LTC Required to enter gun shows?

I won’t go to a gun show that doesn’t allow carry….
Then you won't be attending any gun shows in MA or NH. They all ban carrying.
No need to get your panties in a bunch, check the wording:

This appears to be a "by petition" bill drafted by, and submitted on behalf of, a constituent making a request. Note that Rep Gonzales is listed as "Presenter", not "Sponsor" or "Co Sponsor".

"On behalf of" bills are DOA and anyone who know how the game is played understands that. People submitting these tend to be clueless and may actually mean that "referred to study" means someone will be "studying" their bill.

There are also serious constitutional flaws since it bans "attending any meeting of ...." and does not even attempt to use the nexus of "guns present" to establish such a prohibition. Plus earmarking slots on a gun trafficking board by race.
I didn't study the bill but it is of no concern of mine. Once I decided to move to NH in 2017, I stopped going to gun shows in both MA and NH. Prices were ridiculous, MA shows were a skeleton of what they had been. I also found that the Braintree R&P (members only) shows were better than any commercial shows. I'm hopeful that Londonderry F&G (members only) show will also be good and that I'll be able to attend/participate, as I still have a lot of surplus to me stuff (and guns) to get rid of.

I think we need to apply some pressure though give the favorable 2a rulings, we should collectively go after the standard cap mag ban. That would cause some real pantshitting haha.
There is already a lawsuit challenging both the AWB & Mag bans, it’s called NAGR v. Campbell. There’s a hearing on a motion for preliminary injunction scheduled for May 11th. It’s open to the public and it’ll be by video. You can sign up to watch as early as May 9th. Courtlist Schedule

But, but, I just go for the jerky...
I brought my son when he was 13, about nine years ago. He really wanted some jerky so I gave him some money and he bought some. He bought a half pound of venison jerky. On the drive home, I asked him for some. Little bastard ate the whole thing!!

I didn't study the bill but it is of no concern of mine. Once I decided to move to NH in 2017, I stopped going to gun shows in both MA and NH. Prices were ridiculous, MA shows were a skeleton of what they had been. I also found that the Braintree R&P (members only) shows were better than any commercial shows. I'm hopeful that Londonderry F&G (members only) show will also be good and that I'll be able to attend/participate, as I still have a lot of surplus to me stuff (and guns) to get rid of.
I don’t go anywhere that bans carrying and I find this ban especially hypocritical.

This appears to be a "by petition" bill drafted by, and submitted on behalf of, a constituent making a request. Note that Rep Gonzales is listed as "Presenter", not "Sponsor" or "Co Sponsor".

"On behalf of" bills are DOA and anyone who know how the game is played understands that. People submitting these tend to be clueless and may actually mean that "referred to study" means someone will be "studying" their bill.

There are also serious constitutional flaws since it bans "attending any meeting of ...." and does not even attempt to use the nexus of "guns present" to establish such a prohibition. Plus earmarking slots on a gun trafficking board by race.

Thanks many times over for your experience and perspective here on topic like these.

Sometimes you just want to let loose and start swinging a baseball bat into the faces of these idiots until they look like Glen and Abraham. It might be good stress relief.

If that passes, it will pretty much put the last nail in the coffin containing gun shows in this state.
I could care less about that stupid c*** losing her shirt..... However.... This type of legislation has far worse implications for club shows and other exhibitions of guns.

By Representative González of Springfield, a petition (accompanied by bill, House, No. 2334) of Carlos González, Bud L. Williams and Jason M. Lewis relative to tracking, tracing and stopping illegal firearms. Public Safety and Homeland Security.
All coordinated. Representative Day is in the same district as senator Lewis. the Anti-2a groups simply gave them the legislation and told,them “here, put these out there.” Lewis is too busy with his own hard hitting legislation, like the bills he put forth to allow transgender people to amend their gender on their birth certificates and to allow non-binary options on state id’s.

Ya but let's be honest, up here in NH they don't really care or check. If it's concealed, just don't say anything. If it's something you're trying to sell, that's a different story. Besides, the worst they can do is ask you to leave. I've seen some pretty obvious printing at the Concord shows.

Sometimes you just want to let loose and start swinging a baseball bat into the faces of these idiots until they look like Glen and Abraham. It might be good stress relief.
Or looks like DWS…ugh…good god, a face only a mother could love…

Yesss!

f*** you:
Mass collectors and treasure association
Boston mineral club
And just about everyone on this list, along with others:
Find Local Coin Clubs in Massachusetts | Provident

Seriously, this is a bill that proves those in charge have no idea what the f*** they're talking about, both in breadth, and the complete lack of understanding of how "the gun show loophole" doesn't exist in Massachusetts because we already register private transfers.

Then there is also that pesky 1a violation.
Ya right. Those that are in charge know exactly what they are talking about. The fools are the ones that believe that they are doing this with the intention of protecting their constituents. They realize that all they need to do is scare the soccer moms and they can do anything they want to take away your rights. And they're doing a damn good job of it.

Seriously? Members only? Does being on the waiting list count?

You guys keep trying to understand the logic of this as if it’s in good faith. The legislative goal is to end gun shows in MA.

You’d think Carole and Homeless Jeff Spicoli have been doing a great job of that on their own.

Ya but let's be honest, up here in NH they don't really care or check. If it's concealed, just don't say anything. If it's something you're trying to sell, that's a different story. Besides, the worst they can do is ask you to leave. I've seen some pretty obvious printing at the Concord shows.
Let's be honest down here in MASS they don't really care or check either.
The only ones it matters to are the timid ones who obey all signs in life they see

Since they call out Section 131 for LTC, those of us with NR LTCs (Section 131F) would be banned from the shows.

I also noted that there are numerous changes in wording that took affect in 2022. https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleXX/Chapter140/Section131

I'm not going to parse it to figure out if anything substantial changed, but I don't recall reading about any omnibus changes to MGL C. 140 last year.
Pretty sure they made a couple updates because of Bruen. I don't recall anything else sneaking in.

Many many years ago there used to be this guy at the gun show at the Shriners Auditorium that sold the best Kettle Corn. I would seriously go to that show just to buy a box of his Kettle Corn to eat while I was walking around

death by a thousand cuts....

I have never seen a group of people more persecuted in the land of the free and home of the idiots than the people who exercise their God given 2A constitutional right.

It is beyond pathetic how much crap has gotten thrown over the years and all the ground "free" Americans have lost with regard to 2A.

Not a single one of these gun control laws has done anything to reduce crime. Yet we keep driving down this road and yielding to all the gun control traffic goons passing us by trying to run us off the road into a ditch.

The goal of our pro 2A gun groups should not be to prevent new gun control legislation

The focus should be to abolish all gun control laws in the nation and its territories going back to before gun powder was invented.

Anything less is failure.

Seriously? Members only? Does being on the waiting list count?
I am not a spokesperson for the club, but knowing the officers, I am certain that members only does NOT include the 200+ that are on the waiting list for membership.
So this would eliminate any out of state resident yo attend a MA gun show?
The only reason I would attend in MA would be to chat with friends that I've made over all the years I lived in the gulag. However, spending close to $15 for that privilege isn't likely. The last shows I did attend pre-Covid, I hardly saw anyone I knew there anyway.

I am not a spokesperson for the club, but knowing the officers, I am certain that members only does NOT include the 200+ that are on the waiting list for membership.

The only reason I would attend in MA would be to chat with friends that I've made over all the years I lived in the gulag. However, spending close to $15 for that privilege isn't likely. The last shows I did attend pre-Covid, I hardly saw anyone I knew there anyway.
exactly why I don't go anymore. I'm not too social by nature, but met lots of great ppl at these shows over the years. I don't recognize anyone anymore

death by a thousand cuts....

I have never seen a group of people more persecuted in the land of the free and home of the idiots than the people who exercise their God given 2A constitutional right.

It is beyond pathetic how much crap has gotten thrown over the years and all the ground "free" Americans have lost with regard to 2A.

Not a single one of these gun control laws has done anything to reduce crime. Yet we keep driving down this road and yielding to all the gun control traffic goons passing us by trying to run us off the road into a ditch.

The goal of our pro 2A gun groups should not be to prevent new gun control legislation

The focus should be to abolish all gun control laws in the nation and its territories going back to before gun powder was invented.

Anything less is failure.
It is mind-boggling when you step back, take a deep breath and look at it. How the Hell did we get here? How did "Shall not be infringed" come to leave us with the most complicated and "infringed" Constitutional right of all? Pure insanity. :(

Back
Top Bottom