsibility of compliance is soley on the posessor in these cases, it's not the FFLs problem.
I'm stuck here, so it is what it is, but sound like I still can get my sks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom