• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

laser cast bullets through H&K

Dirtypacman

NES Door Greeter
I have done some research and got conflicting opinions/facts.

Would you use lasercast bullets through an H&K or Glock Polygonal barrel?

http://www.laser-cast.com/AboutLaserCast.html

Looking at ordering some .45 but don't know if I should just stick with paying a bit more and not concerning myself with leading.

YES.

I shot hardcast bullets through my Glock 23 without incident. Not that I was stupid about it; the barrel was cleaned regularly and I would fire a few jacketed rounds at the end of a match.

Lasercast makes an excellent cast bullet and it should work fine.

I suggest a poly-coated bullet, such as Precision's, if you want even less threat of build-up.

Wonderful information Scrivener.

Yes I plan on cleaning after every use and will also do the old jacketed rounds at the end of my session.

I appreciate the quick feedback.

YES.

I shot hardcast bullets through my Glock 23 without incident. Not that I was stupid about it; the barrel was cleaned regularly and I would fire a few jacketed rounds at the end of a match.

Lasercast makes an excellent cast bullet and it should work fine.

I suggest a poly-coated bullet, such as Precision's, if you want even less threat of build-up.

He can get a Moly kit for short change. I use Cast Moly Bullets in a P1 and P6 for just that purpose. The Myth that surrounds moly is just that. jp

He can get a Moly kit for short change. I use Cast Moly Bullets in a P1 and P6 for just that purpose. The Myth that surrounds moly is just that. jp

If I'd meant moly, I'd have said that.

Polymer-coated bullets are encapsulated, reducing lead vapor. This makes them better than moly-coated bullets for indoor use. They are also much cleaner to handle when reloading and don't require the messy application process.

Poly bullets are also cleaner in the bore and very slick. You may need less propellant to make your power factor.

For pistol use, moly coating is of dubious value. In sharp contrast, poly coating has demonstrable advantages.

Back
Top Bottom