• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Long Island Championship USPSA

The Long Island Championship was this weekend and it was a great match.
9 stage, lowest round count was 29. Good combination of hard and easy fast shots. One of the better stages gave you an option to shoot some static closer, but left you shooting a texas star further out, or shoot around NS and getting closer to the star but having to kneel.

One stage had a Winger, which is a swinger that also spins. If you didn't get it as it activated it would pick up speed and bob and weave unpredictably. Great for a local match, too inconsistent for anything over a level I. You can kinda of see it on the stage with the ports on the red wall at the end

The Bigger matches at LIPSA have rivaled any major match that I have shot, so if you are looking to shoot a great match that isn't to far, this is the place

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that looked like a great match. I wish I knew about it sooner. I guess I will have to wait until next year.

Great shooting Mike!

Supermoto,
I was browsing youtube in search of learning more about IDPA since i'm brand new to this type of competition, I'm sure you have seen this clip but I attached it anyway. check out the video around 1:03 min, I think it's you?!. Great stuff!

Great match - lots of sand in my shoes and mags so I was cleaning both every stage. Finished 3rd in Limited, always prefer taking the ferry back to New London CT instead of driving back around at 5pm on a Sunday.

Supermoto,
I was browsing youtube in search of learning more about IDPA since i'm brand new to this type of competition, I'm sure you have seen this clip but I attached it anyway. check out the video around 1:03 min, I think it's you?!. Great stuff!
There are a bunch of us in there- Dan S, MFP 4073, kimmie1911 and more. (I'm running Supermoto at 1:023). This was filmed at the NE Sectional match in 2010.

Supermoto,

That was awesome I had not seen it before thanks for resurrecting it from 2010 :)

Back
Top Bottom