• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Israeli FALO - Fresh Build

Hydrocarbonate

NES Member
Wanted to post my Izzy FALO built on early CAI Imbel receiver. Definitely one of the better builds I’ve done!

EDEB4722-FEC5-43C1-958F-0865A35F8667.jpeg
a450f89c-26d5-4259-8c5e-e850c9e7a592-jpeg.689525

Attachments

• A450F89C-26D5-4259-8C5E-E850C9E7A592.jpeg
    A450F89C-26D5-4259-8C5E-E850C9E7A592.jpeg
    597.6 KB · Views: 346
I thought of doing an Izzy on my latest build, but I went for a plain-Jane IMBEL when I lucked into some NBC handguards I was looking for.

Kinda wish I'd gone Izzy now... [rofl]

I thought of doing an Izzy on my latest build, but I went for a plain-Jane IMBEL when I lucked into some NBC handguards I was looking for.

Kinda wish I'd gone Izzy now... [rofl]
Lord knows how many locking shoulders a receiver can take but that’s the great part about FALs! Can swap out a good preban receiver in two beers and get a fresh new look.

I bet there's a 1/4 cord of wood in the furniture on that rifle......might come in handy to heat the house this winter in a pinch.....just sayin

I'm curious how your trilux mount has held up, and who made it. I used a British mount, and after about 50 rounds the rivets holding the top of the mount onto the dust cover had loosened up so much I could visibly wobble the scope. I've restaked the rivets, but I don't have high hopes. If there's another country out there that made non-shitty ones, I'd like to know!

I'm curious how your trilux mount has held up, and who made it. I used a British mount, and after about 50 rounds the rivets holding the top of the mount onto the dust cover had loosened up so much I could visibly wobble the scope. I've restaked the rivets, but I don't have high hopes. If there's another country out there that made non-shitty ones, I'd like to know!
Mines an Israeli one, rivets are good and tight, it’s possible you may have to smush your rivet on a press a bit more but otherwise I’d just weld the mount.

If the rivets are loose again, you could try to work some Loctite 648 (metal press-fit) into the central barb before re-crimping.

It's the press-fit equivalent of loctite's red threadlock, it takes heating to 250C to remove and is strong.

Back
Top Bottom