• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kenwood TH-F35A Leaked

ToddDubya

NES Member
This has some digital stuff that looks interesting: digipeater, etc.

And it says multimode receive: SSB/CW. It would be boss as hell if it included those on transmit. Those features would loosen my wallet a notch.

I don't have my hopes up too high for all mode TX, and based on the prices I've seen for the 74 this bad Larry is gonna be expensive. But it's good to see them staying in the game and doing something the other guys aren't doing.

Well damn, I was just reading up on the D74A and it actually does most of the same stuff. I'll need to see a comparison once it's actually released.

Kenwood makes great radios. I love my TS-890, TS-590 and my NX-5000 line of radios. I wish I was going to Hamvention this year. I expect a few big announcements.

Got mine delivered today. Think I might still prefer my FT5D, although I do like some things on the D75. Guess it depends on if you use dstar or fusion. If nothing else, I might work on a Chirp driver, unless someone else is working on one.

My question always is do you really need a handheld? If this is the type of radio you need for day to day activity or work then yes handheld radios should be your choice. If not I don't understand why people end up collecting these things. I have 2 handhelds 1 has never been taken out of the box and the other hasent been used in over a year. NOW on the otherhand this radio seems to have a lot of extra options and if this is the type of radio you use most of the time and it won't put you in the poor house get it. More radios are better then no radios. This hobby is a habit. I know i have been hooked over the years, I got into the boat anchor thing for awhile, then the TEN-TEC thing and now into SDR. Get it you can always sell it later.

I was amped when I saw 2m SSB, but it's receive only. Still limited use, but would be cool.

And yeah, I've got a few HTs that get very little use. I bring them hiking sometimes but they're most often used when someone says "Hey, got a 2m radio handy? I need to check something." Even hiking I'm by myself and the mountains around here aren't exactly conducive to HT comms.

Back
Top Bottom