• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC re-up fee

I just re-uped my LTC, The fee for active LEOs in my town is $25, (civilians pay $100) Having been retired for four years, they still charged me $25. I actually asked them; "Is it still 25 now that I'm retired?" I was wondering if this is policy else where, or are they just showing me Prof-courtesy because I know them all? Comments?

I just re-uped my LTC, The fee for active LEOs in my town is $25, (civilians pay $100) Having been retired for four years, they still charged me $25. I actually asked them; "Is it still 25 now that I'm retired?" I was wondering if this is policy else where, or are they just showing me Prof-courtesy because I know them all? Comments?

Consider yourself LUCKY!

Per MGL, only active LEOs are supposed to pay $25 (unless they work for the PD issuing the LTC, in that case it cost $0), once retired you are supposed to pay $100 again. Also it is up to the PD as to what they accept as an "LEO" . . . some will insist Deputy Sheriffs, Feds, Amtrak Police, Harbor Masters, Campus Police, Constables, COs, etc. don't qualify and others will give some or all of these categories LE status for purpose of the fee.

You got a break, enjoy it.

Consider yourself LUCKY!

Per MGL, only active LEOs are supposed to pay $25 (unless they work for the PD issuing the LTC, in that case it cost $0), once retired you are supposed to pay $100 again. Also it is up to the PD as to what they accept as an "LEO" . . . some will insist Deputy Sheriffs, Feds, Amtrak Police, Harbor Masters, Campus Police, Constables, COs, etc. don't qualify and others will give some or all of these categories LE status for purpose of the fee.

You got a break, enjoy it.

SWEET!

Back
Top Bottom