Just wanted to show you guys the new twins!

Glock 26 1st mag loaded with Winchester PDX1 124gr +P bonded. Backup mag loaded with 124gr +p golden saber.

G26.jpg

Glock 27 1st mag loaded with 180gr Golden saber. Backup mag loaded with 135gr federal EFMJ.

G27.jpg

Last edited:
Nice!

Why carry spare magazines with different loads? Just curious is all.

I carry Federal HST 147gr in my 26 and the spare mag.

Nice!

Why carry spare magazines with different loads? Just curious is all.

I carry Federal HST 147gr in my 26 and the spare mag.

I have some HST and some 9BP and some Ranger oh and gold dot in 9mm. With glock I carry whatever I have on hand in the Mags. Glocks will eat whatever you feed it and I always carry good ammo so never worried.

40 I have the EFMJ and some gold dot got to get some HST in 40SW.

Sometimes you my need a bonded load other times you may need a faster load.

I have some HST and some 9BP and some Ranger oh and gold dot in 9mm. With glock I carry whatever I have on hand in the Mags. Glocks will eat whatever you feed it and I always carry good ammo so never worried.

Gotcha. I thought you might have had a specific tactical reason for carrying two different loads, but it sounds like you just have lots of different ammo brands/types and you're right, a Glock with eat them all [smile]

Sometimes you my need a bonded load other times you may need a faster load.

Can you school me on what situations would call for bonded rounds vs faster rounds?

In my home defense gun, Glock 19, I use Hornady's Critical Defense 115gr round because of the guaranteed expansion of the round. So if I miss my intended target, the Hornady round will expand upon hitting a wall and will have less of a chance to over penetrate.

Apparently, regular hollow points, once they enter the wall, may get their hollow filled with dry wall, etc, and essentially become a jacketed round and continue on through multiples walls and over penetrate.

I live in the city... so if a round over penetrates and leaves my house... there's a 99% chance that after going about 30 feet in any direction, that round will be hitting another house = bad.

In my Glock 26 that I carry everywhere, however, I carry the Federal HST 147gr because I want the penetration of the heavier round (through layered clothing, glass, etc).

I'm not sure why I just explained why I carry what I carry... [laugh]... but I am definitely interested in what circumstances would call for a bonded round vs faster round.

Last edited:
I got the boxes of 50. I'm not sure what Dicks has though.

I really wish I could find more [sad]

[laugh]

Hey Derek... It's clear that you dislike Glocks... [smile]... but I'm just curious what your favorite pistol brand/model is... I'm not sure I've ever seen it posted on NES before.

Sorry for the hijack!

[laugh]

Hey Derek... It's clear that you dislike Glocks... [smile]... but I'm just curious what your favorite pistol brand/model is... I'm not sure I've ever seen it posted on NES before.

Sorry for the hijack!

I carry a HK USPc 45. [grin]

And for the record, I think Glocks are fine and shoot well. I just wouldn't own one. [wink]

Found the perfect holsters for your Glocks...

[slap] You're just jealous that you don't have the finer sensibilities and sauve faire to own either of these handguns. [thinking] I can appreciate that lowering of expectations considering your stint in the Crotch as well as your neanderthal predilictions for the Window-based PC.

Love ya Boss!
hug.gif
[smile]

Back
Top Bottom