LTC renewal reminder

License expires in January. Do I wait for a notice in the mail or do I just go in and reapply. if you get a notice, does it come from the state or your local PD. Thanks ahead for any info

I'm sure someone will be along to answer about resident LTCs, but I know that I don't receive any notice when my non-res is about to expire. I just have to check renewal on the application. That is about the only difference with the process.

Apply at least 6 to 8 weeks ahead. Some towns will tell you that all you need is 4 weeks. You will not get a reminder. Play it safe and get the renewal form for your local PD and get to it.

There is no renewal notice. Call your PD and ask them what they prefer. Don't take the advice here

Well, couple of years ago CHSB did indeed send out renewal notices- or at least I received one. Maybe they don't anymore.

That said, the best idea is within 90 days of expiration you should be contacting the issuing authority or CHSB to set up an appointment to get a renewal going.

-Mike

Thanks, I'll get over to the PD this week. I remember getting reminders in the past but they don't even send out drivers license renewal reminders anymore. i'd rather not let it lapse and from what I've been reading here the renewal process seems to take longer than I recall

I received a renewal notice from CHSB about 1 week ago. Mine also is due in January.

Don't count on getting a notice. A decade or two ago, there was a big news item when the welfare people got a form letter telling them to renew their LTC, and LTC holders received a reminder regarding their welfare benefits.

FYI Spoke to someone at GOAL and was told to start renewal process 3 months before expiration date, reminder or not.

I just renewed mine in October. Called local PD in September because I didn't receive a reminder. Made my appointment for renewal, went in and renewed, and 2 days later got a reminder in the mail. Got my new license 2 weeks before expiration.

i called the Sareant in charge of lecinses, he what i was told.

"there are no more reminders" mine is due in Feb, "come in the first week
of Jan they are taking 3-4 weeks to get processed, and there is a 90 day
grace period after expiration"

anyone have any different info???????????????

90 day grace period is true!
They don't send out reminders, in hopes that some people will forget to renew! Always keep up on your expiration dates!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom