Looking for a range

I belong to Mass Firearm School. I like it except for not allowing rifle calibers. But hey, not a deal breaker.

What I personally like is that there are no FUDD rules as far as I've seen or heard. So you can load up your mags, rapid fire, draw etc. I know Plymouth you have all sorts of rules (know several members and shot there a few times).

The down side is its a public range. So occasionally you get young people there shooting 12ga buck shot in the next booth shooting a zombie target at 7 yards and then high-fiving after they wing it. But lately they have had a RO walking around trying to keep it safe.
I want to check out mass firearms school but the only down side to me joining is it’s a 45 minute drive from my house. There is clubs near me but it’s a matter of getting sponsorship to get in.

I want to check out mass firearms school but the only down side to me joining is it’s a 45 minute drive from my house. There is clubs near me but it’s a matter of getting sponsorship to get in.
If the clubs close to you have events that are open to the public your best bet is to show up to some of those events. Introduced yourself and get to know some folks. That's the easiest way at my club to find a sponsor.

Sponsorship varies from club to club.

As stated above, go to an event open to non-members. Most Clubs that have Trap or Skeet are open to non-members when they shoot. If not, they're likely to have the gate unlocked, at least. Go talk to a few members, tell them that you're interested.

At my Club (not in your area, sorry) we often have potential members show up at Trap, chat for a bit, maybe shoot a round (lets us see if you're safe), and take an application with a couple sponsors' names on it. Either that, or show up at a monthly meeting. I'd advise talking to some Members, before you get too "into" a Club - each place has a "vibe," and you may want to make sure that you're compatible.

What do you want to shoot?
If you want to shoot rifle along with pistol indoors at a rental place then hit up the place in Attleboro Len mentioned.

I think there's a newer place in Tiverton RI but not sure on the details.

I think this is the place
Gun Shop, Shooting Range, Firearms Classes: Tiverton, RI: Sakonnet River Outfitters

Says open to the public and pic shows an MSR so that's a good sign you can go blast a high power garand or what not.

I'd give them a call and AFD to see what the rules and prices are today.

At least these rental places will get you by until you join a more local club when the weather warms up.

Usually it's 250-300 in one whack
to join a private club for the 1st time with the new member fee. After that it's closer to 100-150 annually.

There should not be much of a problem getting membership at Pembroke.
Go have breakfast this weekend on the 7th check the club out maybe shoot some five stand or trap/skeet if you like it grab a application in the club house. There's also a Black Powder event on the 8th if I recall.
If you like what you see then show up on the 8th at 830 take the safety orientation and come back on Monday night to get membership finalized.
If your looking for a pay and play try Fat Cat Sports in Bridgewater . not sure of their hours.
If you want a 24 hour indoor range you have Hanson rod and gun. I'm not to happy with that club lately though and the in door range is a bit small and dark .

There should not be much of a problem getting membership at Pembroke.
Go have breakfast this weekend on the 7th check the club out maybe shoot some five stand or trap/skeet if you like it grab a application in the club house. There's also a Black Powder event on the 8th if I recall.
If you like what you see then show up on the 8th at 830 take the safety orientation and come back on Monday night to get membership finalized.
If your looking for a pay and play try Fat Cat Sports in Bridgewater . not sure of their hours.
If you want a 24 hour indoor range you have Hanson rod and gun. I'm not to happy with that club lately though and the in door range is a bit small and dark .
I just saw this post now and it’s a little too late but I am going to see my friend who belongs there tonight so I will see if I can link up with him to go to the next event and check everything out. Thanks for the input!

Hopedale is indoor, 24/7/365 if you are willing to drive. Open house this Sat at 1

Back
Top Bottom