Ltca

I understand that in Boston and possibly some other big cities its an even bigger process to get an LTCA than average. But say If i live on the Cape or somthing and I have an LTCA, can I carry in Boston and other tightass areas?

A LTC is a STATE ISSUED LICENSE, but the local authorities "authorize" it.

Thus, your LTC is good anywhere within the boundaries of the state of MA.

That said and NOT to scare anyone, but just to show the lack of gun law knowledge amongst those that enforce the laws, I am aware of at least one instance where a Boston PO told a LTC-carrier that his License was "no good here, as it wasn't issued in Boston"!!

So, be prepared with knowledge of our laws so that if you run into someone who is clueless, you can POLITELY attempt to educate them. [However never cop an attitude or get arrogant with someone that has a badge, as you can't "win" that way.]

Last edited:
So, be prepared with knowledge of our laws so that if you run into someone who is clueless, you can POLITELY attempt to educate them. [However never cop an attitude or get arrogant with someone that has a badge, as you can't
"win" that way.

Not only that, but you'll most likely wind up sending a good chunk of money Darius' way... [wink]

Well, this answers a question I've been wondering about since I got my up-grade to an unrestircted LTC-A. ...not that I travel into the hub a lot though.

I've been carrying in Boston for 30 years. It's called "Concealed Carry" for a reason. Nobody knows that I'm carrying when I'm carrying. I've never been challanged and never expect to be challanged.

I think some folks are making a major issue where there really is NO ISSUE!

Back
Top Bottom