Local (MA) ATF contacts?

Hello everyone...

I bought a pistol through GB and I paid right away. Unfortunately, GB automatically sent the seller the info for my old FFL that was no longer in business. Once I saw this, I contacted the seller through GB messaging telling him to hold off until I send him a new FFL info, but it was too late and he had already shipped via UPS.

We figured: "oh well, it's insured, so when no one signs for it over three days, it will send back to him and then we can send to the real FFL". Unfortunately, the UPS driver appears to have faked the signature and left the package in front of the empty building. The seller realized it happen so he contacted the local PD in town so they could pick it up (only legal way to do it since I could not legally pick up the package).
Because of the contents, local PD had to investigate and involve the ATF. The ATF has been investigating now for 2 months and they haven't released the package. I keep talking with my local officer and he's awesome, but his hands are tied until the ATF gives the release... (which is expected since the package wasn't marked about the contents)...

I know my question is a long shot... but does anyone have any contacts at the local ATF office so I can speak with them and see if there's anything that can be done to expedite the release?

Thx!

Just call the field office in Boston, you don't need a specific name. They'll figure out who you need to talk to.

It sounds to me like he did not ship it with Adult signature required since that requires handing it to an actual adults, not just dropping it off, so ATF may be up his butt right now.

WOW
I hope you got your money back because the next question is who is the local PD going to release the package to IF the ATF authorizes them to release it?

They can't give it to you

They are not going to hand it back to UPS, I doubt UPS would accept it from them and then who would deliver it to a UPS Depot, declare it and pay for overnight shipping back to the originating FFL.

If in MA it may end up with one of the gun grabbing "bonded warehouses" where the fees will make recovery not only cost prohibitive but a hassle.

I did see something interesting at the LGS the other day, a Detective from some department ( I didn't ask and couldn't read his badge) walked in, plopped 2 "evidence" boxes on the counter and pretty much walked out. (not in MA)

It seems he was dropping off guns that had to be returned to the owner they were taken from and this FFL was the one the department used to do the background check to do so.

I watched as the FFL logged them in his bound book

WOW
I hope you got your money back because the next question is who is the local PD going to release the package to IF the ATF authorizes them to release it?

They can't give it to you

They are not going to hand it back to UPS, I doubt UPS would accept it from them and then who would deliver it to a UPS Depot, declare it and pay for overnight shipping back to the originating FFL.

If in MA it may end up with one of the gun grabbing "bonded warehouses" where the fees will make recovery not only cost prohibitive but a hassle.

I did see something interesting at the LGS the other day, a Detective from some department ( I didn't ask and couldn't read his badge) walked in, plopped 2 "evidence" boxes on the counter and pretty much walked out. (not in MA)

It seems he was dropping off guns that had to be returned to the owner they were taken from and this FFL was the one the department used to do the background check to do so.

I watched as the FFL logged them in his bound book

There's absolutely no reason they can't release it to any willing/valid FFL. If they know the gun is the OPs and have already talked to the remote this is not rocket science.

There's absolutely no reason they can't release it to any willing/valid FFL. If they know the gun is the OPs and have already talked to the remote this is not rocket science.
But that wouldn't fit the "MA drama requirement" in obtaining guns!

I swear, if the guys like the OP that post shit like this can't figure out how to take possession of a gun, how in TF are they ever going to survive when shit gets real in this country?

But that wouldn't fit the "MA drama requirement" in obtaining guns!

I swear, if the guys like the OP that post shit like this can't figure out how to take possession of a gun, how in TF are they ever going to survive when shit gets real in this country?
Sorry, I’m not sure how this is my fault…. I’m just trying to follow the law here and what the local PD is telling me.

And after the FFL sez : "What in hell do you want from me?" have him read this thread. Jack.
If he's a good FFL, he'll say, "Oh! That thread!".
[rofl]

adf70fbce84fa8a97bd66b92c02c4032.jpg

Sorry, I’m not sure how this is my fault…. I’m just trying to follow the law here and what the local PD is telling me.
It's not like those two things have anything to do with each other.

Back
Top Bottom