Lynn: Police seize AK-47s, knives, Halloween mask

Theres no charge for possession w/o a license... is there a chance these guys were licensed? And also, it was the BPD site that said they were "believed to be automatic"

It's a good thing they haven't passed the new conceal carry law yet, everything would have been legal according to NY senator Schumer thinks,

"A 17-year-old Crip or Blood from New York--a member of a gang; dangerous, maybe violent--could head to Vermont, obtain a Vermont driver's license, buy a gun, and return to New York or he could buy a whole bunch of guns and return to New York. When law enforcement stops him, a loaded gun tucked in his pants or a whole bunch of guns in his backpack, all he would have to do is claim he is a Vermonter visiting New York, show his Vermont ID, and the New York Police Department would be unable to stop him. This runs shivers down the spines of New York police officers, of New York sheriffs, of New York law enforcement. And it doesn't just apply to New York. This could apply to any large State.

Imagine law enforcement stopping one of these characters with a backpack full of guns--a known member of a major gang--and having to let them go. Imagine how empowered gun smugglers and traffickers would feel. Their business would boom. These are people who make money by selling guns illegally to people who are convicted felons. They could go to the State with the weakest laws, get a concealed carry permit--if that State allowed it, and in all likelihood it might--and then start bringing concealed guns into neighboring States and States across the country. Their business would boom, but our safety would be impaired. Imagine routine traffic stops turned into potential shootouts"

I have to say i lol'd when I read that

It's a good thing they haven't passed the new conceal carry law yet, everything would have been legal according to NY senator Schumer thinks,

"A 17-year-old Crip or Blood from New York--a member of a gang; dangerous, maybe violent--could head to Vermont, obtain a Vermont driver's license, buy a gun, and return to New York or he could buy a whole bunch of guns and return to New York.
No, he couldn't - Schumer is an ass who doesn't know the laws, obviously. Federal law prevents anyone under 21 from buying a pistol in VT or any other state. (although I'm not sure if that's just from an FFL or if that covers private sales, too - but even if it doesn't, he'd STILL need to be 18 to possess them legally in VT.)

Back
Top Bottom