Loser campus cop checks me for having an empty holster on college campus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep.

Cops know most laws. But not all of them.

If you're carrying a firearm, KNOW the laws of the jurisdiction you're in.
And have your attorney's number in both your phone and your SO's phone.
I was bartending, for a MSP holiday party, at the hotel I worked at. One trooper asked for a gin & tonic, "With a lime."

"I have to put a lime in it, it's State law," (I was the funny type of bartender, not being the pretty kind....)

"Really???" Said the flummoxed MSP Superior Officer.

"No, not really...."

"Well, we don't know these things!"

[laugh]

I am very interested in learning where you consider me to be in error so I can try to figure out which one of us is wrong.

Are you stating that my claim they have full police powers is inaccurate, or are you saying they can do things like use an "internally issued warrant issued by the school" (i.e., letter from a dean authorizing a search). Or do you mean to imply that not stopping for a campus sworn LEO will not result in "Failure to stop for a police officer" charge? (remember, there is no crime "failure to stop for a private security guard"). Or, perhaps do you mean that these sworn police can be arrested for carrying a gun onto the property of a school other than the one they work at? Details and specifics please.

Or, are you saying they would be held accountable, rather than being told "glad you made it home safe" if they shot Pommeranian Phydeaux?

Very interested in details/corrections.
Failure to stop for a campus police officer on campus is one thing. A campus cop trying to pull someone over for speeding on the interstate is entirely different. I understand the concept of "hot pursuit" if the crime (especially a violent felony) occurred on campus in the presence of the officer and the criminal was in the process of fleeing. Campus cops are not municipal police officers and they are certainly not Massachusetts state troopers.

Failure to stop for a campus police officer on campus is one thing. A campus cop trying to pull someone over for speeding on the interstate is entirely different. I understand the concept of "hot pursuit" if the crime (especially a violent felony) occurred on campus in the presence of the officer and the criminal was in the process of fleeing. Campus cops are not municipal police officers and they are certainly not Massachusetts state troopers.

That's called....

Wait for it.....

Jurisdiction

It may be pages late, but I really proud that someone on NES spelled Loser right. It's the one that gets me more than the others. "How to loose a guy in 30 days." Tie crappier knots. (or is that nots?)
You never heard of getting the barrel a little loose on the inside so the bullets slide easier?

That's called....

Wait for it.....

Jurisdiction
My wife recently met a woman at a church event. By coincidence, they both worked for Sears, albeit in different states. This woman worked loss prevention at the now-defunct Sears store in the Burlington Mall. She graduated from a part-time police academy (paid for by Sears) and was sworn as a Special Police Officer by the town of Burlington.Her colleagues in loss prevention had the same status. She apprehended shoplifters, mostly teenage girls and testified against them in court. Not sure how much jurisdiction she had outside of the store. Mall management had contracted unarmed security guards to patrol the interior concourses and outside parking lots.

My wife recently met a woman at a church event. By coincidence, they both worked for Sears, albeit in different states. This woman worked loss prevention at the now-defunct Sears store in the Burlington Mall. She graduated from a part-time police academy (paid for by Sears) and was sworn as a Special Police Officer by the town of Burlington.Her colleagues in loss prevention had the same status. She apprehended shoplifters, mostly teenage girls and testified against them in court. Not sure how much jurisdiction she had outside of the store. Mall management had contracted unarmed security guards to patrol the interior concourses and outside parking lots.
Are you really comparing a mall security worker to a campus cop with actual policing authority?

Lol. Dude. Just stop. Loss prevention has its own VERY narrow powers. If the town swore them in as specials, then they have FULL police powers unless specifically delineated by the PD and Mall policies

YOU HAD TO GO AND SAY 40 YOU COULD HAVE SAID 9 OR 45 BUT NOOOO HAD TO SAY 40
HOW LONG YOU BEEN AROUND THESE PARTS YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU SAY 40

NES arguing over a fake post, meanwhile Dems passed a REAL private sale gun ban bill in the house today...
Dude, we lost the gun control argument the day the democrats stole the election. It will be better for your mental health to just make peace with that, and LOL on the way to the gulag.

A good friend had that arrangement when he worked for Jordan Marsh under the dome in Framingham many years ago. The "special police" powers were VERY VERY limited. No ability to carry on the badge, definitely "not a police officer" when it comes to 269-10j, etc., no access to an MPA sticker for his car; no dog shooting privs; etc. I'm not even sure exactly what powers it did give other than the right to flash a police badge and call himself special police.

He's still going strong......

He's still going strong......

this is amazing

Security at the Burlington Mall, although they were given special designation by the town, had no police powers at all. They were not allowed to touch anyone per store policy, and were only allowed to observe and report and call the police if someone shoplifted. They were not allowed to follow anyone outside the store into the mall (mall owned by Simon, Sears owned their store only) and if they went into the parking lot after someone they were only to observe and not confront.

80% of their job was watching the employees, as that is where most of the theft comes from in retail stores. They could detain employees, but not if they wanted to leave. They certainly could not detain customers, but a lot of the kids didn't know any better and if they were told to sit there and wait for the police they would.

1. What the f*** is an fid and carry card?
2. The cop saw your holster thinking it was a gun and asked you about it.....you showed him an empty holster....and he left. That's a "hard time"?!?!? Your way to f***ing sensitive dude.
You think he’s sensitive because you merely have an LTC. Once acquiring your carry card you’ll understand.

Lol. Dude. Just stop. Loss prevention has its own VERY narrow powers. If the town swore them in as specials, then they have FULL police powers unless specifically delineated by the PD and Mall policies
Sears wanted to cover their collective asses...plain and simple. If she had to get appointed special assistant to the mayor, I am sure that would have been accomplished as well. Corporations have a lot of influence. They tend to get what they want...regardless! Is that simple concept too hard for you to understand, dude?

Sears wanted to cover their collective asses...plain and simple. If she had to get appointed special assistant to the mayor, I am sure that would have been accomplished as well. Corporations have a lot of influence. They tend to get what they want...regardless! Is that simple concept too hard for you to understand, dude?

You really have no idea of the ins and outs of Law Enforcement in Massachusetts

DUDE

Oxymoron alert.
Yeah, fortunately for security, employees would usually stick around because they already know who they are. Customers can just leave and all security can provide the cops is video of them. Sometimes the cops know who they are if they are frequent offenders, but mostly its just a waste of time.

You really have no idea of the ins and outs of Law Enforcement in Massachusetts

DUDE
I knew a dude who banged some gutterslut who had a cousin who shared needles with a plumber who was detained by a mall security guard for drooling on himself inna store, so I know things about cops, dude.

I knew a dude who banged some gutterslut who had a cousin who shared needles with a plumber who was detained by a mall security guard for drooling on himself inna store, so I know things about cops, dude.
So the cousin shared needles with a drooling plumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom