• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Job lot snow shoes?

Actually I have, picked them up last winter but didn't use them until this yesterday for my three day winter camping trip we do every year. Our trip last year didn't have any snow so they sat in the shed until Sunday. I will say that for the price you cant beat it. They worked as expected and lasted the trip. I'm not sure how much I will actually use them other than once a year so the price was right.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man. For the price I thought the same thing, I just didn't want to get a total POS... ;-)

i do a little snow shoeing & dont like those tube frame snowshoes. I got a pair of the MSR Ascent shoes with flat metal frames with traction teeth all around the frame. I paid a hundred bucks for them on sale from EMS but if you get into steep or icy terrain, youre gonna want better traction than tubes. my buddy was wearing them last time we went out and he was sliding all over the place, and mine dug in like i was wearing crampons.

Santa brought those Christmas 2011. Of course, that was the reason we had no snow last year. The kids got to use them twice so far this year. I hope they haven't outgrown them by next year, or that we get some good powder dumps in what is left of January, February, and March.

Back
Top Bottom