JUST "ANOTHER" HEADS UP...

For those interested in a truly fine quality (IMHO) electronic earmuffs, at a very decent price, this might be right down your alley.

I have used the NON-electronic muffs for so long I didn’t think I needed the electronic type…that was till I read that you can hear range commands and people talking much better with the electronic ones and you can even increase amplification anywhere up to 250%, plus an NRR of 31 hearing protection! I have cut and pasted the site link and info from Ebay so you can read it at your convenience. It has more “bells and whistles” than I probably will ever use but what the heck, sometimes I’m worth it! LOL!!!

They are $48.89 plus about $13.50 for S&H. Check it out if you have the need, they're on EBAY. Good luck folks.

############################################################################

http://cgi.ebay.com/Electronic-Hearing-Ear-Protection-Muffs-Tactical-Muff_W0QQitemZ260120622984QQihZ016QQcategoryZ73942QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ShippingPayment[/

Pick your color Black or Camo.

Let us know your choice of color when you pay for your item!

Up for bid are new sets of 6 channel surround sound electronic earmuffs.
These are the BEST Electronic Muffs on the market. Do some research and see for yourself.

These are high quality "Over and Out" brand made by Hyskore.

Our Prices are Cheap our Product is NOT!

This Price is for a limited time!
1 set or pair = 1 item or headset.
NRR of 31 <-----(COMPARE THIS RATING, some seller don't list the rating because it is low.) The Higher the NRR the better the protection.
True surround sound! The Over & Out 6 Channel Electronic Hearing Protector with LED Lighting is the most advanced available. It has more desirable and functional features than any other hearing protection device.

With true 6 Channel Stereo reception. You can hear where the noise came from. Each ear pod has 3 microphones, 3 speakers and 3 separate amplification circuits for AV quality reception.

Choose either impulse or compression protection with the flick of a switch.
The impulse circuit provides maximum protection by stopping transmission to the speakers when outside sounds exceed 85 dB.

The compression circuit filters out sounds above 6K Hz (the normal range of human voice). This position allows the user to hear conversation, such as range commands, but filters out sounds like gun shots.

MP3 / Ipod and Communicator input and amplification. The Over & Out hearing protector can interface with either an MP3 / Ipod (or similar device) or a communicator (Talkabout or Walkie Talkie) By selecting the MP3 / Ipod position the compression and impulse circuits will not function. Only the MP3 / Ipod signals will be received. Use the Over & Out to amplify the MP3 / Ipod signal. The MP3 function is also active in the compression and impulse modes.

Five ultra bright white LED's light the way to the front. While walking in the dark or when hands free light is required, this is the perfect solution. Three Red LED's face to the rear to act as safety beacon that clearly identifies and marks the position of the wearer. Operates off AA batteries, not included.

MP3 / Ipod and Communicator input and amplification Compression or impulse protection Automatic turn off after approx. 2 hrs of inactivity LED equipped with a multi function selector Five ultra bright white LED's light the way to the front LED's have their own power supply and switch Three Red LED's face to the rear as safety beacon

Independent volume controls for balancing sound Head band adjusts up to 3/4" on each side Comfortable AV quality ear and head cushions 250% Amplification. That far off sound can be heard.

Item includes 6 Channel high definition ear muffs, 2 connection cables for desired hook-ups, complete instruction manual and the confidence of a 1 year warranty.

Not heavy on your head ~ Very comfortable indeed!

The "Over and Out" brand made by Hyskore did look a bit bulky to me also when I first spotted them and with two AA batteries in each muff I thought they could be on the heavy side also. Once you have these rascals on your noggin though, they are the most comfortable I believe I’ve ever worn. The padding around the ears is excellent and the soft padded headband that goes over your head make these a delight to wear and you really don’t feel any discomfort that you might with many other types. With some earmuffs you always feel some pressure against your head, not so much at all with these.

I’m going to feel a little guilty now when I take a guest to the range and hand them the regular muffs that I use for guests (and I used to use). With the price being so very decent I just may purchase an extra set for guests and give the guilt trip the slip.

My greatest complaint with the electronic muffs was that they did a very poor job of actually protecting you from noise; the NRR's were in the mid-20's at best. I've been using NRR 31 muffs for years and just found the new "best;" NRR 33.

I'd get electronic muffs IF the NRR were truly as high as 31. Do these muffs truly keep the noise OUT?

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

In my opinion they do an extraordinary job, in every aspect. I even tried to defeat them in different ways and ended up marveling at the way they performed. My days of lifting one muff off my ear, over and over, to hear what someone is saying IS OVER!!!!

