Just went shooting for the first time.

Well, not the true first time. I had fired two shots through a pistol years ago and some rounds through rifles a few months ago but this was the first time I really shot a lot and the best part is it's the first time I shot my gun (Beretta 92FS).

I really liked the gun, fed 200 rounds through it, shot well, obviously accuracy wasn't as good as I'd like but that will come with time.

I was at Bob's Original Tactical in Salisbury. My friend shot for the first time (he shot 100, I shot 100) and really enjoyed it too.

This is the first and only gun I have bought and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to shooting more in the future.

You'll be happy with the 92FS for years to come. I liked my brother's so much, that I bought one for myself. Good luck, and enjoy! - Mike

the best part is it's the first time I shot my gun (Beretta 92FS).
Congrats! "You've taken your first step into a larger universe".

And thanks. Your words just brought a smile to my face as I remembered an outing to Hudson County Pistol Range about 28 years ago with my new (to me) S&W Model 19. [grin]

Oh, yeah... one more thing. Don't EVER sell that thing. You'll regret it.

Welcome to the sport. You picked an excellent gun for a new shooter if you're going centerfire. The 92fs shoots very well and is easy as pie to maintain.

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

HHRG is closer than Bobs. Cheaper too.[wink]

I have to ask, what/where is HHRG?

Georgetown Fish and Game is even closer [wink]

I'm down the street in Rowley, feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any local assistance or a tour at G-town.

I am right next door so I may do that. Thanks!

Congrats! How did you like Bobs?

I enjoyed it. Wasn't to busy (there was one point we had the range to ourselves) so all and all I have no complaints about the place.

Thanks for all the kind words folks.

I have to ask, what/where is HHRG?

I am right next door so I may do that. Thanks!

I enjoyed it. Wasn't to busy (there was one point we had the range to ourselves) so all and all I have no complaints about the place.

Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun. Next BOD Meeting to join is monday the 30th I should be there for other reasons.

Haverhill Hound Rod and Gun. Next BOD Meeting to join is monday the 30th I should be there for other reasons.
I'll be there to submit my membership application! Can't wait; I've got two new-to-me guns and 1K rounds for each, and haven't been able to shoot either since I've taken possession of them! I'll also be meeting DirtyPacMan there to purchase a few hundred rounds for my yet-to-be-shot P22.

To Smerri: Congrats on getting back into it! I took my required safety course at HHRG from Jerry Dennig, also a member of the Board of Directors, and that was the first time I'd gotten to fire pistols since '93! After that, I went to Bob's a few times; the first with my wife (it was her first time ever), and the next time we took my stepdaughter (she loved it!). Since then, I got to put 50 rounds through the M&P 9c that I was buying from an NES member @ Cape Ann Sportsmens Club, and now I'm just waiting for my membership to be approved @ HHRG so I can officially start shooting my "own" guns!

HHRG is less than 4 miles from my house, so I can't beat the location!

Wherever you end up joining, good luck and enjoy![smile]

Congrats! "You've taken your first step into a larger universe".

And thanks. Your words just brought a smile to my face as I remembered an outing to Hudson County Pistol Range about 28 years ago with my new (to me) S&W Model 19. [grin]

Oh, yeah... one more thing. Don't EVER sell that thing. You'll regret it.

I second the "don't ever sell that thing!".

Guns are some of the few REAL items that you can resell for close to or more than you bought it for years after enjoying it and caring for it. Beats diamonds and gold! Ever try to sell a 1ct diamond appraised for $4500? "Okay sir, I'll give you $900 for it." LOL Guns are an investment - enjoy!

Unfortunately Monday's are not good nights for me and I may be joining with a friend at another club. Haven't made up my mind yet though.

So.... what 'cha buying next? and Congrats!

I've been so tempted to head to the store and buy something new already but I am being good until January (after my vacation). I think I'd like a Sig P239 as a CCW gun but have tossed the idea around of maybe a M&P as well but really like the Sig (although I haven't shot either). I am sure that will be another thread come January though. (An AR15 is in my future too at some point).

--

Thanks for all the positive replies folks. I already can't wait to go shooting again.

Back
Top Bottom