Lee Classic Cast Press $38.99 on May 30th

Mads props to Idano @ thehighroad for posting this.
Hey for anyone who is in the market for a good single stage press Graf & Sons is going to have the Lee Classic Cast Press on sale Wednesday May 30, for $38.99 that's half of their regular price. I just got the flier today in the mail and thought I would pass it on.
http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=272639
So mark your calendars. I don't load much rifle yet but I could always use another a good single stage.

These are great presses. The only thing I dont like is the cheap handle. I replaced the handle with a Dillon 650 ball handle and it runs like a champ. I love the spent primer system.

Excuse my reloading newbie nature, but what would be an appropriate set of rifle dies for this?

Lee Pacesetter Dies?
Lee RGB Series Rifle Reloading Dies?
Other?

Thanks [smile]

Yes of course it can be used for handgun rounds. The reason that folks are talking rifle rounds, is that most people who reload for pistol calibers will use what's called a progressive reloading press. Progressive reloading presses allow for much higher volume to be reloaded, as generally people shoot more handgun rounds, in less time than they do rifle rounds. Though some progressive presses are also suitable for reloading rifle rounds in high volume as well.

Many people will tell the beginner reloader to start on a single stage press like the one listed above. I say that's total and complete bullshit, and if you are going to be doing a high volume of shooting, start right away with a progressive machine. The process of reloading on a single stage press is very involved, and will take a lot of time to complete for not that great volume. When reloading on a single stage press, you have to "batch process" your reloads. So you would take say 100 empty cases, and resize them, then prime all of the cases, then change the die and bell out the top of the case, and charge with powder, then change the die to seat the bullet, and, then finally change the die again to crimp the case. This is acceptable for reloading a round that you don't shoot in high volume, but not very cost or time effective to do for large amounts of ammo.

Their out! They only had fifty of them at that price and they don't allow backordering.
[crying]

Back
Top Bottom