• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Letter to the editor: We need national handgun registration

Teaching pigs to sing. I'm not gonna get worked up over this. Just keep rebutting the lies with truth. We are winning the argument because we speak the truth. Increasingly their lies fall on deaf ears. Lies like "50,000 handgun deaths in 20 months." Funny, the FBI says we have a grand total of 14,000 homicides per year, and the second most common tool is hands and feet.

Teaching pigs to sing. I'm not gonna get worked up over this. Just keep rebutting the lies with truth. We are winning the argument because we speak the truth. Increasingly their lies fall on deaf ears. Lies like "50,000 handgun deaths in 20 months." Funny, the FBI says we have a grand total of 14,000 homicides per year, and the second most common tool is hands and feet.

I saw that too. Same thing with the "nearly 100 school shootings". Total bunk.

When the facts don't support your argument, just make up your own set of facts. Lying with Stats 101.

They love that vehicle registration analogy (and licensing gun owners like drivers), don't they?

And, never once thinking about the other side of that coin.

William F. Klessens of Salem, NH has his head too far up his ass to envision the implications of giving The Government a detailed listing of who in this country owns exactly which guns. Nevermind the logistical impossibility of it all at this point.

Maybe he whines because he is a convicted felon who is not allowed to possess a firearm, and that he is so close to going over the edge, he likely knows he could not handle the responsibility of having one both psychologically or physically. He only whines becuase he can, he has that right, but I, as well as other NES members have the right as well to take that newspaper and make use of it the way it should be. That use is right under your dog or chosen pet, when it defecates.

he likely knows he could not handle the responsibility of having one

I have often wondered this about antis. They seem to think OTHER people are going to go postal if they have a gun around. But they're the ones always wishing violent death to their opponents. I suspect they know something about themselves that should cause any clear thinking person to worry. I've read the history books. I know what happens when you arm the progressives.

it would probably be a lot easier if I just became a criminal instead of a law abiding gun owner

bring on the registration

But it’s a lot smarter to at least put a dent into the complacency that so many criminals feel with their often untraceable, anonymous guns.
Wut?

Criminals do not care. They are way beyond complacency.

I wonder how many 4473's the ATF has indexed into a database (despite law prohibiting them from doing so) from shop closures / shutdowns, and covert scanning during audits?

You folks in NH need to close the border. [grin]

http://patch.com/users/william-f-klessens

"I've lived in Salem since October, 1980...another one of those transplanted Massachusettsites! I'm currently retired after a 25-year career with VERIZON (along with all the name changes over the years). I currently do a lot of writing, a variety of sports, working out, etc. and belong to the Salem Democrats. "

I have often wondered this about antis. They seem to think OTHER people are going to go postal if they have a gun around. But they're the ones always wishing violent death to their opponents. I suspect they know something about themselves that should cause any clear thinking person to worry. I've read the history books. I know what happens when you arm the progressives.

It's called Psychological Projection. Good thing to learn about, and use as a weapon in fighting the idiots.

Anti: "People shouldn't have guns! Neighbors will be shooting each other over simple things like noise, or trash barrels!"

You: "Tell us more about why you'd like to kill your neighbor."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

http://www.lifescript.com/well-bein...ection_dealing_with_undesirable_emotions.aspx

Last edited:

My guess is he's including suicides and justified shootings.

I saw that too. Same thing with the "nearly 100 school shootings". Total bunk.

When the facts don't support your argument, just make up your own set of facts. Lying with Stats 101.

He probably go this from the Mom's need action group, CNN took apart their claim of school shootings. They used as "school shootings" any shooting at or near a school, even if the school was closed, it involved people who were not students, etc. It was an absurd list but that's what you would expect from them.

It's called Psychological Projection. Good thing to learn about, and use as a weapon in fighting the idiots.

Anti: "People shouldn't have guns! Neighbors will be shooting each other over simple things like noise, or trash barrels!"

http://www.lifescript.com/well-bein...ection_dealing_with_undesirable_emotions.aspx

this x10 I always ask why they project their own sick fantasies and then they just get insanely angry . Hence proving my point that it is they who are unstable and couldn't responsibly own a firearm.

Pure emotional drivel. "I'm not responsible enough to own one, therefore nobody should have one.." Grow up and take some responsibility for a change..

People who rely on .gov to tell them right from wrong, who rely on the .gov to protect them from themselves, who trade freedom for perceived security - all have trouble understanding that human beings are capable of making decisions for themselves and for their own good in the pursuit of happiness.

They can have Massachusetts. I'm dropping out of MA as soon as I can.

I have friends and family who would not trust themselves with firearms and therefore want limitations applied to everyone across the board.

+1 for mentioning Projection. I could not think of this word prior, when I tried to author what I was thinking. Antis project their fears and self-distrust onto others.

images

This guy would like to give him a little "Input"

i don't understand the opposition to this national handgun registry...seems like a good idea to me.

it's not like historically such registries have ever been employed by tyrants and dictators to selectively target certain sections of the population. also, i am not familiar with any periods of history where the gov't used personal information against its own citizens.....nah that never happens.

besides, we know history almost never repeats itself and we are inherently protected in the USA.

move along now....please register your smart guns at www.smartgunregistry.ma

thank you.

Power hungry statists and their minions have been trying to get something like this for a long time. Remember that the nfa originally included handguns along with SBS and SBR.

This guy is a serial Liberal Democrat commentator. He's got quite a few columns going, very committed Liberal. As he stated, DemocRATS are about 50/50 in both houses of the NH government. It's only a matter of time till they turn NH into MA. They never give up.

71montess;4063101 It's only a matter of time till they turn NH into MA. They never give up.[/QUOTE said:
This^^^

When i read he was a transplant i wasn't shocked in the least.

More often than not its just a simple failure to mature to a full-fledged adult. Aware the need to use your brain to reason through problems rather than SMASH. As they like to say, "not using your reptile brain".

This is the ultimate consequence of the education system that has been created since the DoEd came into being. They've programmed people to fail to mature.

My response to a national gun registry is the need for a progressive liberal registry. If they have nothing to hide, they have nothing to worry about right? We'll only use it in case of crime and then law enforcement will have "the tools it needs" to solve the crime. They can rule your prints, DNA and fluid samples out right away with a 98.5% accuracy and I am sure the 1.5% dragged into the system will eventually be exonerated right? I mean, its not like the government has executed people based on mistaken identity even with science and tech available to them. Right???

When they tell me that's ridiculous, I tell them, I agree, THEIR idea IS ridiculous and I am glad they've seen things my way.

They love that vehicle registration analogy (and licensing gun owners like drivers), don't they?

And, never once thinking about the other side of that coin.

That really worries me. I've never registered my vehicle on a federal registry. I searched the internet, but couldn't find out how to federally register my vehicle. How do I do this? I don't want to go to federal prison for having an unregistered vehicle.

Maybe he would like gun owners to wear something on their clothing to identify them, maybe a Star of David? What could go wrong?

Back
Top Bottom