• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Issues with comped Glock 34

If he is still getting feeding problems, I suspect it is because the slide is not being cycled energentically enough, which likely means it needs more energy and less spring.
Physics is stupid

Lol I'm kidding but doesnt heavier bullet weight force the slide back with an equal force

Ergo lighter bullet going faster isnt the same in transferred energy to the shooter as heavier going back slower

Idk

Physics is stupid

Lol I'm kidding but doesnt heavier bullet weight force the slide back with an equal force

Ergo lighter bullet going faster isnt the same in transferred energy to the shooter as heavier going back slower

Idk
Kinetic energy is proportional to the square of velocity.

From what I understand, the folks who shoot 9mm major typically use 115 or 124 gr bullets, not 147.

@M1911 @jkelly1229 i have tried 124 gr over autocomp so far. I am up for trying any combo though. It could be that. What powder and grain combo do you recommend?

I would have thought that maybe pushing a 147 fast could do it?

@Supermoto I will give that a go for sure. The kit I got from sprinco that is 13,15,17.

@M1911 @jkelly1229 i have tried 124 gr over autocomp so far. I am up for trying any combo though. It could be that. What powder and grain combo do you recommend?

@Supermoto I will give that a go for sure. The kit I got from sprinco that is 13,15,17.
Guys who use comps generally prefer lighter bullets, not heavier. Try a lighter spring and a hot 115 or 124.

You need to find what powder combo works best for you and your gun. You might find with powders you have now, a little bump will get you reliable ejection. But you don't want to use a 147. As M1911, you want a lighter bullet, 115 or 124 to get the gasses to work the comp. Then tune the powder charge and recoil spring for reliability and recoil impulse. The good news is that your comp is working well enough to slow down your slide, now you just need to speed the slide up again. If you had put the comp on and didn't need a lower recoil spring, then the comp isn't effective.

@M1911 @Supermoto yes I have seen some stuff about 9mm major. They seem to mostly run 124’s.

I will try a few different powders and see what works. For more muzzle pressure I probably want a slower burning powder then right? Slow but also high velocity?

@M1911 oh ok. Mine has sunshades so I believe it should work.

I noticed this nick on my barrel tonight. What could that be from?

Attachments

• IMG_5886.jpeg
    IMG_5886.jpeg
    973 KB · Views: 23
Update!
I filled down that little gouge enough so it wasn’t rough to the touch.
I noticed my rmr screw was barely touching the extractor plunger rod so I filled down the screw so that it would not touch the plunger.
I put in a new spring on the plunger.
I also changed the saftey plunger spring and the striker for a lighter pull.
I put the 15lb recoil spring in.
I ran some hotter reloaded 124gr’s and a bunch of factory herters and blazer ammo. Both 115 grain. All fired and ejected flawlessly. Not a single malfunction. I noticed with my reloads the ejection was much stronger than with the factory but that was to be expected.

Update!
I filled down that little gouge enough so it wasn’t rough to the touch.
I noticed my rmr screw was barely touching the extractor plunger rod so I filled down the screw so that it would not touch the plunger.
I put in a new spring on the plunger.
I also changed the saftey plunger spring and the striker for a lighter pull.
I put the 15lb recoil spring in.
I ran some hotter reloaded 124gr’s and a bunch of factory herters and blazer ammo. Both 115 grain. All fired and ejected flawlessly. Not a single malfunction. I noticed with my reloads the ejection was much stronger than with the factory but that was to be expected.
Kickass.

Pics? Maybe some slow mo of it cycling? just for shits n gigs

Back
Top Bottom