Lena Miculek to SIG

nstassel

NES Member
The interwebs are abuzz with the switch of Lena M to SIG from SW and there's an undercurrent of "what do you expect given what happened at SW." What is the backstory to this mistreatment she suffered at the hands of Smith.

You better sell those M&Ps!!! Just kidding. I saw she made the switch but I have idea why.

If it was her treatment at S&W and not just a better deal, I would suspect it's S&W's focus on Julie Golob and Randi Rogers more than on her b/c of her name....

Aloha

Not a surprise pro shooters swap allegiances on a regular basis depending on the kind of deal that they get. Not the first time and it won't be the last.

-Mike

It doesn't appear that she had a falling out with S&W. In another forum, I read that SIG was involving her in product development, which might be the reason why she switched.

Lena Miculek -
Today marks a big change for me in my shooting career. Because of Smith & Wesson, I managed to rack up over 50 major titles and 4 world championships over the course of 3 years. However, I am now very excited to announce myself as an official member of Team Sig Sauer! I can't wait to put the P320 & M400 to the test this year in my competition season!
Thanks again to Smith & Wesson Corp. for supporting my passion of shooting and allowing me to go out and make a name for myself. I could not have done it without you guys!

Not a surprise pro shooters swap allegiances on a regular basis depending on the kind of deal that they get. Not the first time and it won't be the last.

-Mike
no different than any other pro athlete, ya go where the $ is...i mean respect is

But whose revolvers will she shoot?

As for loyalty, don't forget that R. Lee Ermey is pitching for Team Glock.

I met him at SEMA in Vegas in 2013.

I said to him "you really disapointed us 1911 guys when you started shilling for Glock"

He replied "Let me tell you, the 1911 is one fine fighting mans pistol, I own five of them myself, but the advantage to a Glock is you never have to clean it"

To that I said "My 1911's are stainless, I just throw them in the dishwasher"

[rofl]

I said to him "you really disapointed us 1911 guys when you started shilling for Glock"

He replied "Let me tell you, the 1911 is one fine fighting mans pistol, I own five of them myself, but the advantage to a Glock is you never have to clean it"

[rofl]

I'm sorry your idol switched allegiances ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife spoke to her and her mother at the babes with Bullets class. They told her that Lena is trying make a career as a Shooter. That is not easy to do. Her dad Jerry was a Full time S&W employee along with being a S&W sponsored shooter shooter and that made it work. Lena was not. She was focusing on the 3 gun events as they prize money was higher and She was Dominant. My guess is SIG offered to pay her enough to live on, and S&W did not as they are focused on some of their other lady shooters

What kind of money do the pro shooters make ?

I'm not sure how much the competition shooters make, but a guy like 22plinkster picked up enough sponsors that he quit his day job:

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of money do the pro shooters make ?

For sports like USPSA, There are very few pro shooters, 99% of the ones with logos are either buy the shirt or have minimal support and make no money.
There are a lot shooting teams which make people think they are sponsored

[rofl]

Isn't there a picture of the two of you in the one of the NES threads? I think that I saw one a while ago.

I'm not sure how much the competition shooters make, but a guy like 22plinkster picked up enough sponsors that he quit his day job:

That right there is a 21st century American success story.

That said, it doesn't sound like he got to quit his day job just due to sponsors. He transitioned from ADT install guy to SDI shooting instructor guy, so he does still have a day job, it's just that now it's firearms related.

Last edited by a moderator:
This. How else could you possibly explain someone like Jessie Abbate (Duff) switching from Glock to Taurus?

Years ago when I heard that Todd Jarrett was with Para I did a facepalm too. They must've paid him pretty good. [rofl]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom