LTC and Moving

Forgive me if similar posts exist. Got my LTC-A w/ restrictions for H&S about 1 year ago here in Waltham. I desperately wanted one for ALP, but first timers here in Waltham get the restricted one.
My question is, I could be moving soon, so if the town I move to is categorized as Green (ALP), is it worth my time to talk to the chief to get my LTC " upgraded " to ALP or do I have to wait until the 6 year expiration date?
I know there are firearms attorneys that deal with these types of issues, but again, would I be waisting my time, understanding that different Police Chiefs make individual decisions.
Thanks

There's nothing that would prevent the new chief from issuing a new license, except for his or her willingness to do so. I suspect that the only way you'll get a definitive answer on that is to arrange for a face-to-face. It won't cost you anything to check.

Ken

Thanks for taking the time to respond Ken.
Does anyone have any personal experiences or second hand stories?

Try it, it won't hurt.

Yes, SiameseRat tried it and the chief refused. But if she didn't ask, the effect would have been the same.

If a chief is pro-2A (there are a few out there) they might do it.

2A = second amendment.

Paul: I suggest that you consider moving to Wayland if you can swing it. Try talking to the licensing officer first. Weston is also a possibility, but prices there are breathtaking...

My first LTC was issued in Chicopee in 1993 and was for "Target and Sports" or something close (NO CCW!).

Shortly thereafter I moved to South Hadley and the then-COP gave me a signed letter to carry that I was authorized to carry concealed for "Personal Protection". I don't know if that was exactly in keeping with the law but he was satisfied. Upon my renewal my license was annotated "Personal Protection" and has been ever since. My lated license is marked: "Restrictions: None" and is good until 2012.

Back
Top Bottom