I've made a 9mm life decision-Need suggestions

I bought a G-17 for my first gun. I like it, but I really need to try other calibers and other makers. If I had to do over I would have gone for the G-19, the 17 can be carried but it's not comfortable at all for me.

Well, if you absolutely have to go 9mm, you might as well get a 9mm revolver to round out your collection.
The mags from your bottom feeders will make nifty "speedloaders".

357Blackhawk-vi.jpg

This is the Ruger .357 Blackhawk. This one was made in '75. The stainless gun has never been offered as a convertable from the factory. The blued 9mm cylinder was picked up on eBay. The blued model is still offered as a convertable from the factory.
The 9mm is surprisingly accurate with jacketed bullets and shoots very close to the same point of aim as the .357.

I agree with a prior poster's assessment on buying the compact model. In my case I bought a 22 and now wish I had gotten a 23. Oops.

I can't believe I am actually considering buying a Glock which I have spent my whole life hating the sight of.

I can relate to this. My first Glock was a 23 and I hated it and subsequently hated all Glocks. Then I shot a G17 and now I'm in love. I like that I can do all my own work to it just by replacing parts that are cheap and easy to get. No more trips to the gunsmith where every little thing costs time and money. My advice is unless you specifically want to carry it you should get the biggest model. It will be easier to shoot and have a longer sight radius to improve your accuracy. Provided of course that it fits in your hands. The only thing better than a Glock is a Glock with TruGrip grip tape wrapped around it. I'm looking to add a few more to my collection if I can find them.
-Cuz.

Good choice with the P99. I got one of the newer P99AS in 9mm and it has become my favorite handgun. Can't believe you don't like Sigs, though. Love them.

So you fell in love with the 9mm round? I can understand that, especially in the P99. But, have you tried .357Sig? I must say I prefer it to the 9mm.

Back
Top Bottom