• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

First AR-15 build advice

you can ship to ups store there in NH or find a million and a half of other sellers who ship aero products to MA.
I haven't found anyone who has deals that beat the 30% off. Getting the Upper, BCG, CH, 2 mags, and hand stop for just under $650. Just need sights and a stock.

Let me know if you've found any deals for Black Friday!

I haven't found anyone who has deals that beat the 30% off. Getting the Upper, BCG, CH, 2 mags, and hand stop for just under $650. Just need sights and a stock.

You have to stop being hung up on direct from aero. Several places have already been mentioned. Optics planet and AR15Parts.com. Are great and ship here.

You have to stop being hung up on direct from aero. Several places have already been mentioned. Optics planet and AR15Parts.com. Are great and ship here.
I don't care who it comes from, I just wanted the best deals and they were providing it. I couldn't find anywhere that offered better than 30% off basically my entire upper. I've shopped others and didn't find what I wanted at the price. But I'll try to be better for you sir!!

Do you or anyone know if I can ship to a NH UPS store? I live 5-10 from the border and have a UPS store very close. Aero won't ship to me in MA but I want to take advantage of the Black Friday 30% off deal asap. Don't want them to refuse the shipment or something and mess it all up. I called and confirmed that I could ship to them, but didn't say it was firearm parts...

If not, can I send it to your store? I'm a bit further from Nashua but it's doable. Do you charge a fee?

Edit: this is just an upper and parts, lower was purchased in MA.
No fee unless you want it shipped directly to you on my end. The UPS store will accept a shipment. Not sure if Aero would send it there. Send me a message if you want to talk further. Happy to help if I can.

Also, since we are still talking about Aero: as others have mentioned., Aero direct can have the best or the worst prices on Aero products (go figure). Brownells, AR15discounts, Primary Arms, and many other places frequently beat Aero direct in terms of pricing. When they have a sale, it's usually pretty good, but tend to sell out fast.

Also, since we are still talking about Aero: as others have mentioned., Aero direct can have the best or the worst prices on Aero products (go figure). Brownells, AR15discounts, Primary Arms, and many other places frequently beat Aero direct in terms of pricing. When they have a sale, it's usually pretty good, but tend to sell out fast.
From what I could find, they were having the best sale for the holiday. I saved nearly $300, so I was able to get a lot more of the stuff I wanted. And I did confirm UPS would let me ship firearm parts to them! I'll just have to pay a slight fee, but that's fine with me. Honestly, it would probably cost me the same to drive out to Nashua in gas lol. But I appreciate the offer to assist and will definitely let you know in the future!

I don't care who it comes from, I just wanted the best deals and they were providing it. I couldn't find anywhere that offered better than 30% off basically my entire upper. I've shopped others and didn't find what I wanted at the price. But I'll try to be better for you sir!!
I knew you’d take that a little derogatory. Not my intention. It’s just we have to wade through enough stupid laws in this state. Why jump through hoops from a company that doesn’t want to sell to you in Ma. When there are plenty that will. Glad you got what you want. Have fun with the build.

$650? That is not inexpensive. If price is what is driving your decision, You can get all that for $200- $400.

That one is $209

There are several places that have deals where you can get a full build kit for $400 and only need a stripped lower to finish.
Yup. Gotta shop around a bit. Higher quality stuff is going to cost a bit more but if someone is just looking to build something average then there is no reason to spend 650 on a complete upper

Yup. Gotta shop around a bit. Higher quality stuff is going to cost a bit more but if someone is just looking to build something average then there is no reason to spend 650 on a complete upper
Agree
No need to Gucci up where it doesn't count - a decent quality BCG, barrel and trigger group can be had on a budget.

I knew you’d take that a little derogatory. Not my intention. It’s just we have to wade through enough stupid laws in this state. Why jump through hoops from a company that doesn’t want to sell to you in Ma. When there are plenty that will. Glad you got what you want. Have fun with the build.
All good, I appreciate it and understand your sentiment.

Completely agree. My thought is I'm most likely going to just build the one AR. I'm a pretty modest gun owner and just wanted to have one before I couldn't, so thought I might as well buy a decent brand and what I wanted and spend a bit extra. All in for the full build, I'll be looking at about $1100. Definitely nothing cheap, but I wanted something I'd like and keep forever.

I'm only 25 so only time will tell. For sure could've gone cheaper, but I'm happy and confident in the parts I bought. If it turns out I'm wrong... I'll be back here complaining 🤣

Completely agree. My thought is I'm most likely going to just build the one AR. I'm a pretty modest gun owner and just wanted to have one before I couldn't, so thought I might as well buy a decent brand and what I wanted and spend a bit extra. All in for the full build, I'll be looking at about $1100. Definitely nothing cheap, but I wanted something I'd like and keep forever.

I'm only 25 so only time will tell. For sure could've gone cheaper, but I'm happy and confident in the parts I bought. If it turns out I'm wrong... I'll be back here complaining 🤣
It’s good to have one of good quality. I like Aero. If you have an interest in building them, this won’t be your last. You’re going to want to do builds from stripped lowers and uppers and individual parts. There are so many different use cases you can come up with for an AR15 and a seemingly endless amount of reasons to build them.

Not all quality parts begin with the names Daniel defense, geissele,sons of liberty,aero precision,zev,radian,lmt,larue,knights,sig, cmmg,blackout defense etc

There are smaller shops that push out good quality items.
Sota arms. For example.

It's hard to eff up simple to make parts. While I have a sweet spot for Aero Precision for the basics of "do things right to six sigma and are affordable. " I agree with you.

Many of the Sota barrels I looked at were FN top shelf tier equivalent. Since they can do that, pretty much all of the other simple AR parts are trivial to make.

Sorry though. I am hard pass on PSA for anything other than an upper receiver.

i really feel for aero lowers, but as of all the rest - really, it is NICE to have it all aero, but, not so critically important.
and some aero uppers are weird and need special nut wrench etc - may get annoying.

it is nice to have an aero bolt and an aero of BA barrel - this way you can be guaranteed to be issues free on either ar15 or ar10.

Sota arms. For example.

It's hard to eff up simple to make parts. While I have a sweet spot for Aero Precision for the basics of "do things right to six sigma and are affordable. " I agree with you.

Many of the Sota barrels I looked at were FN top shelf tier equivalent. Since they can do that, pretty much all of the other simple AR parts are trivial to make.

Sorry though. I am hard pass on PSA for anything other than an upper receiver.
I won't buy psa anything because they don't ship here.
Same with aero, ballistic advantage and Wilson combat.
And I aim to remove those items from my previous purchases(before I knew) with items that do ship here.

I have soft spots for 3 companies as of late.

Sharp's bros is my go to for uppers,lowers and generally handguards

Shaw barrels for most of my barrel needs.

Jacob grey for my other barrels (short ones and odd balls that shaw doesn't have) needs and little things here and there

I won't buy psa anything because they don't ship here.
Same with aero, ballistic advantage and Wilson combat.
And I aim to remove those items from my previous purchases(before I knew) with items that do ship here.

I have soft spots for 3 companies as of late.

Sharp's bros is my go to for uppers,lowers and generally handguards

Shaw barrels for most of my barrel needs.

Jacob grey for my other barrels (short ones and odd balls that shaw doesn't have) needs and little things here and there
I don't care about the shipping game. I care about the quality of stuff. And if you can't get good stuff shipped to you, either move, make your state better, or STFU about it.

This isn't Mass State Shooters. And while Aero may not shop directly to MA... 95% of what they make is available from other vendors which do ship to MA..

Heck, Aero ships very little of their stuff directly to consumers.

Back
Top Bottom