Load data for 147 9mm WST

A friend has asked me to load some 9mm with 147g. I typically load 5.0 g of WST, on a 124g plated bullet. This is my standard target load. However load data in 9mm is limited with WST. Anyone out there have any experience with a heavier bullet and this powder? I have plenty of WST at the moment.

Thanks

Using 147 gr Precision coated bullets and 3.3 gr of WST (Winchester Super Target) I got 846 fps out of a five in barrel. Even though this is not a max load, I strongly recommend that you start with a lower charge weight for your first rounds just to be safe.

I have never seen any pressure tested data for using WST in 9mm. I prefer to use WSF in 9mm for which there s an abundance of data.

Using 147 gr Precision coated bullets and 3.3 gr of WST (Winchester Super Target) I got 846 fps out of a five in barrel.

All over the interwebs people seem to like WST in 9mm. I found a 8lb jug recently so decided to give it a go.

I just choreographed my second batch of 147gr coated lead using WST

3.3 gr at 1.15 OAL out of my M&P pro 5" barrel averages 942 fps (138 PF)

This was at at 55 degrees, I understand WST is reverse temperature sensitive, meaning at 80 degrees I will have a slightly slower fps.

Back
Top Bottom