Just gave one of Deval Patrick's aides an earful

the governor is a whiner who can do sh$t, his mind belongs to someone else, Obama, Sarah Brady,
Bloomberg, Menino, pick one you like, he's lead by the nose and kicked in the ass.

"No, I'm sorry, Governor... you can't purchase a new Glock in this state because it's not safe enough for you. Why? I have no idea; ask your Attorney General. No, I don't think she has any idea, either.

[laugh] That would be awesome.

Here's the contact info:
Boston, MA Massachusetts State House
Office of the Governor
Room 280
Boston, MA 02133

Phone: 617.725.4005
888.870.7770 (in state)
Fax: 617.727.9725
TTY: 617.727.3666

That was a subtle hint.

I'll call first chance I get (next week sometime), and I don't even live in Mass. Here's another subtle hint for MA gun owners who don't like being force fed crap laws.

I'd love to give you my name and contact info so you can call them for me!

Huh? We don't need one really well spoken guy to make phone calls for other people. We need every regular Tom, Dick & Harry to make polite phone calls explaining how these laws negatively affect their personal way of life.

Huh? We don't need one really well spoken guy to make phone calls for other people. We need every regular Tom, Dick & Harry to make polite phone calls explaining how these laws negatively affect their personal way of life.
This...

I think those of us who ask little more of our government than to stay the hell out of our lives forget how inundated they are with people whining for handouts and government to "fix" everything. There is no counter voice to this noise that even comes close in magnitude.

If "we" called as often to point out these issues as other people call to whine about trivial issues or their own failings I assure you they would have a very different impression of what "the people want" than they do now. Now whether they would behave any differently, I cannot say. However, I can say that from their side, they don't even know we exist in the numbers that we do.

Now whether they would behave any differently, I cannot say. However, I can say that from their side, they don't even know we exist in the numbers that we do.

Yup. If we at least make an honest effort, we'll at least be doing something. The minimal effort required is worth it based on all the potential good results.

Back
Top Bottom