• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal Preban AR15

@ApexAlpha these sorts of questions come up all the time around here… guys get tired of answering… don’t take offense. This is really the best advice anyone can really give…

Typically the best approach is to call the licensing officer in your town and schedule an appointment with your CLEO. Simply explain what you want to build, and that you’d like to take a class. Many LEO’s arrange these kind of things on the side, but not really advertised because …MA… and they don’t want to appear too gunz crazy for the Democratic voter base. Typically though they are very, very helpful. If they can’t hook you up with someone, one option is to just ask them for a “Demo Letter” — plenty of guys use them to get firearms. Larry Vickers is well known in the industry and he amassed an impressive collection that way.

Most guys around here just stick to the firearms that can be easily obtained in state or a single shot shotgun like Biden recommends. What you’re looking to build up is a bit more exotic since some perceive ARs as “weapons of war” so definitely easier to go the CLEO route.

Best of luck

Interesting thing about an AR lower receiver…

Receiver Firearm
state of maUndefinedNo
FedsNoNo

I offer my legal advice for free on here but do accept Venmo donations.

I’m looking to build an AR I live in Massachusetts so you know how that goes. I read a few forums on where I should start the build but I’ve come across a few outdated recommendations that are not relevant to the new laws that are put out.
If you're looking to build one, why did you title the thread "Legal Preban AR15" ?

If you want a Legal Preban AR15, just go buy one. Plenty of local firearm shops sell them, because they're, you know, pre-ban and therefore legal.

Back
Top Bottom