Looking at a new 5" Production gun - anyone have experience with the XD or M&P Pros?

Thanks again to everyone for the input. The XDM is on its way, I've already got the Bladetech holster and a couple of mags, and as a nice coincidence the day I paid off the layaway Springfield started offering 3 free mags and a mag pouch for buying an XDM [smile]

Thanks again to everyone for the input. The XDM is on its way, I've already got the Bladetech holster and a couple of mags, and as a nice coincidence the day I paid off the layaway Springfield started offering 3 free mags and a mag pouch for buying an XDM [smile]

lucky dog! Enjoy it and we expect a full range report

Got my setup all together today:

xdm9.jpg

Now to send in for the three free mags. Unfortunately my local range is closed for a month for renovations - won't get a chance to shoot it until the Steel Challenge match at Blackwater this weekend.

Update: Shot a local Steel Challenge match with it (at the US Training Center which is a friggin' impressive facility). First SC match ever and I finished in the top ten which is my best finish ever. I had never fired an XD or XDM prior to this match as my local range is closed for renovations and I don't feel like going to one of the 3-4 crappy indoor ranges around here.

That said, the trigger is very heavy (over 7 pounds at least) and that threw me off quite a bit. So the gun is now at Springer Precision for a 2.75" trigger. I'll post a full range report once I get it back.

Back
Top Bottom