You can be listening to speech (radio in this case) and then I used double wood boards to produce the loud sharp report clapping them together (easier than at the range). Without protection my ears rang, I didn’t realize just how sharp a report the boards would make, live and learn huh? I then tried clapping them as hard as I can in each mode and to my delight and surprise they did a splendid job, just as advertised.

I read reviews on other muffs that had somewhat similar electronics and some reviewers said they were disappointed because when their muffs clipped to shut out the loud report they wouldn’t come right back to the normal hearing stage. Some said it took from three to over five seconds at times for them to return to normal.

Not so with these “OVER and OUT” muffs. You would swear that the boards just didn’t make a report when you slapped them together and listening to the radio only had a minuscule gap in being able to hear completely everything said. This is perfect for hearing range commands during live fire.

Another item I liked about these muffs are the independent, left & right, volume controls. My hearing is diminished somewhat in my left ear and with these muffs all I have to do is adjust the left muff to the volume I want and then bring up the right to match it, perfect.

The six mikes and speakers (surround sound) work well also. While sitting in a room I could hear the fan in one direction, radio in another and calendar flapping in the breeze in yet another. I also like that they shut themselves off after two hours if not in use…I’m one person, I'm sorry to say, that just might put them away and forget to turn them off.

Read up on all the different muffs out there on the Net and decide for yourself. I know that I did myself proud with these rascals and don’t feel the least queasy about recommending them to others. If you don’t like them I believe they give your money back, don’t they? Good luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:
MP3 / Ipod and Communicator input and amplification. The Over & Out hearing protector can interface with either an MP3 / Ipod (or similar device) or a communicator (Talkabout or Walkie Talkie) By selecting the MP3 / Ipod position the compression and impulse circuits will not function. Only the MP3 / Ipod signals will be received. Use the Over & Out to amplify the MP3 / Ipod signal. The MP3 function is also active in the compression and impulse modes.

This has me tempted even though I don't need another set of muffs. Would be neat listening to tune and slinging lead at the same time.[smile]

Just bought a pair. I'll let you all know how they work when I get them.

Fooped ~ When I tried the cable that came with the muffs and plugged it into my stereo I could hear everything clear but I wouldn't say it was true fidelity. I don't believe you get nearly the same quality sound as you would with the MP3/Ipod phones plugged right into your ears.

What I want to try is using my voice recorder with range commands plugged into the muffs and see how practice goes with that setup. Ah, I have all summer to fart around with them. I'll be interested in your take on the muffs.

Just ordered a set myself and will give an opinion once I test them. My ears already ring like a door bell ( not from shooting BTW noise from work) and I wear earplugs and its annoying
because when someone is trying to say something to me I got that "HUH,WADYA SAY" look on my face.
Another question I will answer is how snug are they? I wear glasses and haven't had good luck in getting a pair of muffs that give a good seal at the ears.

My greatest complaint with the electronic muffs was that they did a very poor job of actually protecting you from noise; the NRR's were in the mid-20's at best. I've been using NRR 31 muffs for years and just found the new "best;" NRR 33.

I'd get electronic muffs IF the NRR were truly as high as 31. Do these muffs truly keep the noise OUT?

I was dissatisfied for a long time with poor electronic muffs as well. Here's something you may want to try: I use amplified electronic muffs over NRR 33 soft "foamie" ear plugs. The foamies take care of most of the noise reduction, and the amplification "restores" my ability to hear all conversation and range commands. Works well for me.

That's a great price. I paid about $200 for my Pro Ear muffs about 3 or so years ago. I can only speak for the Pro Ear but they work quite well. No cut-in-cut-out problems. 8X amplification, which can be rather interesting. I was at the range today and I could easily hear people talking normally that were at least 100 feet away from me. I do need to remember to talk LOUDLY to other people though, because the muffs aren't two-way; I hear them just fine but they're still saying "What? What?" to me and I'm like "Oh right, I'm supposed to still talk loudly if I want THEM to hear ME."

I agree with the complaint that the sound reduction isn't enough. It's fine for what I shoot, but if someone with a massive elephant gun arrives in the lane next to me, I still leave the range with a headache. If I could find some that were 33dB reduction, I'd probably want to upgrade.

I was dissatisfied for a long time with poor electronic muffs as well. Here's something you may want to try: I use amplified electronic muffs over NRR 33 soft "foamie" ear plugs. The foamies take care of most of the noise reduction, and the amplification "restores" my ability to hear all conversation and range commands. Works well for me.

