It's time....and I need your help. *****UPDATE IN POST 1*****

To find retailers with skin in the game, look at advertisers on this and other 2A friendly forums.

A business presented with a petition representing the 15k+ participants on NES is going to listen closer than a business that runs a four line ad in the back of Popular Mechanics.

Run a poll here and elsewhere asking members to id the merchants they frequent.

Sent from my chimney using smoke signals.

+1 DrRanson. Most people have no idea what that means, but would look it up if it directed them to a site. It's like any guerilla campaign, where you lure them in with an image, then have them research what it means. This would be where a website developer would come in handy.

I doubt most people would care about or remember anything past 5 minutes from seeing it.
If there is something for someone to actually take and put in their pocket then I think there is a much better chance they will look it up later.
Maybe put up tear off posters like this, or leave stacks of business cards laying around places:
4d657f7fa4817.jpg

I doubt most people would care about or remember anything past 5 minutes from seeing it.
If there is something for someone to actually take and put in their pocket then I think there is a much better chance they will look it up later.
Maybe put up tear off posters like this, or leave stacks of business cards laying around places:
4d657f7fa4817.jpg

HK drummer and I have already talked about 3x5 glossy cards that are red and with white letters simply say "Its Time" on one side then on the other would have more info. these are all the types of things that will be discussed and decided upon at the impending meeting

Not to seem like an artard, but when is this meeting and where?

And when the place/time is chosen, can we make an announcement on the homepage of NES? This thread is too big and everyone is talking about too many things for me or someone thats lurking to follow.

Oh, wait, is that the line from 300 that all the gun show guys wear on their shirts? Probably not the best motto for peaceful political action.

- - - Updated - - -

And when the place/time is chosen, can we make an announcement on the homepage of NES? This thread is too big and everyone is talking about too many things for me or someone thats lurking to follow.

They need to know where the ATF Tac teams should be. ;p

I'm putting together an email as I type this to get everyones location and free time in the next week. We'll go from there

Greek, Latin... French, German... If the majority of the population can't read it, it doesn't matter. I have to say though, we'd be far better off using Spanish.[smile]

This. I have to keep looking it up myself. In fact, I've already forgotten the translation.

One thought is to identify a spokesperson (from GOAL if they're in?). Everyone else is issued cards with that person's info and is instructed NOT to speak to the press.

"We'd like all questions and interviews to be directed at our spokesperson. His/her name is soandso and his/her contact information is on this card. Thank you for covering our rally."

Doesnt Yahoo have some spam filter that keeps people from sending to more then a certin number of people? I know most other programs seem to have one

They do for new email accounts. I tried creating a new address for this, but it blocked me out.

Email was sent from my personal account please let me know if it went through

Will 1,000,000 pro 2nd peeps showing up at state capitols do anything to make the politicians notice? Probably not. Will 1000+ rifle carrying people a each capitol make people take notice?

One issue that I see is travel distance to get to a single event. With enough respondents, a coordinated rally on several state houses would demand attention. This would only take a few hundred per location if NH,MA,RI, and CT state house steps were covered.

To reduce the ability to counter protest, scheduling a rally during finals week of any local college would be great. This may push the rally date out too far though.

Open Invitation - Taunton, MA
If needed, I can host meeting/get together at my house. Should be enough room unless there are more than 40 or so. If it gets that large then I might be able to use the club house at the range.

Will 1,000,000 pro 2nd peeps showing up at state capitols do anything to make the politicians notice? Probably not. Will 1000+ rifle carrying people a each capitol make people take notice?
I have said this before, an armed peaceful march by 1000 or more at various statehouses will get noticed very quickly, but if the .gov gets all nervous and does something stupid, well, then all bets are off.

Back
Top Bottom