• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ltc fingerprints

How long after fingerprints do you think I should wait before calling the FRB? Did prints one week ago. Also does the new gun laws just passed in MA affect new applicants?
Brother I got my FID back in 2013. It took 96 days before I was handed the license by my local PD. AND THEY GOT MY ADRRSS WRONG.

Yes i agree it means more new people getting Into the sport
Just make sure if you go to the range without an RSO when they declare the range clear tell every idiot that they’re not supposed to touch the guns when you’re down range because for some reason they always seem to. We’re going to see an uptick of “gun violence” from idiots being idiots.

Just make sure if you go to the range without an RSO when they declare the range clear tell every idiot that they’re not supposed to touch the guns when you’re down range because for some reason they always seem to. We’re going to see an uptick of “gun violence” from idiots being idiots.
Eh that happened after sandy hook too, things got militant at the range for a while but nobody got hurt and the idiots were weeded out pretty quick

The media will always counter a positive (more Americans exercising their 2A rights) with a negative (shooting deaths are up a tick due to Americans taking more interest in 2A)
Lies and deceit are the only thing they have when we’re an armed population

Eh that happened after sandy hook too, things got militant at the range for a while but nobody got hurt and the idiots were weeded out pretty quick

The media will always counter a positive (more Americans exercising their 2A rights) with a negative (shooting deaths are up a tick due to Americans taking more interest in 2A)
Lies and deceit are the only thing they have when we’re an armed population
I wouldn’t say they got militant, I’d say they got retarded. i’m not gonna post any more photos. Why you don’t wanna go down range with retards. That’s why I like my steel targets. You don’t ever have to reset them.

But at the same time, it’s not the best for practice because when you shoot things that aren’t metal, it doesn’t make a sound when you hit it so that way you have to know you hit it for training purposes.

Plenty of people get hurt at the range, but it’s one of those things that most people won’t talk about. I’ll tell you firsthand other than the nes shoots.. there’s always risk involved like even the bigger one that I won’t call out by name up north they had to bring the helicopters in the rescue somebody from stupidity

It doesn’t really inspire a lot of confidence when you go to reach for the light to switch to the lights on and there’s blood all over the wall or when you’re in an indoor shooting range and the building is leaking because there’s gunshots in the roof. These things happen quite often.

I wouldn’t say they got militant, I’d say they got retarded. i’m not gonna post any more photos. Why you don’t wanna go down range with retards. That’s why I like my steel targets. You don’t ever have to reset them.

But at the same time, it’s not the best for practice because when you shoot things that aren’t metal, it doesn’t make a sound when you hit it so that way you have to know you hit it for training purposes.

Plenty of people get hurt at the range, but it’s one of those things that most people won’t talk about. I’ll tell you firsthand other than the nes shoots.. there’s always risk involved like even the bigger one that I won’t call out by name up north they had to bring the helicopters in the rescue somebody from stupidity
So what are you saying? We need less new people in the sport?

I’ve yet to see an accident at the range in my years of shooting, yet to even hear of one
The only one I can remember is the machine gun shoot at Hanson.
And when I shot at Hanson, after panic #1 they (we) got militant
Not saying it doesn’t happen, but it’s a risk that has to be worth taking or you can kiss the whole shooting sports thing goodbye

So what are you saying? We need less new people in the sport?

I’ve yet to see an accident at the range in my years of shooting, yet to even hear of one
The only one I can remember is the machine gun shoot at Hanson.
And when I shot at Hanson, after panic #1 they (we) got militant
Not saying it doesn’t happen, but it’s a risk that has to be worth taking or you can kiss the whole shooting sports thing goodbye
I’m not saying that all what I’m saying is we need more RSO… as much as I don’t like the price
S of shooting at let’s say West Springfield “hot brass” at least all the stalls are bulletproof.

And there’s always an RSO

I’m not saying that all what I’m saying is we need more RSO… as much as I don’t like the price
S of shooting at let’s say West Springfield “hot brass” at least all the stalls are bulletproof.

Ahh public ranges

Yeah all set and I can understand your concerns
The public range in Barnstable was bedlam its worth it to join a club

what I’m saying is we need more RSO
I would welcome more RSO's if that's what they actually did. There are to many that use the position to exercise their authority, to pat themselves on their back, and offer unasked or unwanted advice. If they just focused strictly on safety, then I have no problem having more.

I certainly don’t want more tacticool chads at the range barking stupid orders. And the same for Fudds who would frown on some things I want to practice.

Do we need to be safe and offer great safety orientation? Yes. But I also usually try to go the range on less busy days/times so I don’t have to deal with safety issues

We don't need more RSO.

If you are a member of a club that is such a sh*t show, go to another club or volunteer to be the RSO, make sure you are reliable, or, if people are doing stupid sh*t, report them. I am not saying be a Karen. Example: I once saw an idiot walk out to change targets with a hot range while I was shooting, f*ck that moron.

The Old Colony RSO was annoying AF. I was a member there for 10 years. I stopped being a member during COVID when they wanted people to schedule time and make sure there was an RSO present ... f*ck that noise.

This is the kind of sh*t an RSO will lead to. You don't have enough volunteers so now you have to check a schedule and all sorts of other junk.

Last edited:
I would welcome more RSO's if that's what they actually did. There are to many that use the position to exercise their authority, to pat themselves on their back, and offer unasked or unwanted advice. If they just focused strictly on safety, then I have no problem having more.
That’s another huge problem with one of my clubs I used to join. The f***ing RSO would say hey you’re shooting too quick. Then I said hey did I hit the target at 300 yards every time.
Then shut the f*** up and go back and have a coffee. My membership was revoked.

We don't need more RSO.

If you are a member of a club that is such a sh*t show, go to another club or volunteer to be the RSO, make sure you are reliable, or, if people are doing stupid sh*t, report them. I am not saying be a Karen. Example: I once saw an idiot walk out to change targets with a hot range while I was shooting, f*ck that moron.

The Old Colony RSO was annoying AF. I was a member there for 10 years. I stopped being a member during COVID when they wanted people to schedule time and make sure there was an RSO present ... f*ck that noise.

This is the kind of sh*t an RSO will lead to. You don't have enough volunteers so now you have to check a schedule and all sorts of other junk.
That’s the exact shit I’m talking about. You’ve got a guy on scaffolding with a loudspeaker saying hey a**h*** don’t walk down a live range.
We got the quad 50 and tanks and this guy is walking down range while we’re all unloading, full auto.

That’s another huge problem with one of my clubs I used to join. The f***ing RSO would say hey you’re shooting too quick. Then I said hey did I hit the target at 300 yards every time.
Sounds like the RSO got confused and thought of the job as an "authority position" rather than "Safety position".

I really trying to pull up the video of the RSO from the NES shoot, they tap me on the shoulder because I’m losing brass. I’ll find it.

It normally I don’t like people touching me especially when I’m shooting but I needed to keep that brass and links. You don’t want to f*** them in the dirt if you’re gonna reuse them.

Sounds like the RSO got confused and thought of the job as an "authority position" rather than "Safety position".
It probably didn’t help that. I said shut the f*** up old man. This is a range where they let some kid micro Uzi his face off, which would never happen with the rest of us.

All right, we’re well off-topic here. At the other place where they needed the helicopter because somebody was stupid I go to pop a f***ing flare off and the entire thing fails. So I called the RSo over to have them handle it.

He tells me you’re on your own, and he hands me a Leatherman. I should’ve just used my teeth.

That’s the exact shit I’m talking about. You’ve got a guy on scaffolding with a loudspeaker saying hey a**h*** don’t walk down a live range.
We got the quad 50 and tanks and this guy is walking down range while we’re all unloading, full auto.
I have seen that happen once in over 12 years.
So you want more RSO to prevent that one time.

No thanks.

Sounds a lot like "if it saves one life, it will be worth it".

Yet you are asking for more RSO.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom