• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal Preban AR15

I’m new to this group, I’m not familiar with what the rules may or may not be. Delete, if this goes against group policy.

I’m looking to build an AR I live in Massachusetts so you know how that goes. I read a few forums on where I should start the build but I’ve come across a few outdated recommendations that are not relevant to the new laws that are put out.

So with that said you guys are probably more educated with the laws and regulations than I am, what should my first step be regarding, parts and what I can and can’t own or purchase in store and or online.

I’m new to this group, I’m not familiar with what the rules may or may not be. Delete, if this goes against group policy.

I’m looking to build an AR I live in Massachusetts so you know how that goes. I read a few forums on where I should start the build but I’ve come across a few outdated recommendations that are not relevant to the new laws that are put out.

So with that said you guys are probably more educated with the laws and regulations than I am, what should my first step be regarding, parts and what I can and can’t own or purchase in store and or online.

Welcome to NES.

Unfortunately you have begun your membership on this forum with two questions which make your pedigree (for lack of a more suitable term) seem like that of a plant for the former notoriously anti-gun Massachusetts Attorney General.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.

There are already multiple threads that have answered these incredibly generic questions. It is recommended that you use the search toolbar at the top right of the web page and access those threads directly. Good luck.
Do this before you ask a lot of questions. Kind of a know before you know thing. General questions will get you roasted. But everybody has to crawl Before they walk.

Welcome to NES.

Unfortunately you have begun your membership on this forum with two questions which make your pedigree (for lack of a more suitable term) seem like that of a plant for the former notoriously anti-gun Massachusetts Attorney General.

Perhaps. Perhaps not.
Lmao damn y’all really eating me alive. I’m really just trynna build one befor SHTF

Lmao damn y’all really eating me alive. I’m really just trynna build one befor SHTF
The current laws are only a couple pages long and haven’t really changed since 94. You haven’t actually asked a question. You walked into a car, motorcycle, ATV meetup and said “I want to build my own, what now?” ARs can be 100 different things. Pistols, SBRs, preban, Others, regular old Vietnam style, pinned mag..

Start there.

Make the effort to read up on the 1994 AWB which was eventually adopted by MA and never dropped despite the expiration of the federal law. Build accordingly. Done.

Responses have been pretty tame. Even dumb questions are OK here, but dumb and lazy questions are not.

For the record, what exactly are these 'new' laws?

Your first post you use proper grammar and you speak as though you have some kind of education. Now you’re talking like you’re a cross between a hood rat and some kind of redneck jucket as though you are trying to fit in more as the lowly gun toting knuckle dragger that the elites think 2A supporters are. That raises my suspicion levels.

Go buy yourself a pre-1994 lower and put whatever you want on it and do whatever you want, other than that it’s illegal.. or vaguely legal at best

and by the way, I’m not voting for you healey.

Give you some idea of the market:

Easiest and most straightforward thing is, as others have mentioned, to buy a pre-94 rifle. They are regularly for sale in the NES classifieds. Prices are rape, but such is life in MA

Make the effort to read up on the 1994 AWB which was eventually adopted by MA and never dropped despite the expiration of the federal law. Build accordingly. Done.

Responses have been pretty tame. Even dumb questions are OK here, but dumb and lazy questions are not.

For the record, what exactly are these 'new' laws?
Like I said “you guys are more educated”. I’m very new to all this, so you pointing me into the direction of 1994 AWB and it still applies is new to me and was something I just learned from you, so what am I gonna do? Go and read said AWB and go from there.

Gotta learn to crawl before I walk, so guiding someone in the right direction respectfully is cool, but implying it’s a dumb and lazy question ain’t.

Thanks for the advice appreciate it 🙂

Are you looking for pre-ban or pre ban pre ban?
Your first post you use proper grammar and you speak as though you have some kind of education. Now you’re talking like you’re a cross between a hood rat and some kind of redneck jucket as though you are trying to fit in more as the lowly gun toting knuckle dragger that the elites think 2A supporters are. That raises my suspicion levels.
Lmao not the comment I aspected but I laughed out loud, that was funny. But nah I comment on these pages and ask serious question but y’all mfs on this page always so god damn serious. You guys on these groups roast me for talking ghetto or talking professional so how tf am I suppose to speak on a matter? Lol it’s crazy. I can either act white or act black y’all still would roast me. It is what it is but I’m really just trynna learn about building an AR in mass and what I can or can’t do lol y’all take it to serious 😅 it’s not that deep but I see why it raised your suspicion.

Lmao not the comment I aspected but I laughed out loud, that was funny. But nah I comment on these pages and ask serious question but y’all mfs on this page always so god damn serious. You guys on these groups roast me for talking ghetto or talking professional so how tf am I suppose to speak on a matter? Lol it’s crazy. I can either act white or act black y’all still would roast me. It is what it is but I’m really just trynna learn about building an AR in mass and what I can or can’t do lol y’all take it to serious 😅 it’s not that deep but I see why it raised your suspicion.

1699664776682149.jpg

Like I said “you guys are more educated”. I’m very new to all this, so you pointing me into the direction of 1994 AWB and it still applies is new to me and was something I just learned from you, so what am I gonna do? Go and read said AWB and go from there.

Gotta learn to crawl before I walk, so guiding someone in the right direction respectfully is cool, but implying it’s a dumb and lazy question ain’t.

You ca still build a new one. Just have to stay with in the rules. Sucks to be neutered here in Ma. But you can do it. Figure about $700 ball park. Nothings hard to get. You just need to stay smart about it.

LOL it is a bit lazy, but welcome to the madness anyway. A little more reading and you would have had the basics. There are a few of us who landed here from 'free' states and had the same questions that could mostly be answered via focused threads and/or FAQ's. Pay attention to the rules regarding 'evil features' in order to remain compliant. YRMV, but I don't recommend skirting the rules though some may say they are irrelevant and/or only enforced as an add-on when you are in trouble for something much bigger. You can buy / build a very effective AR within the AWB constraints.

Oh crap, I forgot to be inclusive so here's the edit:

In case OP is Millennial / Gen Z: Great job making the effort to ask others to hand feed you with information that is readily available! Now go ahead and feel free to make up your own interpretation of the laws because we are all special and deserve recognition for our creativity!

LOL now I am joking- just to make sure you feel at home here [laugh]. Seriously, this forum is much kinder and gentler than in days of yore. I suggest getting a good feel for the basics, try searching if you have questions, then if you are still stumped come back and post questions for your sincere answers plus a few smart-ass ones for good measure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom