• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just another 1945 Enfield restoration

MJ1

To this in just ten years.

28IqUlt.jpg

EMimvJu.jpg

I did have the original numbered under the socket with receiver #s butt.

foeoadX.jpg

...........Cheers...........

It has been a joy to do and a lot of the time frustratingly slow. I had a lot of help from around the world and I'm very thankful for the asstance form information to bits and pieces. Just last night I received a copy of the work sheet on the scope from England. It will make provenience in the future for this rifle that more interesting. Also I have 200 rounds of bright and shiny 1976 Greek HXP set aside for testing and zeroing if the ranges ever open again.

I hope everyone has enjoyed this journey as much as I have.

..MJ..

0dmOTVy.jpg

I0VGkVS.jpg

I will be living on these for a time. LOL

72cEMcq.jpg

Ranges are closed.

This is where I started.

KCnbrlD.jpg
You did an awesome job.

Lee-Enfields are my favorite milsurp. I have more than I need, but fewer than I want. I don't have a 4(T) or a No.5, nor any likely chance of adding them at current prices.

I have a few sporters, no real Bubba jobs, but I've never really pursued restoration. The best candidate is a Lithgow that deserves some lovely lacewood or coachwood. I just don't have the patience to stalk all the auctions and sales sites. Straight retail is mostly out, especially after Australia went full batsh*t on exporting gun parts.

You did an awesome job.

Lee-Enfields are my favorite milsurp. I have more than I need, but fewer than I want. I don't have a 4(T) or a No.5, nor any likely chance of adding them at current prices.

I have a few sporters, no real Bubba jobs, but I've never really pursued restoration. The best candidate is a Lithgow that deserves some lovely lacewood or coachwood. I just don't have the patience to stalk all the auctions and sales sites. Straight retail is mostly out, especially after Australia went full batsh*t on exporting gun parts.

I can buy all the parts I need for my own SMLE restoration from Numrich. I estimate that everything I'll need is going to be around $400. No. 4s have cheaper parts than No. 1 MkIIIs.

However, if you're trying to only use Lithgow parts, you're obviously going to have a much harder time.

Yeah, what everyone else is saying: looks good.

For every Enfield resto there seem to be about six Mauser restos, which always makes me sad. I love Enfields.

I used to own the full set, but I'm down to nothing but the matching No 5 I got in Los Angeles many years ago and a pristine Pattern 14 I can't see ever letting go. Enfields were my earliest collecting interest and I've moved on, but I'd still probably jump on an all-original SMLE with the mag cutoff.

That's one rifle I really don't know anything about and I've only fired one once. Some day I'd like to get one of the Ishapore 7.62 Nato rifles so I don't have to start reloading yet ANOTHER caliber. ;)

OMG! Is that a genuine No 5 bayonet, or one of the aftermarket copies that doesn't fit?

Back
Top Bottom