+1 even though my electronic ones are (reportedly) 29db

Scrivener ~ I believe that the NRR-31 rating that the “Over and Out” state for these muffs are a true and accurate reading. I also believe they may be fairly new to the marketplace and that may be the part of the reason for the price being as low as it is. I’m of a mind to think that once they get known out in the shooting sports world that their price will increase (IMHO).

“Another question I will answer is how snug are they? I wear glasses and haven't had good luck in getting a pair of muffs that give a good seal at the ears.”

I wear glasses also (don’t we all?) and the padding on the ears are so soft and comfortable that I believe they snug up better to the glasses than the muffs with a somewhat more stiff padding. Good luck and I’ll be interested in reading your critique on the muffs.

“Another question I will answer is how snug are they? I wear glasses and haven't had good luck in getting a pair of muffs that give a good seal at the ears.”

I wear glasses also (don’t we all?) and the padding on the ears are so soft and comfortable that I believe they snug up better to the glasses than the muffs with a somewhat more stiff padding. Good luck and I’ll be interested in reading your critique on the muffs.

It is important to remember that the NRR is based on the muff WITHOUT glasses. The earpiece of the glasses does reduce effectiveness. Another reason to plug up as well as wear the muffs.

EVERYONE should be wearing glasses on the line!!

Yes, some muffs are "difficult" to seal properly with glasses, but they should all be designed (and tested) with glasses as part of the equation.

I use a set of those custom plugs underneath my set of muffs... you know,
the ones the guy (Mike Haas?) sells at the gun show. The attenuation is
not that great (I should probably have mike look at them) but what I like about
them is I can keep them in my ears all day long, without pain. They
provide another 15-20 db or so (guestimation) over whatever the muffs do, and
get me into the 30+ NRR range. They've also saved my ass a few times
when I had muffs off and someone started shooting. (still a loud experience, but
-nothing- like being unplugged/unmuffed.)

If I had electronic muffs I would do the same thing, some kind of plugs
underneath. One other guy I shoot with on a regular basis does this, and
it works great for him... can still hear people, range commands, etc, but
ears are adequately protected from gunfire.

Of course, these are all guestimates compared to NRR 33 MAX plugs that I
sometimes use when shooting rifles. Although those plugs work GREAT,
they bother my ears after a 2-3 hours on a good day, and after an hour or so
on a bad day.

-Mike

EVERYONE should be wearing glasses on the line!!

Yes, some muffs are "difficult" to seal properly with glasses, but they should all be designed (and tested) with glasses as part of the equation.

I think that is not possible Len. Your glasses are different from mine are different from the next guys. What if you are wearing those awful disposable things with the huge ear pieces?

I would not assume they are tested with glasses in place. I would bet $$ there is some ANSI certified test head they are put on, and that dummy doesn't wear glasses (kind of like the dummies on the line without glasses![wink])

Just looked at these. I have a pair that are almost as bulky as these but still a bit thinner. Even with the thinner ones, getting a proper cheek weld on a rifle with iron sites is problematic. I find that the bottom of the muff gets pushed up by the rifle stock, causing it to lift slightly up, and inhibiting the muff's ability to properly protect my hearing.

Just got mine, and they are something else!

Good things:

1: Every switch, gadget, knob, gizmo and doodad that any one could ever ask for in a set of headphones.

a) Fairly bright white led cluster on the front. Bright enough to find your stuff when you're still at the range and the sun is going down.

b) Smaller red led cluster on the back for added shooter visibility.

c) MP3 player input (Sorry Jim, no shameless plug for a Crappod), replete with connecting cable.

d) Very comfortable, and although I haven't taken them to the range yet, the noise reduction seems quite significant.

e) The multi position audio is outstanding! Particularly in the event of a zombie attack, you'd know just what direction they would be shambling towards you from.

Not so good things:

1. HUGE. Like air traffic controller huge. I don't do much rifle shooting, but I imagine that these bad mamma-jammas might interfere with getting a good cheek weld.

Things that could be good or bad:

1. You look like Lobot from ESB while wearing them. I personally kinda like this.

All in all, money well spent.

1. HUGE. Like air traffic controller huge. I don't do much rifle shooting, but I imagine that these bad mamma-jammas might interfere with getting a good cheek weld.

I think the earplugs someone mentioned would come in handy in that case, shooting rifle wearing them under the muffs or just the earplugs alone.

Fingers in ears just doesn't seem to make it! LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom