Looking to be able to get a non resident permit in a few states, getting confused

I am trying to get strait answers and am just ending up confused on what needs to be done in each state. The clearest site i have found so far is this
http://www.kc3.com/reciprocity_alt.htm
I am looking for NJ, NH, RI, Ct and possibly NY unless it is possible to transport through the state, I have read both. Also It appears VT recognizes our class a permits? Can anyone verify this?

Go to the following link and do your homework. Some States will NOT give you a non-resi license at all. You can drive through any state with the gun locked in your trunk unloaded as long as you are licensed by reciprocity or with a non-resi license at your destination.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

AFAIK, you do not need a permit in VT.
NH is easy to get - for $100 and 4 years.
PA is also easy to get - $26 for 5 years. Use Centre County sheriff.
Give up on NJ and NY. And when you travel through those states with your gun in a locked case, don't stop too long. They're not friendly towards guns.

Forget about getting a non-Res. permit in RI and NY. I don't know about NJ.
NY will issue you one if you live in the state or own land in that state but it is only good for the County in which it is issued. You may transport through the state via FOPA, but avoid NYC and Westchester County.

CT has a non-Res permit but it is very time involved in getting one.

Was on vacation in VT this June and no problems with our LTC-A's there.

You may want to look at GOAL, MA Firearm School and others here that offer the Utah and Florida non-Resident license courses.

AFAIK, you do not need a permit in VT.
NH is easy to get - for $100 and 4 years.
PA is also easy to get - $26 for 5 years. Use Centre County sheriff.
Give up on NJ and NY. And when you travel through those states with your gun in a locked case, don't stop too long. They're not friendly towards guns.

Vermont NO license needed for concealed or Open Carry.

and I agree 100% with the rest

I am trying to get strait answers and am just ending up confused on what needs to be done in each state. The clearest site i have found so far is this
http://www.kc3.com/reciprocity_alt.htm
I am looking for NJ, NH, RI, Ct and possibly NY unless it is possible to transport through the state, I have read both. Also It appears VT recognizes our class a permits? Can anyone verify this?

You are good in VT even without a Mass LTC..Forget NJ, NY and RI. You can get one from CT/NH.

How do I get a permit to carry a gun in the State of Connecticut?

In order to get a State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers you must first obtain a Local Permit. Out of state residents may apply for a non resident Connecticut State Pistol Permit. Non residents apply directly to the Connecticut State Police. Call 860-685-8494 to have an application mailed out.

You really need to check each State you intend to carry in. For instance, if you get the easy NH non-resi you can carry concealed in PA by reciprical agreement (unless the law changed recently), however you can not carry concealed in NH with a PA non-resi. You need to be careful and read the laws thoroughly. That is why I dent you to that link in my post above. There is a wealth of info at that site and each state tells how to apply for a license if available. Take your time and put it all together.

Back
Top Bottom